Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Tsk, tsk, Titan.

BTW, any thoughts on the ICC suspensions??

Terms seem about right although Salmon Butt as Captain should have had a life ban.

Asif is finished and Amir has a chance at rehab in 5 years.

Pity they get take back their ill gotten winnings.

I'd laugh pretty hard if Clarke won ODI player of the year. He has averaged over 50 in the past 12 months, so he's a chance.

It would be pretty funny.

It's got to be Watto though doesn't it? He's our best ODI player by far IMO.

Edit: Seems that it is Watto.

Edited by Nasher

Deleted all the non-cricket related posts on the last page. Sick of seeing new posts in this thread only to be disappointed that they've got nothing to do with cricket.

Pretty disappointing effort for a bunch of smart blokes who know their cricket.

BTW, any thoughts on the ICC suspensions??

I thought they were about right. I just hope they don't appeal... :rolleyes:

I'd laugh pretty hard if Clarke won ODI player of the year. He has averaged over 50 in the past 12 months, so he's a chance.

That would have been amusing. Much like his date with Tait to the AB medal.

I was a little surprised he was rested from the last ODI against England, given he was starting to perform with the bat though. I'm sure Cameron White enjoyed it, all the same.

I'll come back to that Nasher...in a week. ;)

Deleted all the non-cricket related posts on the last page. Sick of seeing new posts in this thread only to be disappointed that they've got nothing to do with cricket.

Fair enough.

Of course, there is one simple solution to that problem, but let's not go into that now. Let's instead debate whether Trent Copeland will get a game for Australia this year. Surprised some by beating Chris Lynn to the young cricketer of the year award.

I think I read he took 60 wickets in 11 matches. That's a pretty darn good effort. Given our lack of pace bowling options (well, decent pace bowling options), and the injuries to Harris, Starc and Hazlewood (who might not get back to full fitness before August, I don't know), maybe Copeland will head the queue.

Edited by titan_uranus

Krejza,the Steven Bradbury of Austraian cricket.

Absolutely - what a lucky break (no pun intended) for him. Would've been some distance from the selectors minds at the start of the ODI series.

Big endorsement for Ferguson, especially given the level of absolute class in Marsh's century in the ODI series. What probably hurt was the fact that Marsh did nothing at all when batting higher in the order where Ferguson looked solid, which is where he'd have been required for the WC. Looking forward to see how Australia go - don't think there's a hope in the world of us winning, but I'm expecting a competitive performance.

Also, Mike Hussey and Hauritz are out of the World Cup.

Shaun Marsh unluckily misses out on being the replacement, Callum Ferguson gets that job, and Krejza is in for Hauritz.

Krejza on Indian decks is well worth a gamble...He bowled a few nice ones in Perth. (Even Tong Grieg praised him!!) Practise games are over, now we will know how hard the Poms were trying. (i take nothing away from the Australians, but you could tell the Poms wanted to go home after the Ashes)-that was the job.

Bring on the WC.

Edited by why you little

The way the injuries are mounting for Australia, I would back our best injured XI over our currently fittest XI atm.

Its got so bad Krejza has been selected even though he has not featured in 1st class cricket.

At least he is a consistent. He bleeds at about 6 an over in Test cricket and ODIs even in the backyard friendly against an England 2nd XI in Perth.

Krejza is a bigger punt (and a forced one) than Tait.

Australia will have to rely on other major sides imploding in the WC to make the semi finals.

Heard Mike Hussey express his displeasure at being left out and not being given the chance to return to full fitness early in the World Cup campaign. He mentioned that he thought a precedent had been set with Andrew Symonds last world Cup when he returned half way through having injured his arm/bicep in the lead up to the last World Cup during the ODI series in Australia. He is spitting chips.

Where does he stand now ?

I'm happy to see Ferguson given the chance and I think Krejza will be handy on the sub continent. Looking forward to the World Cup now.

Big endorsement for Ferguson, especially given the level of absolute class in Marsh's century in the ODI series. What probably hurt was the fact that Marsh did nothing at all when batting higher in the order where Ferguson looked solid, which is where he'd have been required for the WC. Looking forward to see how Australia go - don't think there's a hope in the world of us winning, but I'm expecting a competitive performance.

Marsh has tweaked a hammy hasn't he ?

The way the injuries are mounting for Australia, I would back our best injured XI over our currently fittest XI atm.

Its got so bad Krejza has been selected even though he has not featured in 1st class cricket.

At least he is a consistent. He bleeds at about 6 an over in Test cricket and ODIs even in the backyard friendly against an England 2nd XI in Perth.

Krejza is a bigger punt (and a forced one) than Tait.

Australia will have to rely on other major sides imploding in the WC to make the semi finals.

Krejza is a major gamble, but a good one. He has got nothing to lose, so i hope he plays his best cricket ever next month.

Who knows what the indian decks will be like??? That would be a science in itself, preparing Indian pitches!

Still think Brett Lee will be a major key to how far we progress. Will his old body hang together?

Hussey's Hamstring(s) were never going to be ready for the world cup, that was major surgery that needs time to heal, similiar to Junior Mac.

No point in breaking down during the first or second game...

Krejza is a major gamble, but a good one. He has got nothing to lose, so i hope he plays his best cricket ever next month.

The same argument could made about Shaun Tait. Krejza has no form to speak of and is there because of mounting injuries.

From the ODI and 20/20 competitions in India, wickcets have have been dead to placid.

The same argument could made about Shaun Tait. Krejza has no form to speak of and is there because of mounting injuries.

From the ODI and 20/20 competitions in India, wickcets have have been dead to placid.

Tait can bowl, no question, it's just his body will not allow him.

Krejza may have no form in Australia so to speak, but he has turned it on in India, even if it was only one. 8 wickets is 8 wickets, so i am glad he is going over there.

Tait is a game by game proposition.

Tait can bowl, no question, it's just his body will not allow him.

Krejza may have no form in Australia so to speak, but he has turned it on in India, even if it was only one. 8 wickets is 8 wickets, so i am glad he is going over there.

Tait is a game by game proposition.

And Krejza isn't a game by game proposition?

Krejza got lucky in India in a dead rubber slogfest. He still leaked 5 runs per over. And prior to that he got spanked in some early season jollies in India. No track form there

Both are forced gambles due to injuries to preferred players.

Australia is limited to taking an underwhelming side on this WC.

After the original squad was announced I said Ferguson was the unlucky bat to miss so I'm not unhappy he's going, but I think Hussey should have been in the 15 we took.

Absolutely - what a lucky break (no pun intended) for him. Would've been some distance from the selectors minds at the start of the ODI series.

From what I've read Marsh was ruled out.

Heard Mike Hussey express his displeasure at being left out and not being given the chance to return to full fitness early in the World Cup campaign. He mentioned that he thought a precedent had been set with Andrew Symonds last world Cup when he returned half way through having injured his arm/bicep in the lead up to the last World Cup during the ODI series in Australia. He is spitting chips.

Where does he stand now ?

He's justifiably jilted IMO.

Marsh has tweaked a hammy hasn't he ?

Yep.......

As for Hussey, I'm sorry that this has happened to him but I'm not sure anyone should be automatically included because of precedent.

His frustration is clear and fair I guess but he is over 35 years old and had pulled his hammy badly, and unfortunately for him there can't be any half measures here with this team,

especially since there are an odd number of replacement rules in place. I'm however not convinced this will be the last we see of him in the PJ's, but it is going to be tough to get back.

Especially given the kiddies coming through now.

(Without having seen a single ball...)

What a game! Victoria chasing 259 after Cosgrove and Bailey made centuries, slumped to 8/192 in the 39th over (of 45). Then Glenn Maxwell hit 61 off 27 and Peter Siddle 25* off 16 to win off the last ball of the match! Wish I was down at Bellerive to see that one!

Wow !!!!What a sensational win by Victoria in the Ryobi Cup v. Tas. tonight. Absolutely brilliant hitting by Glenn Maxwell!

BUT.......!!!!!!! What a lesson for Australia in the World Cup. Vic needed one to win off the last ball. After Siddle edged it to point, Holland almost completed the single while the ball reached the fieldsman! The lesson? DON'T let the batsman at the bowler's end crib in these circumstances. The bowler shouldn't just run him out(as he easily could have).He should warn him, before he bowls, that he'll be watching to make sure he doesn't crib. The keeper should stand up to the stumps. So the shot straight to the short fieldsman should be a runout at either end.

This scenario is not unlikely in an important game in the World Cup.

I also thought Maxwell's clean hitting on the legside showed the value of the striker standing his ground(not stepping away to the legside), and whacking it with the bottom hand through mid-wicket.The ball raced so hard off his bat that it was four unless it went absolutely directly to the fieldsman on the boundary.( though he often hit over them for six!! He has unique talent.