• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Lets get together on this shit

Guest unstable punt

Guest unstable punt

l wrote this on the Shwarz thread but l think it needs its own thread, Stop knocking people including David Schwarz and Gary Lyon,when the job for CEO came up, the club wanted Greg Healy ex-captain (CEO of Billabong, l think), he knocked it back because he couldn't do it now but then organized with CC, when all the players got together for a night with Glen Lovett( who lives and works in London) to set-up something that ex-players can do for the club. Gary Lyon is NOT a fence-sitter, he and Jim Stynes have been actively involved with the club lately, since ND was sacked anyway. Now Greg Healy, Anthony Ingerson and heaps of others are putting their hand up to do something about the club. Will everybody stop slagging off all these players and people who are trying to turn our beautiful, magnificent club around.

l wrote this on the Shwarz thread but l think it needs its own thread, Stop knocking people including David Schwarz and Gary Lyon,when the job for CEO came up, the club wanted Greg Healy ex-captain (CEO of Billabong, l think), he knocked it back because he couldn't do it now but then organized with CC, when all the players got together for a night with Glen Lovett( who lives and works in London) to set-up something that ex-players can do for the club. Gary Lyon is NOT a fence-sitter, he and Jim Stynes have been actively involved with the club lately, since ND was sacked anyway. Now Greg Healy, Anthony Ingerson and heaps of others are putting their hand up to do something about the club. Will everybody stop slagging off all these players and people who are trying to turn our beautiful, magnificent club around.

Well said. Some posters seem to believe that just because you have a media profile, you haven't got anything worthwhile to contribute. By having a profile, they are able to open doors that faceless board members are unable to do. And I'm not having a go at the current board members.

They (Garry and Ox) get paid to give their opinion. We give our opinions for free, I'm sure they can live with it.

Good on 'em for helping the club if they can, doesn't mean we all have to love everthing about them.

Will everybody stop slagging off all these players and people who are trying to turn our beautiful, magnificent club around.

People are entitled to their opinion but name calling people in the media on a public website says more about the author than the target.

By having a profile, they are able to open doors that faceless board members are unable to do.

How can you assume that? Do you know what these Board members are doing behind the scenes being "faceless"?

David Schwartz has enabled to shut quite a few doors over the years with his behaviour and misinformed swipes.

And Garry Lyon would be a good candidate for the Board. Why hasn't he accepted the invitations and the challenge to contribute MFC at a very important level. I have seen the sterling work of Mark Brayshaw with North. Why cant Garry Lyon do something like that? Achieves more than the articles in the media stating the bleeding obvious about MFC.

David Schwartz has enabled to shut quite a few doors over the years with his behaviour and misinformed swipes.

First of all it is spelt Schwarz.

Secondly, what exactly has this bloke done to deserve you criticising him at every opportunity?

First of all it is spelt Schwarz.

Secondly, what exactly has this bloke done to deserve you criticising him at every opportunity?

I have covered Schwarz with you in the past and gave you a clear account of where I see it with him. Dig it up. He has burnt alot of bridges in the past within football and I dont think comes across as the most media savvy operator in handling issues. I dont view him as a capable operator behind the scenes or as good a door opener as a McGuire or a Lyon.

If anything you should have issue its with those that want to brand him as a "tool" as a means of making an assessment of him. Unnecessary and uncharitable.

I have covered Schwarz with you in the past and gave you a clear account of where I see it with him.

I'm not so sure about that. Nothing has been clear. You have illuded to certain things in the past that I took major issue with, because in my opinion they were damaging and unfounded.

If anything you should have issue its with those that want to brand him as a "tool" as a means of making an assessment of him. Unnecessary and uncharitable.

I agree and do have an issue with those people.

I'm not so sure about that. Nothing has been clear. You have illuded to certain things in the past that I took major issue with, because in my opinion they were damaging and unfounded.

Your call on that. Any of my comments on Ox have all been consistent with statements that have been published in the press over the past 12 months or so regarding him. Dont be fooled Ox had alot of issues off field. Particularly during his playing days and soon after retired. From his own admission they have been damaging to him and he is dealing with them. Like I have said before he seems to be making steps toward addressing these matters. Good on him. That said I dont think he is a capable behind the scenes operator and is not media savvy.

BTW, the word is alluded. :)

And Garry Lyon would be a good candidate for the Board. Why hasn't he accepted the invitations and the challenge to contribute MFC at a very important level. I have seen the sterling work of Mark Brayshaw with North. Why cant Garry Lyon do something like that? Achieves more than the articles in the media stating the bleeding obvious about MFC.

Exactly. It's very rare that you hear Lyon promoting the club in a positive way. He mostly makes no comment, or discusses negative issues.

I would love if, for once, he actually showed some bias towards us and really stood up for the club in the media. As a journalist, he chooses not to do that, and the same goes for Ox. Being overly bias is silly and annoying, but a good word here and there wouldn't hurt.

We get attacked from every angle, and we get over it, but when the people who are meant to be on your side pick at your flaws, it really does hurt.

Exactly. It's very rare that you hear Lyon promoting the club in a positive way. He mostly makes no comment, or discusses negative issues.

I would love if, for once, he actually showed some bias towards us and really stood up for the club in the media. As a journalist, he chooses not to do that, and the same goes for Ox. Being overly bias is silly and annoying, but a good word here and there wouldn't hurt.

We get attacked from every angle, and we get over it, but when the people who are meant to be on your side pick at your flaws, it really does hurt.

IMO, that shows how much he cares about the club. He is a quiet admirer. He sits back and watches it succeed, but when it doesn't he lets the people know. Nothing wrong with that. It's better to critisise then gloat, and I hate it when a journalist is bias. There job is to be honest and truthful and give their true opinion. You could say he is being bias by mainly writing articles on Melbourne anyway. His job isn't to point out the good when he directly has nothing to do with it. If there is something good to say, then say it. If you can't note down the negetives then you'll never fix them. And what good exactly is there to point out? That we "could" have a good season? I mean, really, that's all he could say. Putting in a good word isn't going to fix anything. It's just going to show how blinded he is to the problems this club has, like many of you.

Guest unstable punt

l continually hear Garry Lyon say how much he loves the club and will do anything if they want him to, he has been asked by people down the club, namely the Chairman, and is now involved more, also Jimma is doing heaps as well. l have a feeling that a lot of the blokes are coming back now ND has gone, ND ran it his way and didn't like anyone around telling him what to do, he had reasonable success but not the ultimate. l'm glad he's gone and basically now McNamee is on board with all the other changes it is a different club. It is all looking up from here.

l continually hear Garry Lyon say how much he loves the club and will do anything if they want him to, he has been asked by people down the club, namely the Chairman, and is now involved more, also Jimma is doing heaps as well. l have a feeling that a lot of the blokes are coming back now ND has gone, ND ran it his way and didn't like anyone around telling him what to do, he had reasonable success but not the ultimate. l'm glad he's gone and basically now McNamee is on board with all the other changes it is a different club. It is all looking up from here.

Yep lets dwell on the positives:

New Football Department in place with good structure,

CEO with the chutzpah to pump up the staff, members & sponsors,

Former players coming back to the club.

A reinvigourated list with exciting young players

That will soon enough have access to cutting edge training facilities.

to quote myself here

I have just listened to the last 2 hours of SEN and can't believe the absolute crap that comes out of this guys mouth...we have people calling up saying we need more past player involvement and he says (referring to melbourne) "WE, actually not we, them"....is he embaressed to have played for melbourne?

he also said something along the lines of "steve harris has changed the logo, because they are trying to get into the chinese...i can't believe he is trying to use china as the backbone for their memberships"

THAT IS NOT THE ONLY REASON WE ARE TRYING TO DELVE INTO CHINA. We are trialing with an initiative that no other club has thought about delving into until now...we could find ourselves a couple of chinese players playing football like no one has before. We are thinking outside the box just like we did with Ireland...we dont get any credit fot that these days...we are finally realising that maybe there are players from other origins that could be great AFL footballers and China is the place we have chosen...have a look at this Natanui fijian guy, he could be an absolute champion.

and on the china matter, shwarta, we are trying to possibly sign up a couple of members that are new to the country from china, but we arent trying to get china as the bloody backbone of our membership, why would you say that?...i mean here is a guy talking down to the club that he once played for, i dont believe it.

when i said this about david schwarz in the other thread, i was complaining about stuff that he had said in the space of 20 seconds...things that [censored] me off, the side comment about garry lyon at the end of the thread was about me wishing that he would take on a bigger role than saying in the media everynow and then, "we are looking at ways to be involved in the club"....i agree, he loves the club, but i wish he would consider taking on a little responsability like joining the board because i trully agree he could do a good job...jaded has explained this well (above)

the other thread was not started to be a complete rant about ex players but i was in disbelief about the way david could talk down to the club

i think some ex players are doing a great job behind the scenes but there are not many ex players at melbourne that are really stepping up for the dees (as far as i can see) than other clubs

to quote myself here

when i said this about david schwarz in the other thread, i was complaining about stuff that he had said in the space of 20 seconds...

you also titled the thread "david schwartz (sic) is a tool," of course inferring that you meant much more than to complain about stuff he said in the space of 20 seconds

My take on it is they have the profiel to push us as a club to the people, they tend to use it to not plug us at all or in a negative light. We all know we are on the knifes edge but I'd like to hear them use the audience they have with the public to give positive comments about us.

It sh!ts me to see these opportunites wasted when they are comfortable to offer a negative veiw of us.

Ill slag off whoever I like

Ex-player or not

Until Garry Lyon goes down to the club to help in some capacity, instead of writing articles that serve no purpose, he will continue to be a tool

As for Schwarz... dont get me started