Adelaide Crows to target Aaron Davey in trade week

Yze_Magic

Well, according to Channel 10 news in Adelaide, the Crows are going to have a real dip at Aaron Davey during trade week

I can imagine Bailey would listen to the Crows because we could get a fair bit for him, but I doubt he would trade him

Also, Ken mcGregor wants out of Adelaide. I think he could be had for cheap, naybe even for nothing in the PSD, and could be a good pick up for us in the mould of Ingerson/Shanahan, which was very successful

I'd rather not trade Davey, given that his pace is an asset that is lacking in the side generally, and he's one forward who actually chases. He has some serious limitations that frustrate me though, such as the inability to lay an effective tackle courtesy of his 36kg frame, struggles mightily to take an overhead or contested mark, and he doesn't kick enough goals. I'd trade him for the right offer though.

As for McGregor, give the man a hair comb and move on. We already have his fortuitously non-identical twin running around in number 7. I realise he hasn't spent his enire career in the forwardline, but after 136 games and only 92 goals, he's shown a complete inability to have a serious impact on AFL football despite having a glorious midfield with the likes of Ricciuto, McLeod, Edwards and Thompson ramming the ball inside 50 for years. No thanks.

I can assure you that Melbourne would not be looking at trading Davey (just yet)

Give the young fella a strong pre-season and an injury free season and we shall see him at his best again in 2008....

Once he has consumed another year's worth of Tuna, Chicken and Rice he will be a dominant midfielder/goalsneak!

Adelaide have made it quite clear this week that they are looking for two types of player in trade week..... A tall, marking forward and a small crumbing forward....

Let them trade McGregor to us for Brad Miller! McGregor is actually quite a handy footballer, just hasn't been given much opportunity over his career so far at the Crows! Would slot in quite nicely in a defensive role....

They can keep Bode and stay the hell away from Davey!

Flash is a Demon!!!! :angry:

I would like McGregor in the Melb colours, he is a big man, we need a bit of size added to the team.

Where would McGregor fit in ???

With our tall forwards:

Neita

Juice

Bate

Dunn

Robbo(if he's still with us)

Miller(if he's still with us)

Dutchy(when playing forward)

I can only see McGregor playing for the Dees if we make some major list changes with our forward line which i can't see happening.

With our tall forwards:

Neita

Juice

Bate

Dunn

I can only see McGregor playing for the Dees if we make some major list changes with our forward line which i can't see happening.

centre half back

With our tall forwards:

Neita

Juice

Bate

Dunn

Forward or back where ever Bailey thinks best, but a big body up forward like Neitz is always handy.

its a disgusting how people actually want to trade davey! ffs he is our only small forward pocket and people want him traded for sum old used up guy!! we are in a rebuilding mode guys not taking us old washed up players!! im sick to death of it! davey like the rest of his teamates this year were poor year but its a learning curve for him, and being only 24 has another good 7 years ahead. Davey is a must keep!! give me some players on our list that wud take that crumbing role if we traded him... has people forgotten the kid that burst onto the scene running down players without making a noice, kicking those freakish goals from angles?? or for bleeding there heart out for this club. making us on the edge of our seats with excitement and thrlling dash of play??!!! get a grip people davey aint going nooowhere.. we made a mistake not drafting alwyn lets not make a mistake getting rid of Aaron!

I would like McGregor in the Melb colours, he is a big man, we need a bit of size added to the team.

Exactly and he kicks goals..

a rare lookin g bloke and like alot of Adelaide's make shift forwards he marks well, kicks strange but generally straight.

Would be a bargain for a lowish pick and he's only 26

Just cos I started this thread doesnt mean I want to trade Davey

I just want to make that clear

In fact, hed be possibly the last player I would want to leave the MFC

Davey's vision is as good or even better than TJ's. While not a long kick, I believe his field kicking is the most in the team. When he has the ball deep in the backline or just outside the forward 50 I am always confident it will be to the advantage of the team. He often creates opportunities and movement through the field of play that others haven't seen. His skills are freakish. You don't trade these guys. If he was four inches taller and 12 kgs heavier he would be up there with Judd (Yes, I know. "If my aunt had a ****, then she'd be my uncle".)

This year I have seen this new dimension to his game and had the team been going well it would have been more obvious. If he is allowed move movement up and down the ground next year he will be such a valuable asset. As he has gained stamina over the last year or two he has actually become a better allrounder. As as a small forward he is fantastic, but I believe he is wasted there. It restricts his opportunities to create movement and avenues to goal for the team. A role wing/flank which allowed him to drift deep into the back line or forward line would really utilize his brilliant skills and creativity. Trade him? Don't even think about it. he is a gem.

Absolutely not.

No way.

Hands off.

I'm being very optimistic here but I think with a new coach and potentially new staff in other roles, some of these players that have had 'so-so' seasons this year (ie. Davey) will respond well.

Hopefully they're just as excited as we are to have Bailey on board.

But seriously, Davey stays.