Another mark of year nomination

WonnaJurah

Yes Sylvias speky has been nominated for mark of the year

vote as brad green missed out last week to fraser

Unfortunately did little else except try and take another and spoil a goal

We can only carry one player like #24 in the side.

I think he's good but needs to be told by a firm coach - hopefully Voss - that it's a team game.

I don't care about mark/goal of the year, medals, etc.

3 flags in a row is what I want. Voss knows what it takes as did Barassi when he started coaching.

If we miss this opportunity to get a true champion - remember the leg injury he overcame - we are stuffed.

If we don't get Voss I will no longer encourage (some might say brainwash) my children about sticking with the Dees. They can choose a side that wants success and is prepared to take a small risk on a potential super coach.

Offer him 3 years minimum to give him a chance and plan long term. After all what's 3 more years after so much pain.

I don't care about mark/goal of the year, medals, etc.

winning winning winning............

why do people watch footy? to win?

NO ,coz they love the sport

u are the reason why there is so much violence in younger footy today........ promote winning and nothing else.

u are the reason why there is so much violence in younger footy today........ promote winning and nothing else.

thats ridiculous. i have a large involvement in junior sport, and have for a number of years, where i encourage winning all the time. winning doesnt take priority over kids enjoying themselves, but as the kids get older winning does become more important. winning and fun, are not mutually exclusive. have you ever coached a rep side? are they there to take it in turns and make sure everyone gets a kick? no they are there because people want to play at the best grade they can and win and be the best. the best kids get selected, because they give you the best chance of winning. the afl clubs draft the players they think are the best, to give them the best chance of winning.

if it wasnt about winning, the people who get picked to play would be the good guys, the ones who work hard and are everybodys mate. not the d#$%s who play afl footy most of the time. do you think ben cousins is a fantastic bloke who plays cause he likes having a kick with his mates? what about fraser gherig? jeff farmer? you pick the best footballers who are going to gice you the best chance of winning.

if you want a lovely kick to kick session where everyone gets a go, and you stand still and let the short guy jump over you so he can take a hanger too, go for it. down at the park. not at the mcg, not with the demons. the mfc is there to win premierships. success is how we are measured.

winning winning winning............

why do people watch footy? to win?

NO ,coz they love the sport

Dear god. They just keep coming.

Young kid talking to the cops " Well my team didn't win, so i stabbed 62 people to help me feel better!"

hAVE U BEEN TO A YOUNG FOOTY MATCH?

im not that old...... few years ago ... my team had to be locked in the change rooms after a match.... because the adults were brawling.

maybe they disagreed that it was a good game to watch and they couldnt decide who was the best player.... GET STUFFED- one team lost and ..

deny it all u want this is the reality of where footy and all sports are heading.

Deanox i understand where u are going..... but answer me this .... was footy invented so some guy could BEAT another guy... if u cant enjoy the game why follow it

my point is ..... if u cant enjoy a good mark or goal.... because u dont win.... is a pathedic excuse of a football fan. u may as welll become a punter..... win or lose, no highlights reel for u.

Deanox i understand where u are going..... but answer me this .... was footy invented so some guy could BEAT another guy...

out of interest football was "invented", as you put it, to keep cricketers fit in the winter. they could have easily just gone for a run together, but they specifically developed a competitive game, where the goal is to score more than the opposition.

fwiw cricket is also 'competitive', where there are winners and losers, so the cricketers were trying to keep fit so that they had more chance of winning.

if it wasn't about winning it would be about having fun, and there would be no winners. we would get there and have a kick to kick. it is about winning, and if you kid yourself otherwise its only because we havnt been.

i have been to games where there were fights, in fact i was threatened last year not to go to the car park after the game after the opposition coach disagreed with an umpiring decision i made. this coach is a d%%%head. he has obviously has a problem discussing an issue he had and cared more about winning that about being a reasonable human being. fighting at kids sport only proves that the people fighting are stupid, too stupid to realise that a contest is exactly that. it is about competing to see who is the best. only one side can be, and therin lies the glory of sport. we can all take some pleasure in watching a great team, and we can appreciate watching the way a skilled team beats our team, but the aim is still to win.

im not doubting the competivness of the game....

most will agree the aim of the game is to win.... but the primary function is to enjoy the contest....

now u can arugue to the cows come home......

and if u cant realise this u are no better than that guy u described as a "d$$$head"

but BB you are contradicting yourself. you say the aim is to win but the primary function is to enjoy the contest? yet you disagree with me?

the aim is to win without a doubt. you just agreed with that. at the proffessional level where millions of dollars (how much do you make? 40k? 60k? 250k? not millions i bet) a year is spent to try and win. people dont spend millions just for a bit of kick to kick. this is a business. and we are about winning. that is why ND is leaving, because winning is more important than keeping a great bloke in a job for longer. that is why good players and coaches get paid 500K, because we want the best to help us win. not so we can feel good about paying them lots.