Our players want Neale!!!

deesrock

The players are the last people who should be in control of who coaches a team, this happened at St.Kilda a couple of yars ago and it nearly did them in.

I thought the players supported Thomas who was sacked last year, after playing in the finals for the last three years.

The board appointed Lyon and look where they are at the moment, its the worst they have played in a long time.

The players have to respect and want to play for the coach, and the melbourne side does.

I thought the players supported Thomas who was sacked last year, after playing in the finals for the last three years.

The board appointed Lyon and look where they are at the moment, its the worst they have played in a long time.

The players have to respect and want to play for the coach, and the melbourne side does.

Don't see your logic. Melbourne beat St Kilda in the first final last year and are now two games and percentage below them.

How does your argument work? :unsure:

Don't see your logic. Melbourne beat St Kilda in the first final last year and are now two games and percentage below them.

How does your argument work? :unsure:

We lost 9 in a row because of early crippling injuries that then unbalanced the side completely. Look at Moloney who is now injured because of over work to compensate. We are in much better shape than st.kilda. Demons will win far more games than lose in the second half of season-That said i still believe every player is on notice, Perform or out-we must play tough

That's not what I was referring to, if you go back to the Stan Alves/Malcom Blight days you'll find the players had a big say in who was fired and hired as coach.

Look at St Kilda now clearly the players do not support the coach and their season is going as bad as ours and they havent had any way near as many injuries as us. Rash decision to fire Thomas has resulted in pain and that will be us if we lose the Rev

That's just plain wrong, St.Kilda are in this position because of injuries, much like us.

That's just plain wrong, St.Kilda are in this position because of injuries, much like us.

I disagree-yes st.kilda have had injuries but not the key position players that we lost. a forward line with gherig riewoldt and kosi should still be kicking goals. There is trouble at mill at st.kilda. my bro is heavily involved with coteries down there and he was shakin his head last night. that club is in trouble

I disagree-yes st.kilda have had injuries but not the key position players that we lost. a forward line with gherig riewoldt and kosi should still be kicking goals. There is trouble at mill at st.kilda. my bro is heavily involved with coteries down there and he was shakin his head last night. that club is in trouble

Spot on, It's the type of footy that the saints are playing that sucks, they arn't using the great fowards they have got.

On the Weekend Robbo Kicked 7 and the Saints kicked 8.

The club is in trouble but not because of the coach, the board is completely split in two and Butters is holding on by the skin of his teeth. Does anyone remember how we performed when we had problems with our board?

The club is in trouble but not because of the coach, the board is completely split in two and Butters is holding on by the skin of his teeth. Does anyone remember how we performed when we had problems with our board?

I think both are in trouble, would Lyon do a better job than Daniher, I doubt it.

I'll have a go. Why was Bruce played out of the goal square when the guy can't kick for goal to save himself?

Why wasn't Leon Davis tagged heavily at stop plays in their attacking 50?

Just two observations. I hate it when Danners goes and gets us all believing again. This has happened too many times. I think the bloke is one of the nicer coaches going around, probably the nicest one, which is one of his biggest flaws (as a coach, not as a person). As a team, we're too nice and have been throughout his tenure at the helm. The fact that we can get on big winning streaks is more an indication of the talent we have on our list than any masterful coaching by The Rev. The fact that they can't do it week in week out probably has a lot to do with the coach not being able to get the team to play consistently good football. We've probably seen a solid 4 quarter effort from the Demons once or twice a season for the past 10. That's not good enough unfortunately.

I think he needs to go at the end of this season.

agree. also have to add after ten years still struggle interstace bigtime. two or three wins in Sydney is not enough

That's right. For most of the season they have been without their two best key defenders - Hudghton and Maguire. I don't think they've had a first choice midfield all year either.

On top of that they have this ridiculous public spat between their current president and immediate ex-coach. Can't help matters.