Mick Malthouse "Demons Culture"

Mick’s a dinosaur whose views have little credibility in this day and age. However, he does have a few valid points in this article. After a couple of our top liners, it falls away really quickly. He’s also right about Steven May, too. His inability to admit fault also is running riot at the moment without Lever there. He just points and blames other defenders even though we’ve seen him give half arsed efforts when led to the ball, and only likes it when the ball comes in long. He’s no where near the player of the last few years and his attitude is the epitome of the group at the moment. No willingness to do the hard yards and quick to pass the buck.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

If you’re going to question my intelligence try not to misspell 2 out of your first 6 words but hey. 

The connection, which was quite clear, is that you were accusing others of not addressing Malthouse’s points and instead mocking him, and when someone else made another quite clear point about Malthouse making up stories to fit the facts you chose to mock them rather than address the point. Simples when you think about it. 

What part has Malthouse “made up” Malthouse is not writing this piece as a Journalist. He is a Past Premiership Player and Premiership Coach. 
Yes he sounds like Oscar the Grouch, but that doesn’t mean he is ignorant to what is going down. He has been in the Positions and prospered. 
does that mean he knows 100% what’s going on?

No it doesn’t. But he would have a fair idea. Pert was his CEO for a number of Seasons 

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Pert took a big Gamble talking to Garry, a Past Captain. I know why he did it, but it has backfired, potentially very badly. 
Pert was hoping to sort it all out internally, but the Footy Department has not been able to perform to the level. 
You must also remember that not all of the readers of Malthouse article know what is going on at MFC 

It’s a Western Australian readership. 

Garry was potted by many for not believing. He was concerned like many of us

Yer and Gaz was right on the money! We need a HUGE cleanout from the Pres to the coach! Faith totally lost

• Thinking 1
  • Vomit 1

7 hours ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Thanks Mick for rehashing all the greatest hits. Zero insight, just getting on the bandwagon.. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

What part has Malthouse “made up” Malthouse is not writing this piece as a Journalist. He is a Past Premiership Player and Premiership Coach. 
Yes he sounds like Oscar the Grouch, but that doesn’t mean he is ignorant to what is going down. He has been in the Positions and prospered. 
does that mean he knows 100% what’s going on?

No it doesn’t. But he would have a fair idea. Pert was his CEO for a number of Seasons 

See above. He’s added zero, just recycled and said here is why Melbourne is bad now and he’s pretending the signs were there all along despite picking us to finish 5th when all those same signs were apparently there. 

Convenient and on trend yes, insightful no. 

also “he’s not writing this as a journalist”? He’s paid to pump out columns and that’s what he’s doing, it’s not a charity gig. 

• Clap 2

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Yer and Gaz was right on the money! We need a HUGE cleanout from the Pres to the coach! Faith totally lost

If North rip us apart next week it will be the start of big change, imo. Might take a couple of years to implement 

There are kids waiting to play at Casey….

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

See above. He’s added zero, just recycled and said here is why Melbourne is bad now and he’s pretending the signs were there all along despite picking us to finish 5th when all those same signs were apparently there. 

Convenient and on trend yes, insightful no. 

also “he’s not writing this as a journalist”? He’s paid to pump out columns and that’s what he’s doing, it’s not a charity gig. 

I repeat. He is not a Journalist. He is writing as a Past Player and Coach.

Big Difference 

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, picket fence said:

So you dont rate Gaz's opinion,WCW?? Yeah right!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

and you don’t get it…

I do get it. There’s a lot of people on here scared that we’re falling back to the dark times of winning twice a year and racking up wooden spoons and they’re coping with that fear by getting in first and weeping and moaning about how it’s all falling apart so they can psychologically protect themselves if it does come true, and also pat themselves on the back and say they called it before anyone else, and called it harder than anyone else.

It’s fine, do what you need to do. But stop lapping up every half arsed article knocked out in their sleep by journos and ex-players and ex-coaches and whatnot as if it’s wisdom from the gods. We’re not playing well, no [censored]. We’ve got some issues off field, no [censored]. Good clubs work through those issues and tough times and make changes and get better. [censored] clubs panic and sack everyone and set the whole place on fire. We’ve previously been the latter, I think it’s time we were the former - but some on here want the flames cos then they don’t have to fear being disappointed.

• Like 6
  • Clap 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

and you don’t get it…

Another poster who doesn’t get it, huh? So far that’s at least two of us today. 

People who aren’t able to see someone else’s point of view will repeat themselves over and over again, then when they’re eventually called out on their stubbornness and unwillingness to listen, tend to play the ‘you don’t get it’ card. You do it all the time. You’re a bitter, vindictive know-it-all and it’s a shame your small band of cohorts are the ‘loudest’ on DL.

I will call you out on it Every. Single. Time. 

• Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

I do get it. There’s a lot of people on here scared that we’re falling back to the dark times of winning twice a year and racking up wooden spoons and they’re coping with that fear by getting in first and weeping and moaning about how it’s all falling apart so they can psychologically protect themselves if it does come true, and also pat themselves on the back and say they called it before anyone else, and called it harder than anyone else.

It’s fine, do what you need to do. But stop lapping up every half arsed article knocked out in their sleep by journos and ex-players and ex-coaches and whatnot as if it’s wisdom from the gods. We’re not playing well, no [censored]. We’ve got some issues off field, no [censored]. Good clubs work through those issues and tough times and make changes and get better. [censored] clubs panic and sack everyone and set the whole place on fire. We’ve previously been the latter, I think it’s time we were the former - but some on here want the flames cos then they don’t have to fear being disappointed.

It depends how long you allow a timeline to be. I am not disputing what you have said here. I question whether we are working through the problems in a cohesive way. They have been around for quite a while. 

4 minutes ago, picket fence said:

So you dont rate Gaz's opinion,WCW?? Yeah right!

No, I don’t. Am I not entitled to my opinion? Garry Lyon has looked upon us with disdain for a long time. I used to think he was trying to appear impartial, and unwittingly over-correcting. But now I think he’d sooner distance himself from us. IN MY VERY [censored] HUMBLE OPINION. 

7 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

We have gone out in straight sets last two years but everythings ok??

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

We have gone out in straight sets last two years but everythings ok??

Did he say everything’s ok??????

Show me where he said that!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

No, I don’t. Am I not entitled to my opinion? Garry Lyon has looked upon us with disdain for a long time. I used to think he was trying to appear impartial, and unwittingly over-correcting. But now I think he’d sooner distance himself from us. IN MY VERY [censored] HUMBLE OPINION. 

I rate Gazz opinion VERY HIGHLY. WCW. maybe you should invite him to a cheer squad banner making evening so that he can see and understand the intrinsic understandings of a true believer!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Another poster who doesn’t get it, huh? So far that’s at least two of us today. 

People who aren’t able to see someone else’s point of view will repeat themselves over and over again, then when they’re eventually called out on their stubbornness and unwillingness to listen, tend to play the ‘you don’t get it’ card. You do it all the time. You’re a bitter, vindictive know-it-all and it’s a shame your small band of cohorts are the ‘loudest’ on DL.

I will call you out on it Every. Single. Time. 

What have i said that you ACTUALLY disagree with?

You may not like it, but i don’t lie when i post.

Did you agree with Pert, when he told Garry on air “That the MFC Culture was the best he had ever seen in 40 years?”

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Mick’s a dinosaur whose views have little credibility in this day and age. However, he does have a few valid points in this article. After a couple of our top liners, it falls away really quickly. He’s also right about Steven May, too. His inability to admit fault also is running riot at the moment without Lever there. He just points and blames other defenders even though we’ve seen him give half arsed efforts when led to the ball, and only likes it when the ball comes in long. He’s no where near the player of the last few years and his attitude is the epitome of the group at the moment. No willingness to do the hard yards and quick to pass the buck.

Agree. I thought last Monday was one of May's worst games in a while and he has escaped a bit of scrutiny. If it wasn't his utterly limp effort on Hoskin-Elliott on the stroke of half time or the brilliant contested mark in the 3rd quarter which he proceeded to handball straight into Jack Crisp a metre away and cost us a goal then it was the pointing around and arguing with others. Quite often he was getting sucked up the ground too much as well, maybe by design in the absence of Lever but it often left 2v1 situations on for someone like Rivers or Howes to deal with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Thank you for that extremely well thought out and measured response to something that I did not write anywhere in that post

Never said u did NEVER just added to my narrative

Edited by picket fence

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

I rate Gazz opinion VERY HIGHLY. WCW. maybe you should invite him to a cheer squad banner making evening so that he can see and understand the intrinsic understandings of a true believer!!

Condescending much?