New look members area

Random thread I know haha

Anyone here sit on level two olympic stand? 
what do you think of the new lay out with the bar moved and media rooms put in?

Heard a few older people having a hard time getting up on the stools as there is no seats for them inside. Including my own grandmother who couldn’t get up on the stools. We tend to get there with a lot of time before the first bounce and because of the heat we didn’t want to head out to our seats straight away. I find it all strange

personally hate it.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

I have to say that this triggered me when i walked in yesterday. Looking out over the ground while lining up for a beer or having a chat with fellow Dees members has always been a highlight. First world problems having it taken away but at the same time just another slap in the face for the rusted on fans. The MCG attendant proudly directed me to the new bar with big screens overlooking the car park. [censored], i can go to my local for that experience and pay half as much for the privilege. Anyway, rant over, I haven't hit 50 yet so i can't afford more than one outburst a week as the kids will wrongly label me a Boomer.....

I feel sorry for the people that used to enjoy a drink late in the game standing by the window watching the game. 

Assume the media area is to replace the media area that used to be outdoors on level 4 above. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I feel sorry for the people that used to enjoy a drink late in the game standing by the window watching the game. 

Assume the media area is to replace the media area that used to be outdoors on level 4 above. 

Is it exclusively for Foxtel media? Another club premium member phoned in filthy with the arrangement saying he paid top dollar and sounded as though he wanted to view much of the game from behind glass.. 

I passed through the bar yesterday but have tended to use the Lindsay Hassett or Jack Ryder bars that I assume still have a view of the ground albeit mainly for early arrivals (who grab a seat).

• Like 1

Agree. I sit in N53 on that level and although it's nice to have a big screen to look at whilst you're in line for a drink the lack of a carpet give it the acoustics and feel of a large cafeteria. The new media area has blocked a great view of the ground when the weather is bad. 

• Like 2

Just now, M_9 said:

Is it exclusively for Foxtel media? Another club premium member phoned in filthy with the arrangement saying he paid top dollar and sounded as though he wanted to view much of the game from behind glass.. 

I passed through the bar yesterday but have tended to use the Lindsay Hassett or Jack Ryder bars that I assume still have a view of the ground albeit mainly for early arrivals (who grab a seat).

There are two separate media "boxes" situated up against the glass. Presumably one is for Channel 7 and one is for Fox. I guess we'll find out when the weather gets cooler and they are in use. They weren't being used yesterday.

The bar in the middle of the room has been removed and is now situated outside the premium members area near the stairs and the escalator in a "caged" off area manned by a member of staff presumably checking for premium membership credentials to only allow entry to those with access and not to let in the rabble. This area is totally separate and you can't view the game from there.

I only glanced in so I don't know if there are TVs set up with the game on. However if you are actually at the footy and choosing to watch on a wall mounted TV so you can wet the whistle away from the atmosphere of the match then you might need to question your life choices. No judgements though from me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Good post Dgirl ! 

It is a terrible set up and destroyed what was usually a good game day atmosphere.

We members/supporters have been [censored] around just to accommodate the media.

it’s so bad.
nothing like having a few drinks by the bar watching the boys come out for a warm up… the mcg lights booming through the windows whilst inside.
You feel trapped in there.
i found a chair I am assuming was for security but I took it to give to my grandmother who was really struggling to stand for long. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Demonland said:

This. Sad it’s gone.

I’m pretty sure either Thursday or Friday nights game was still up on level 4 for media… so strange 

• Like 1