GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

1 minute ago, praha said:

Goodwin is the equivalent of a downhill skiing coach. He needs all cylinders firing and the opposition to be spooked. We lose games the same way every bloody time and we play at this [censored] every [censored] year. We don't play to respect the opposition, we are so obsessed with *our* way and we just hope we'll find a breakthrough. Good coaches consistently know how to defend against it. The losses look the same every damn time.

The Goodwin gameplan has rendered us a diabolical [censored] heap when transitioning and connecting with the forwards.

His solution will be 'try harder'.

Even when we win it is bloody arduous to watch.

Thank [censored] I made it to Perth to see a winning GF because this era is over. Burgess, support coaches and the players themselves were the key drivers. Goodwin obviously played a role but he wasn't a catalyst.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Let’s not totally blame ANB for the loss, we can also blame Fritsch for that idiotic dangerous tackle.

Can throw Chandler's miss in the 3rd. Awful in the big moments 

• Like 1

Lol

I have no idea why I come on here during losses… the some of the negativity is so over the top. Incredible.

Putrid 1Q and 4Q though. But the 4Q is all about us pressing too high and fumbling/losing contests when we’re all goal side. To day the cats blew us away is to suggest it’s because they were so dynamic, it was all out positioning and skill in bad area.

Agree on ANB. Just grab the ball man.. so frustrating.

Shocker from Gawn 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

Melbourne 2021

Geelong 2022

Potentially Port 2023

All quick burst scoring with just sheer brute speed and perfection in the middle. Teams get spooked and you're behind before you even realise it's 10 goals difference.

We had our moment in 2021. The days of Richmond, Hawthorn, Brisbane type flags are over (for now).

Yep, and I think it gets lost but the Hawks and Tigers eras came off the back of heavily compromised drafts periods. This is what the AFL wants. 

1 minute ago, BW511 said:

There should be a lot of nervous blokes heading into the review. At least 6 who are horribly scared of body contact 

I’d love to see one game this year where we hit up targets instead of bombing it on heads.

Fritta and Kossie are not taking marks against this backline in the dry, no chance in the wet

If only we had a tall proven lead-up forward goal kicker to bring into the team.

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

THE HUNTER by The Oracle

Something struck me as I sat on the couch watching the tragedy of North Melbourne’s attempt to beat Collingwood unfold on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.    It was three quarter time, the scoreboard had the Pies on 12.7.79, a respectable 63.16% in terms of goal kicking ratio. Meanwhile, the Roos’ 18.2.110 was off the charts at 90.00% shooting accuracy. I was thinking at the same time of Melbourne’s final score only six days before, a woeful 6.15.51 or 28.57% against Collingwood’s 14.5.89

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

FROZEN by Whispering Jack

Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 509

PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 36

VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 415

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!