Post Match Discussion - Round 16

Demonland

Every single AFL player has brain fades, they are not a rarity, posters on here just like to think they are..it suits their post.......Clinton Young last weekend, if he was an MFC player, a public flogging would be being organised as we type

I get lamabasted because I have a contrary view, let me think...hypocrisy, if I am blocked and you don't read how do you know my posts are comedy or I am posting in this topic...gee...foot...gun? Any chance you actually add something to the topic

No, you get lambasted because you ignore everyone else and just go on your merry way. You moan about people not listening to you and that it's just 'your opinion', yet your flippant attitude shows that you don't take anyone else's views seriously.

Heck, on the previous page you said you are waiting for someone to name 20 worth delisting, which I had done a few pages prior to that. You don't listen and you don't try to, and when someone presents you with some facts you totally ignore and give an asinine response. The hole you are in is one you've dug for yourself - we haven't needed to help you.

The fact is our list is poor in many areas and needs to be fixed. FACT.

• Like 3

It bemuses me, the petty infighting on a footy internet site

We lose......Sack everyone

We win.......What great champions the players are and all will be 200 game players

Watched a few games on the weekend.....We are not the only team that makes mistakes.......Some very experienced players for the higher teams made some glaring errors....Ie...stuffed up kicks,handballs, fumbled

Saty has his opinions, others don't agree..........but posters get into name calling and insults which really is a bit silly because what does it really matter.

It's a mine is bigger than yours thing.

We all have opinion.....we all have our favourite players and the ones we think are not up to it........But to belittle another poster because you don't like what he said is childish and petulant.

Sorry.......Rant over

I am sorry Bossdog but I have read what wyl, bb, and a few others have said - and they are querying the state of the list.

Their opinion.

S-home is chasing them around harassing them with false equivalencies and inaccurate interpretations of what they are talking about. For example; the 20 players who won't take us forward that s-home slammed as a desire to delist that many in a few months time.

I have seen and read enough from s-home to know that what he decries about this forum - he has become.

This is a site full of opinion - some bad, some terrible, and some olisik - but bringing more self-righteous indignation and abuse on those opinions isn't helpful.

I am joining Binman in his Ignore Preferences.

Every single AFL player has brain fades, they are not a rarity, posters on here just like to think they are..it suits their post.......Clinton Young last weekend, if he was an MFC player, a public flogging would be being organised as we type

I'm pretty sure it is being organised as we speak over at Pieland.

• Like 1

I am sorry Bossdog but I have read what wyl, bb, and a few others have said - and they are querying the state of the list.

Their opinion.

S-home is chasing them around harassing them with false equivalencies and inaccurate interpretations of what they are talking about. For example; the 20 players who won't take us forward that s-home slammed as a desire to delist that many in a few months time.

I have seen and read enough from s-home to know that what he decries about this forum - he has become.

This is a site full of opinion - some bad, some terrible, and some olisik - but bringing more self-righteous indignation and abuse on those opinions isn't helpful.

I am joining Binman in his Ignore Preferences.

Thank you for your critique, I am attempting to take it on board, similar to Binman, you probably won't be able to read this anyway, hopefully the news will reach you by another means, as I can keep saying, you all say everybody is entitled to their opinion....as long as it agrees with yours that is

No, you get lambasted because you ignore everyone else and just go on your merry way. You moan about people not listening to you and that it's just 'your opinion', yet your flippant attitude shows that you don't take anyone else's views seriously.

Heck, on the previous page you said you are waiting for someone to name 20 worth delisting, which I had done a few pages prior to that. You don't listen and you don't try to, and when someone presents you with some facts you totally ignore and give an asinine response. The hole you are in is one you've dug for yourself - we haven't needed to help you.

The fact is our list is poor in many areas and needs to be fixed. FACT.

You didn't name 20, you named quite a few and I answered which you then didn't

I don't ignore, asinine, rather rude that isn't it, only unintelligent because you don't agree?

I don't have to or try to listen, I have my own opinion, on everything in fact

I keep saying this board is full of opinions of players that in the long term have proved to be incorrect

Some pure troll comedy gold in this thread from Satyriconhome - a poster i have blocked but cannot help but still see given surely he is the most frequently quoted person on DL.

The reason i blocked him? Well there was a few but the clincher was his troll behavior and blatant hypocrisy in the thread where seemingly straight faced lauded the overly critical and belittling public comments of Welsh and lambasted posters who had a contrary view.

Compare and contrast that position with the one he is taking in this thread in which he once again is the righteous defender of the maligned demon player nee spuds that DL posters have the temerity to criticise on a fan discussion forum. Gold

#don't feed trolls

I actually find him pretty amusing and read his posts for comic relief (and that isn't an insult, it's reality!). As Keating said of Alexander Downer, he is the 'salmon that jumps on the hook for you'. Bring up his favorite topic (himself) or his second favorite (MFC players and staff) and you are guaranteed to get a post loaded with vitriol laced musings that someone who sounds kind of smart but really isn't would say.

He really is turning into a Will Ferrell character come to life (Ferrell has always said that he plays his characters with a sense of misplaced confidence and authority that the character in no way deserves).

I say buckle yourself in and join in Binman. It's a hell of an amusing toboggan ride!

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

You didn't name 20, you named quite a few and I answered which you then didn't

I don't ignore, asinine, rather rude that isn't it, only unintelligent because you don't agree?

I don't have to or try to listen, I have my own opinion, on everything in fact

I keep saying this board is full of opinions of players that in the long term have proved to be incorrect

Your 'reply' totally and utterly missed the point - you tried to argue for Byrnes by saying he is a 2 time premiership player. So what? The bloke is long past it now. Do we get Jason Dunstall on the list and, even when he isn't getting a game, you say he stays on the list because he is a premiership player?

Or this fascination with saying mentioning Spencer getting a 2 year deal - that's not the point at all. Numerous posters have made the comment that certain players WILL NOT TAKE US FORWARD AS A CLUB. This is regardless of contract situation, it's simply that they will have no impact on where the club wants to go.

This board is also full of more opinions on players that were correct. Of course we get a few wrong but many of the players mentioned right now have had chance after chance after chance... and fluffed it. The sooner you realise how poor our list is the better off you'll be.

Oh, and if people are blocking you Saty I'd take a good hard look at myself. Everyone can handle an opinion, but it's how you deliver it that counts, and you do that very, very poorly.

• Like 2

Maybe we should change the home bit to house?

Your 'reply' totally and utterly missed the point - you tried to argue for Byrnes by saying he is a 2 time premiership player. So what? The bloke is long past it now. Do we get Jason Dunstall on the list and, even when he isn't getting a game, you say he stays on the list because he is a premiership player?

Or this fascination with saying mentioning Spencer getting a 2 year deal - that's not the point at all. Numerous posters have made the comment that certain players WILL NOT TAKE US FORWARD AS A CLUB. This is regardless of contract situation, it's simply that they will have no impact on where the club wants to go.

This board is also full of more opinions on players that were correct. Of course we get a few wrong but many of the players mentioned right now have had chance after chance after chance... and fluffed it. The sooner you realise how poor our list is the better off you'll be.

Oh, and if people are blocking you Saty I'd take a good hard look at myself. Everyone can handle an opinion, but it's how you deliver it that counts, and you do that very, very poorly.

Byrnes is a two time premiership player, so he is AFL standard, he has the medals, do you?............not was....in your opinion he is past it, so it must be right, is that correct.......numerous posters comment that certain players will not take us forward as a club, how do they know, are these the same posters who declared Gysberts a champion in the making, if you go back I think you will find some are

Get a few wrong, that is laughable, Pedersen and Dunn spring to mind straightway, there is a small novel on Lynden Dunn on here and what a spud he was/is

Gee, let me think, does Demonland mean that much to me in my life that I will be shattered if I am blocked by a couple of keyboard heroes......er no...it's a footy forum where you can come for a bit of entertainment now and again.....not much to do in work today, so yippee away we go

I will now go away and do a Bart Simpson, and on the whiteboard in my workspace " our list is nothing but duds, Demonland told me so"

Gee, let me think, does Demonland mean that much to me in my life that I will be shattered if I am blocked by a couple of keyboard heroes......er no...it's a footy forum where you can come for a bit of entertainment now and again.....not much to do in work today, so yippee away we go

The bit I find most amusing is that you come on here to repeatedly and in no uncertain terms tell us how worthless and uninformed our opinions are but come you do. Got something missing from your life have you Saty?

The bit I find most amusing is that you come on here to repeatedly and in no uncertain terms tell us how worthless and uninformed our opinions are but come you do. Got something missing from your life have you Saty?

No it's entertainment when I am bored at work, some of the comments on players, makes me wonder if some posters when at the G know to face the green bit!

Edited by Satyriconhome

No it's entertainment when I am bored at work, some of the comments on players, makes me wonder if some posters when at the G know to face the green bit!

But the majority of posters' sentiment (which you seem unable to handle) is that many of the players just aren't good enough, which seems to be reflected in the results and match reports/interviews of both Brett Allison and Paul Roos :wacko: .

• Like 1

Byrnes is a two time premiership player, so he is AFL standard, he has the medals, do you?............not was....in your opinion he is past it, so it must be right, is that correct.......numerous posters comment that certain players will not take us forward as a club, how do they know, are these the same posters who declared Gysberts a champion in the making, if you go back I think you will find some are

Get a few wrong, that is laughable, Pedersen and Dunn spring to mind straightway, there is a small novel on Lynden Dunn on here and what a spud he was/is

I will now go away and do a Bart Simpson, and on the whiteboard in my workspace " our list is nothing but duds, Demonland told me so"

What world do you live in Saty? Seriously? Because he is a premiership player does not mean he is AFL standard NOW. Ron Barassi won a few flags, does that make him AFL standard now? Your arguments are not even arguments, they are figments of your imagination.

Pedersen and Dunn are a 'few wrong'. You could also put Jetta in that bunch. That's 3. That does not set a precedent for the rest of the list.

And yes, Demonland does mean a lot to you because you love to tell the players all about it and then run back here to tell us about the discussions you've had and the personal questions you ask the players. You love that attention, so don't try and tell us this place means so little to you. You aren't fooling anybody.

• Like 2

What world do you live in Saty? Seriously? Because he is a premiership player does not mean he is AFL standard NOW. Ron Barassi won a few flags, does that make him AFL standard now? Your arguments are not even arguments, they are figments of your imagination.

Pedersen and Dunn are a 'few wrong'. You could also put Jetta in that bunch. That's 3. That does not set a precedent for the rest of the list.

And yes, Demonland does mean a lot to you because you love to tell the players all about it and then run back here to tell us about the discussions you've had and the personal questions you ask the players. You love that attention, so don't try and tell us this place means so little to you. You aren't fooling anybody.

And even though they may be performing well now doesn't mean people were wrong to be potting them when they were genuinely struggling, which all three were at some point or another.

I wonder why they never stray away from the company line when they talk to him? It's either because they know that their statements will be relayed back here verbatim or Saty isn't shooting straight dice about what they really say.

I wonder why they never stray away from the company line when they talk to him? It's either because they know that their statements will be relayed back here verbatim or Saty isn't shooting straight dice about what they really say.

No chap, the training reports I take seriously on here and report back verbatim for the benefit of the interstaters and overseas, I get on really well with most of the players, I don't get the company line a lot of the times, but if it is a bit off centre I will ask if it is ok to repeat, hence the full reply I got from Nev about the start of the Nth game

But some of the posts after a defeat I find too much of a target to resist, I mean in another topic a poster has suggested that Dom Barry probably won't make it, after 2 games as a sub and a season and a bit of development....sheesh, no idea whatsoever

I can live with posters supposedly having me on ignore, strange that they come charging in afterwards, well perhaps not

No chap, the training reports I take seriously on here and report back verbatim for the benefit of the interstaters and overseas, I get on really well with most of the players, I don't get the company line a lot of the times, but if it is a bit off centre I will ask if it is ok to repeat, hence the full reply I got from Nev about the start of the Nth game

But some of the posts after a defeat I find too much of a target to resist, I mean in another topic a poster has suggested that Dom Barry probably won't make it, after 2 games as a sub and a season and a bit of development....sheesh, no idea whatsoever

I can live with posters supposedly having me on ignore, strange that they come charging in afterwards, well perhaps not

You are such a liar and a twister of words. That person did not say Barry wouldn't make it, he was hopeful that Barry would get the opportunity to tag Motlop and show that he has the capacity to make it as a footballer rather than be a sub. He isn't the person with no idea whatsoever, you need to take a look in your own backyard.

I like reading Saty's reports and although it can slightly irk me, I dont mind if he is thought of as a Demonland respresentative. I am happily part of that.

Stick with it Saty.

• Like 3

You are such a liar and a twister of words. That person did not say Barry wouldn't make it, he was hopeful that Barry would get the opportunity to tag Motlop and show that he has the capacity to make it as a footballer rather than be a sub. He isn't the person with no idea whatsoever, you need to take a look in your own backyard.

No he put "so that Barry can actually start and tag Motlop and we can all decide whether he has any chance of ever being up to this level, which I seriously doubt", so I suggest you retract 'the liar' bit. God I hate school holidays

Edited by Satyriconhome

Days of our Lives WB

It is quite humorous. I take all the training reports with a grain of salt myself.

That makes two of us WYL!

Despite Saty's trolling on matters like these, I really do appreciate his training reports and I don't believe he has much to gain by warping the truth around training and what players might be saying or doing. They usually align with the reports of other posters anyway.

Terrible game for us but at least i am angry at losing again... last year i lost all feeling towards a 10 goal loss, now i feel an anger and, IMO, you can see the players hurting as well.

We have 2 more 'winnable' games in Brisbane & GWS but for the rest i would like to see us compete like we have done against the power and swans.

If we win 5 or 6 games for the years its a great improvement on where we have come from.

If you said to me at the start of the season that we would be breaking even in disposals (contested & uncontested) per game (-6.6), an effective disposal % of 73.4 and improving our I50 count by +10 over last year (still -11 vs opponent) i would have probably put a $50 on it to say you were wrong. But yet here we are at R16 with those numbers, a clear game plan which will act as the base plan on which to build on and a glimmer of hope with the team progressively improving.

It may not be the Port Adelaide turn around we all wanted but its a turn around.

Finally, I feel good when I go to the footy knowing that my team is gonna have a dip, this weekend when i head to the G to watch us against the cats i will go with the belief that if we can keep the score low we have a sniff. Its a good feeling to have back again

.Yep lose those 2 and we tank to the bottom again