Over to you Peter Jackson - Supporters are Broken

Soidee

have a look around the "G" next time your there.... Im not sure what your idea of sticking fat is.... But an empty stadium isn't mine....

I know the loses have hit you hard.... You might have to dig deep and ride it out... We need a strong community of support... A super hero isn't going to save us(PJ)....

PJ is not a super hero mate , but he knows how to structure up a business the same way Schwab doesn't.

Don't blame the supporters for the culture, that only gives the CLUB another excuse.

It is up to the football club to put on the game, to make the people come.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1

have a look around the "G" next time your there.... Im not sure what your idea of sticking fat is.... But an empty stadium isn't mine....

I know the loses have hit you hard.... You might have to dig deep and ride it out... We need a strong community of support... A super hero isn't going to save us(PJ)....

He hasn't been since round 2, the guy posts 50 times a day but he won't attend the games.

He hasn't been since round 2, the guy posts 50 times a day but he won't attend the games.

i told you before. When the team decide to play football to AFL standard i will go.

It's called value for money. I am not a lemming for crap.

• Like 1

i told you before. When the team decide to play football to AFL standard i will go.

It's called value for money. I am not a lemming for crap.

WYL, can't the same apply for Demonland? The team doesn't show any passion so you don't?

Imagine the amount of internet traffic that would be saved...

• Like 1

WYL, can't the same apply for Demonland? The team doesn't show any passion so you don't?

Imagine the amount of internet traffic that would be saved...

humour...No i want the club to harden up rather than cry and run away.

humour...No i want the club to harden up rather than cry and run away.

But your crying and running away by not attending games.

But your crying and running away by not attending games.

i aint crying. It costs me nearly $100 to get to the Football and back including lunch and a few beers.

I will spend that money happily when the team give a dam.

This team is cooked for many reasons.

Edited by why you little

its going to take more than one or two people to change this club.... We don't need super heroes.... We ALL need a different mind set.... It starts with us, the members and supporters.... If we want change, then we have to change.... PJ can't do it for us...

Tatu Tatu Tatu.....I have supported this club for 40 years and tossed in some cash but it is not my job to run out on the field and play with passion. FFS mate our list is pitiful and it is about time supporters chucked the football book at the lot of them.

They look and appear to be an uncoachable bloody team....they deserve stuff all from us.

• Like 1

Some interesting stuff from Peter Jackson who spoke at the NSW Demons Brunch yesterday morning...

1. The AFL is only giving us 1.5 million to help pay out contracts etc and is NOT conditional on anything. He said the media beats up the story big time and Andrew Demetriou only says what he does so the other clubs don't crack the shits. He said the AFL wanted to make sure the board makeup was right so we could move forward. That is all.

2. Jackson was asked about past players etc like James McDonald and others who were let go in unsavoury circumstances. Jackson said that on Friday he went to James house and had a few beers with him and let him know that he is welcome back anytime. He admitted its a long road to get over his hurt but hopefully he can see the light in the future.

3. Peter spoke passionately about getting the playing side of things right first and this helps the income coming in. Nothing new here obviously but he kept reinforcing how quickly things can change and cited Geelong as an example from years ago when they were completely stuffed and broke and now they are an AFL role model.

• Like 5

At the risk of being howled down, didn't most of us think this would be the way it went? Our last 4 games have been poor and the club is in the middle of significant change. We were insipid but the sky is not falling in.

I too am a little bemused. Did it take losing to GWS for supporters to suddenly realise our parlous position ?

That said, Paul Roos wrote a lightweight article that I largely agreed with stating that things can turn quicker than people think if some astute trading, developing and implementing, i.e. game-plan/tactics is done during the off season.

That didn't change with a loss to GWS and it wouldn't have changed with a win.

• Like 4

The footy dept would not be a very happy workplace at the moment

Jackson has told them their development and recruitment stink and there will be wholesale changes in staff

They are dead men walking and their minds would be elsewhere

Understandably this would rub off on the players and not be very conducive to their confidence and team spirit

Will probably get worse until the season ends

I hope management (Jackson) realise this and take steps to minimise the rot

I once worked for a large company that pre-announced a 20% retrenchment 4 months in advance (no-one named)

There was not much work done in those 4 months and morale plummeted

Nail. Head.

And you can add that the coach publicly stated that the opposition, who haven't won a game, were rightly favourites. I knew we were cooked with that mentality. A mistake from Craig.

• Like 2

The footy dept would not be a very happy workplace at the moment

Jackson has told them their development and recruitment stink and there will be wholesale changes in staff

They are dead men walking and their minds would be elsewhere

Understandably this would rub off on the players and not be very conducive to their confidence and team spirit

Will probably get worse until the season ends

I hope management (Jackson) realise this and take steps to minimise the rot

I once worked for a large company that pre-announced a 20% retrenchment 4 months in advance (no-one named)

There was not much work done in those 4 months and morale plummeted

I was told recently by "good source" that according to Brett Ratten working at Hawthorn is vastly different to working at Carlton.

At Carlton he was constantly looking over his shoulder, people were unhappy and insecure. At Hawthorn people are given long-service awards/recognition (common is most businesses) but Ratten had never even heard of this!

A winning team is a happy team, but you can't have one without the other.

• Like 1

Looking at Saint Mick's results with the Blues, it's fair to say Ratten was a little unlucky to be removed. Did far better than Malthouse. and make no mistake, MM was brought to Carlton for instant success. They're revising history a little there. Is Ratten in the mix here?

• Like 1

I think this is beyond any one person to fix up. The club now has to communicate with its members/supporters much better in order to keep everyone updated on what they are doing to fix up this total train wreck. If the club does not do this in the right manner then it will take a small miracle to get people signed up for 2014.

As for this list of highly paid, highly trained and highly pampered young men, they have taken this famous club to its knees and do not deserve the respect of the supporter base.

I watch teams like North Melbourne and many others who at least give their heart and soul to supporters. The MFC list are the complete opposite.

Once there were MFC warriors, at least I have those memories to hold onto.

Oh well another loss but on the bright side one less game to play in 2013.

The MFC will need time to improve its players list and with people who actually know what they are doing in charge, the future should be much brighter.

I was told recently by "good source" that according to Brett Ratten working at Hawthorn is vastly different to working at Carlton.

At Carlton he was constantly looking over his shoulder, people were unhappy and insecure. At Hawthorn people are given long-service awards/recognition (common is most businesses) but Ratten had never even heard of this!

A winning team is a happy team, but you can't have one without the other.

They apparently also love their club and play to win

• Like 2

You can't be serious??