The board should go over Schwab alone

Careful or that evil Darth Cam will come for you!

darth-vader-s-force-choke-o.gif

Honestly Stuie, you may think your pathetic gifs are witty, but they just make you appear to be childish and a bully. In the absence of discussion you belittle with this rubbish. Come on, man, you can do better. Or can you?

Edited by Moonshadow

Honestly Stuie, you may think your pathetic gifs are witty, but they just make you appear to be childish and a bully. In the absence of discussion you belittle with this rubbish. Come on, man, you can do better. Or can you?

Shhhhhh... You have to be nice, or the evil Schwabby Claus will come for you!

tumblr_lvnlrxFb711qav174o1_500.gif

I've been following the Demons since 1961 and I rate CS very highly, may have been the best CEO we have had. There seems to be a notion around here that he was a bit shonky. Some of the most successful CEO's in this time frame have been a bit shonky. I don't know if he was or wasn't... like all of you! What I do know is that he was a charming host of various forums I attended, he was passionate about lifting the Demons out of the mire and he was intelligent (a commodity that many of his detractors lack). I like all of the changes he instigated and I thank him for what he tried to do for the club. Until I hear evidence to the contrary, I will respect him as a driving force in a cut-throat competition who had a vision and pursued it vigorously. If some of the players didn't approve of his involvement in their concerns, let them illustrate how they can put us back on the map now that he has been evicted!

Amazing post, the guy has screwed the club twice.

I don't know if he was shonky or not, what I do know is that he wasn't very good at his job. Look at the state of the club if you want evidence, the clubs business is football and we are not a very good football side if you haven't noticed. In fact we are in total disarray.

• Like 3

I've been following the Demons since 1961 and I rate CS very highly, may have been the best CEO we have had. There seems to be a notion around here that he was a bit shonky. Some of the most successful CEO's in this time frame have been a bit shonky. I don't know if he was or wasn't... like all of you! What I do know is that he was a charming host of various forums I attended, he was passionate about lifting the Demons out of the mire and he was intelligent (a commodity that many of his detractors lack). I like all of the changes he instigated and I thank him for what he tried to do for the club. Until I hear evidence to the contrary, I will respect him as a driving force in a cut-throat competition who had a vision and pursued it vigorously. If some of the players didn't approve of his involvement in their concerns, let them illustrate how they can put us back on the map now that he has been evicted!

Is this tongue in cheek??

rjay... if it were only that simple! One man sins, one man is guilty, one man is held accountable, one man cops all the blame! There may have been a breakdown across many in office at the time. I don't know. What I am saying is that until I hear concrete evidence, I am not going to blame one man! I haven't heard any substantial facts about what CS has allegedly done to cause the Club to spiral ever downward, and I read the daily papers daily and visit this forum several times daily. All I hear is hearsay. If you can enlighten me, go ahead... (insert Clint Eastwood quote here).

rjay... if it were only that simple! One man sins, one man is guilty, one man is held accountable, one man cops all the blame! There may have been a breakdown across many in office at the time. I don't know. What I am saying is that until I hear concrete evidence, I am not going to blame one man! I haven't heard any substantial facts about what CS has allegedly done to cause the Club to spiral ever downward, and I read the daily papers daily and visit this forum several times daily. All I hear is hearsay. If you can enlighten me, go ahead... (insert Clint Eastwood quote here).

When you are the CEO then yes you are that one man, it happened on his watch. If that's not concrete evidence enough then you are not paying attention.

When you are the CEO then yes you are that one man, it happened on his watch. If that's not concrete evidence enough then you are not paying attention.

That scheming evil Monty Schwab and his dastardly ways....

tumblr_ll5f91lGl11qh59n0o1_r1_500.gif

• Like 1

the core business of a football club has to be playing football.

Every organisation needs to have its administration, but in the long run a successful organisation will have its administration serving the organisation's core business - not growing independently, as an end in itself, and with its profile and importance increasingly detached from the core business. Bureaucrats are leeches crippling the function of whatever they colonise for their own careers - our society is riddled through with it. But good administrators prioritise the needs of the core business.

Post 186, as always, it was the players who would transact the club's core business. I condemn the Board for its post-186 failure to find ways to make things right for the players. I condemn the Board for allowing Neeld to get away with blaming the players after last weekend's game (yes, they played badly - but their playing well is what the coach is employed for; what else does he think he is being paid for - to "implement his plans"?!). I condemn the Board for allowing Neeld to come in post-186 and apply iron discipline and the axe to underperforming players - blaming the players from the outset. Bureaucratic responses! The players are our only resource in our core business. I condemn the Board for its failure to keep MacDonald, Green, Rivers, Moloney (who I didn't like), Martin, and even Wonamirri (?) and Jurrah, who all had needs we failed to meet (to our cost), and for not ensuring our players were properly developed to their potential. I condemn the Board for allowing Schwab to prevail against the coach and the players, while our on-field performances went from bad to worse. What I condemn today is the failure of the Board to recognise that everything will go down the pan if we can't put the players' performance up front and centre and get them firing, and bend every bit of administrative personnel and role to the sole end of facilitating the players' improved performance.

The players are all we have. No-one else at the club plays football.

So, I am pleased with the apparent remit Jackson has been given, but until it is producing effects on the field it has yet to show it is any more than just more self-serving bureaucratic furniture-arranging in an administration that lost the plot years ago. If Jackson's remit is not in terms of shifting whatever is needed explicitly for the purpose of getting players performing better, it is just more window-dressing, more self-absorption, more of the Board fiddling while the club burns.

Edited by robbiefrom13
  • Like 2

That scheming evil Monty Schwab and his dastardly ways....

tumblr_ll5f91lGl11qh59n0o1_r1_500.gif

'Stuie', just admit you were wrong with Schwab and be done with it.

...by the way you know the players at Essendon called Jackson 'Monty'.

'Stuie', just admit you were wrong with Schwab and be done with it.

...by the way you know the players at Essendon called Jackson 'Monty'.

Didn't you know 'rjay', Schwabby's greatest trick was convincing the world he doesn't exist...

tumblr_ma2ozgDTjM1rf2jmdo1_400.gif

I'm happy for people to vent, and it's clear Schwab needed to go, but watching him being turned into this mythical evil monster who tried to destroy us is just plain ridiculous.

Oh wait, here he comes now! Look ouuuuuuuuuuut!!! Schwabzilla!!

Godzilla.gif

Edited by stuie
  • Like 2

Do it inside your head. CS is probably relaxing in vegas for all we know.

But in Melbourne the horror movie is in full swing

Actually he is in Vegas, staying at The Sands I believe, here's a live shot....

Oh wait.... No Schwabby no!!!

sangdsim.gif

Oh no he struck again!

Amazing post, the guy has screwed the club twice.

I

I think you're referring to salary cap matters as the first screwing. Your history is lacking RJ.

The CEO who instituted the salary cap breaches was none other than old 29, Hassa Mann, who was Schwab's predecessor in his first incarnation.

Mann was following standard practice at the time, Schwab's role became one of closing out deals as they expired but intervention for reasons not entirely clear, by Joe Gutnick saw CS holding the bag.

I think you're referring to salary cap matters as the first screwing. Your history is lacking RJ.

The CEO who instituted the salary cap breaches was none other than old 29, Hassa Mann, who was Schwab's predecessor in his first incarnation.

Mann was following standard practice at the time, Schwab's role became one of closing out deals as they expired but intervention for reasons not entirely clear, by Joe Gutnick saw CS holding the bag.

Hiding the bag.