POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Well it would be hard to get any worse, so I guess you're right.

We were dreadful today and even when we did go forward and even when we did kick a goal or two, it was all scramble and persistence. There seems to be no flow or cohesion we are so poorly skilled I wonder just how these guys ever made it to draft camp let alone an AFL list.

it could get worse , we couldve gone down the track of picking a populist coach who would have got us more wins .and eventually left us with no structure.

your right our disposal is krap and its the next preseason job to work on.

but the magic words you used are scramble and persistance. which we have been devoid of in recent years

there seems to be more working towards a team plan as the year unfolds and there are patches of play that i find very positive

its slowly starting to come together and wins will follow next season for sure

the positives seem to be getting more each week and thats gotta be good for a change

• Like 2

Nicholson being second for disposals at half time says all it needs to. When he'sour go-to man from defence, somethingis horribly wrong.

Send Strauss back to Casey. If he is to be a defender, he needs to learn to defend.

And only at Melbourne would someone star at halfback one week, then next game be the go-to tagger.

• Like 1

ABC RADIO Carlton criticised for only beating Melbourne by 10 goals. Melbourne came up trumps with one stat. Free kicks for. They say Melbourne are totally lost and don't we all know it.

Everyone told that they have to contest so five Melbourne players jump on the ball and a Carlton player rums away with it.

Maloney, Petterd and Rivers leave and rubbish recruits come in. Neeld say's Melbourne are two years behind Kangaroos. How old will David Rodan be in two years and what was Neeld's thinking?

Was clear for all to see the way Melbourne played v Brisbane last year round one.

Sylvia is te only significant power player we have ATM and still some in this forum stick it into him.

Would be happy to see Neeld sacked after the Gold Coast match and a new dual Captain appointed immediately to replace Jack Trengove.

With all that off my chest what's Panozza like? Realise he's not on the list but in Casey best players most weeks and still only 25.

Would like to a minimum of changes if possible.

Kent stays, loved his confidence to run with the footy. McDonald gets his last chance. Need him to go with Dixon but the clangers must go. Jack T.....I just don't know.

Magner for Grimes.

Jetta for Nicho / McKenzie.

Rest of the guys at Casey (Toump, Blease, Fitz, Tynan) can keep stringing games together before being promoted.

I thought our defense through the midfield was better, but still not acceptable. As the game went on Carlton were able to easily kick the ball out and transition forward through the 'fat' side. However there were good examples of MFC stopping their flow in its tracks.

Apart from Garland and Frawls our defenders were hopelessly outclassed and Waite less us off the hook (although we weren't exactly accurate ourselves).

The game could have been much different if Jones' kick had gone through for a goal, reducing the lead to 17 points (IIRC).

Our clearance work was good. People who rubbish Dunn can get rooted, I'd take him in the team any day over guys like Blease/Bail/McKenzie who are 'cameo' midfielders and contribute to our woeful statistic discrepancies. Of all our midfielders on our entire list, I can only remember Jones ever getting thirty touches. How scary is that.

Actually looking forward to next week now. Very tiny steps forward. Remedial football, go Dees.

Something that bugs me is our using the boundary gameplan. We kick to a contested marking contest and if we don't turn it over we play for a throw in or ball up. We our terrible at clearances! We play into the oppositions hands by creating stoppages. The gameplan might be good but we don't have the cattle for it. We can run and carry we all know it but we are smothering our best runners with stoppage play.

• Like 1

Something that bugs me is our using the boundary gameplan. We kick to a contested marking contest and if we don't turn it over we play for a throw in or ball up. We our terrible at clearances! We play into the oppositions hands by creating stoppages. The gameplan might be good but we don't have the cattle for it. We can run and carry we all know it but we are smothering our best runners with stoppage play.

The goal that Sylvia kicked from Evan's pass was a result of us bringing the ball through the middle. While we have tended to use the boundary so far, I don't think that is a reflection on Neeld's gameplan, I think it's more that our players don't have the skill or confidence yet to take the game on. Having a couple of big marking targets, (Dawes/Clark) would help too. I think you'll see us come through the middle a lot more and try and open the game up once our players gel, better understand the game plan, and are fit enough to provide that option.

ABC RADIO Carlton criticised for only beating Melbourne by 10 goals. Melbourne came up trumps with one stat. Free kicks for. They say Melbourne are totally lost and don't we all know it.

Everyone told that they have to contest so five Melbourne players jump on the ball and a Carlton player rums away with it.

Maloney, Petterd and Rivers leave and rubbish recruits come in. Neeld say's Melbourne are two years behind Kangaroos. How old will David Rodan be in two years and what was Neeld's thinking?

Was clear for all to see the way Melbourne played v Brisbane last year round one.

Sylvia is te only significant power player we have ATM and still some in this forum stick it into him.

Would be happy to see Neeld sacked after the Gold Coast match and a new dual Captain appointed immediately to replace Jack Trengove.

With all that off my chest what's Panozza like? Realise he's not on the list but in Casey best players most weeks and still only 25.

It's good chilled, and very nice after a pizza.