Lyon on Rivers

old55

It's a bit rough criticising Biffen's idiotic humour for being idiotic humour. I suppose you're into something more subtle and understated - like Benny Hill and pie throwing.

Not my style, I actually like humour that's funny; I guess that's something you've never come across. But keep up your inane banter with Biffen, I'm sure you both find it amusing; Alpaca's anyone.

Perhaps you should have a look at some Graham Norton it may give you some sort of clue.

Edited by RobbieF

Not my style, I actually like humour that's funny; I guess that's something you've never come across. But keep up your inane banter with Biffen, I'm sure you both find it amusing; Alpaca's anyone.

Perhaps you should have a look at some Graham Norton it may give you some sort of clue.

Actually I have watched him - briefly. His interviews can be OK but his opening humour is too reliant on the obvious. We had a Graham in Australia back in the 60's and 70's who was far more clever and witty and had the ability to entice an audience.

BTW I don't recall butchering the apostrophe as you indicate above.

Yes indeed GK was very good, one of the best. Maybe you and your mate should get hold of a couple of old Celebrity Squares tapes, it might help improve your comedy act. I guess anything would.

Sorry about the ', some on here are quite petty when it comes to grammar.

Yes indeed GK was very good, one of the best. Maybe you and your mate should get hold of a couple of old Celebrity Squares tapes, it might help improve your comedy act. I guess anything would.

Sorry about the ', some on here are quite petty when it comes to grammar.

We'll leave it at that Robbie but I'm claiming the points. I've got "Anna" who is "only 2.8 miles away" wanting to chat.

With Stynes seriously ill we effectively had a Board with no football experience following the resignation of Andrew Leoncelli. The Board was seriously considering extending Dean Bailey's contract. Schwab and Connolly did what they had to do to prevent that unwarranted contract extension. Everything I have read since about the fundamental cultural changes demanded of the players by Neeld, Misson and Craig justifies the actions of Schwab and Connolly.

Go Dees.

My name is Tom Potter and I endorse this message.

• Like 2

I am genuinely suprised at the criticism and anger thrown at Garry Lyon in this thread. But i am not knocking it as we all sit in different seats watching the Demons.

I thought the article was actually positive. A wake up call for the future.

In the last 2 years we have had 3 players who walked as soon as they could.

No other club has had that. So there have been major problems. Garry who was probably presented with most of them last year when Jimmy ASKED him for help is merely warning us all to get our shite together...this season.

I have wondered where the club would be today if Garry had declined Jim and not come forward.

Bailey was a unanimous 5-0 vote for the job in 2007 as i recall, it wasn't just Garry's call.

So i have no qualms towards him.

We have had some negative press from Garry over the years because we have made bad mistakes. Dean Bailey was doing ok until after 2010 QB.

G Lyon was always going to be in the media, i remember seeng the "Junior Supporters Club" on Ch7 on saturday morning at 6.30 hosted by a very young G Lyon in 1986 as i got home from a big night of clubbing.

He was also a dam fine Captain of our club, who i am sure wants to rid the club of factions which have always retarded us.

So yes, i see the article as positive.

And i am happy with the appointment of Neeld & Co...

• Like 1

Usually they don't urinate on you in the media after they've steered your ship though.

He's not revealing state secrets...

If you'd have come to me and told me that we were dysfunctional, factional, and bad place to be in 2011...

I would be all like:

demitrigif.gif

With Stynes seriously ill we effectively had a Board with no football experience following the resignation of Andrew Leoncelli. The Board was seriously considering extending Dean Bailey's contract. Schwab and Connolly did what they had to do to prevent that unwarranted contract extension. Everything I have read since about the fundamental cultural changes demanded of the players by Neeld, Misson and Craig justifies the actions of Schwab and Connolly.

Go Dees.

My name is Tom Potter and I endorse this message.

Thanks for pointing out the attempt at historical revisionism from the anti-Lyon camp.

Lyon did not hire Bailey as alleged above. That honour belongs to the Gardner board. Lyon was one member of a panel that interviewed prospective coaches and ultimately recommended Bailey's appointment. Fifty-5 makes it sound as if he was acting alone in making the appointment.

Four years later, Lyon is one of many who considers Bailey to be unsuitable for the coaching role. I say "many" because, as Tom points out, we all know that the football culture at the club was appalling and far reaching changes had to be made. Our coaching set up was on the nose.

Thankfully, changes were made and we no longer have the Bailey, Prendergast and Flack "faction".

We do know that the three of them (and those who stood behind them) all performed their handiwork well after Lyon had finished his stint of helping the club at the request of Jimmy Stynes. We are well rid of all of them along with that president who truly did urinate on the club but that doesn't seem to bother the anti-Lyon historical revisionist faction.

As for claims about personal attacks all I can say after TimD's tirades here is -

Pot, kettle, black ...

• Like 2