Brett Lovett Quits as Casey Coach

Demonland

WYL what no comeback on the Sth Melbourne reference, they were the "BLOODS" first weren't they? can't have that can we..........facts getting in the way of a myth

Send an email to the Club and suggest a standalone VFL side, and then kick in a few bob towards the 1/2 mil it costs

Mate the club gets over a $Grand from me each year...how much do you kick.??

Sorry didn't quite follow your Swans..Blood reference above.

It is a shame you think i am making it all up.

The culture at the Swans does exist.

Ted Richards says hi...

Mate the club gets over a $Grand from me each year...how much do you kick.??

Sorry didn't quite follow your Swans..Blood reference above.

It is a shame you think i am making it all up.

The culture at the Swans does exist.

Ted Richards says hi...

So we only need another 500 members a year to kick in a grand PER YEAR...to afford this????.....Is that what you're saying????

Got a spare $500,000.......per year WYL......Thats what it will cost the club for stand alone VFL side......Money is too hard to come by to waste it on a stand alone reserves side...IMHO.....

$ 500,000 well spent if it is implemented the right way.

A well run football dept is never a waste.

We already learnt not having a properly run football department was a complete disaster.

I have said it before.

$20 levy on each membership to fund our own reserve team.

$20 a year is 2-3 drinks at the pub.

So we only need another 500 members a year to kick in a grand PER YEAR...to afford this????.....Is that what you're saying????

That is one way of looking at it.

Don't be so scared of becoming an elite club...yes it will cost us initially

But if it is done the right way it will pay for itself.

That is one way of looking at it.

Don't be so scared of becoming an elite club...yes it will cost us initially

But if it is done the right way it will pay for itself.

And how do we get the people out Casey way to become members?????....If we dump Casey......I know quite a few who support Casey (old Springvale) and now are new members of the MFC because of the allignment....and the effort of our players playing there...

So, are you more concerned about Casey or Melbourne?

The Melbourne Football Club of course.

I have made that clear. Dispirited Casey people are of no help to us, & that is what will happen if the current arrangement continues.

And how do we get the people out Casey way to become members?????....If we dump Casey......I know quite a few who support Casey (old Springvale) and now are new members of the MFC because of the allignment....and the effort of our players playing there...

Winning is the number one priority in my eyes. Not in 5 years. Next season.

The MFC should still have a strong presence in Casey. That is not the problem.

The problem i see is 2 different agendas having to compete within the same team.

By not allowing MFC players to play in finals they were looking after the MFC interests first.

Yes i understand that. But what does it do for the Casey morale that we also have to deal with?

4 coaches in 4 years is it not?

Its not bad blood as far i can see but opposing agendas.

Stand alone eliminates all that. Yes it costs. But what doesn't.

BL was as stated by others a player who got the most out of himself and seems to be able to have done that at Casey. I totally support his sentiment re his kids and also note the comment about his dad.

I reckon Brett and his son should be welcomed to the club whenever they are able and Brett could maybe contribute some of his thoughts. He must have been able to work with the club given existing arrangements and obviously still has good links with the club. Also some of his paths to success might be picked up by others including his son.

He just could be part of a valuable support and succession team for the Club

In all circumstances thank him, wish him well and remind him he is always welcome>

Sums it up perfectly dpos.

Should be what this thread is about.

Yes i understand that. But what does it do for the Casey morale that we also have to deal with??

4 coaches in 4 years is it not?

You just said Melbourne is the top priority, not Casey.

Besides, Lovett leaving has nothing to do with not playing MFC players in finals, and the previous coach (Gotch?) left to take up an Assistant role at the Power.

I think we should all be thankful for Brett Lovett's contribution at Casey both the the Melbourne Football Club and to the Casey Scorpions.

I was sceptical about Casey's finals chances at the beginning of the year but to get the team to the top of the tree at the end of the home and away season was a magificent achievement without any big name VFL recruits and limited numbers of AFL players. This was particularly frustrating when the finals came around but that's the nature of alignments these days.

Those suggesting that the MFC goes it alone and ditches the alignment with Casey are entitled to their views but I wonder how the team would have fared a couple of weeks ago with only six players available. Sure, they would have used supplementary players but what's the difference between that and establishing yourself in a fast growing community like the Casey/Cardinia corridor?

• Like 5

You just said Melbourne is the top priority, not Casey.

Besides, Lovett leaving has nothing to do with not playing MFC players in finals, and the previous coach (Gotch?) left to take up an Assistant role at the Power.

Yes they are the top priority which is why a well structured stand alone team team is the best option.

I am not in any way saying we cannot still work within the Casey area.

Here is a perfect example of why the alignment does not work.

A coach works his Butt off to get a "good" side (not great) to the top of the ladder, but come September when players are really needed...They are not available.

What is the point?

STAND ALONE MFC RESERVE SIDE PLEASE.

Becoming "stand alone" wont fix that.

The problem is MFC haven't been playing finals for years and that's what keeps AFL players in VFL games this late in the season.

• Like 2

To those who were saying that BL wasnt the most talented as a footballer- I recall very differently and I think representing the big V 6 times speaks volumes.

Slow as a wet cement but he more than compensated by being strong of body and very quick of mind. Rarely got beaten and was very creative.

• Like 4

To those who were saying that BL wasnt the most talented as a footballer- I recall very differently and I think representing the big V 6 times speaks volumes.

Just watch a replay of the last quarter at Western oval in '87 and you will see how good he was.

Slow as a wet cement but he more than compensated by being strong of body and very quick of mind. Rarely got beaten and was very creative.

I agree, BL was strong for his size (especially through the hips), but perhaps his greatest strength was his strength of mind and determination never to be beaten in a contest.

• Like 1