POLL: Who Needs To Go? ... The Fans Decide

Range Rover

Which players do you not want to see appear on the senior list in 2013?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Explains nothing, So you are now touting this as fact?

Does repeating unsubstantiated speculation make it true?

Of course I'm not touting this as fact. I'm saying that if we use different criteria, the result may well be different, and "probably" along these lines.

I tried to get us to avoid simplistic parallels between the Demonland poll and who's actually going to go, but looks like I was too late. Isn't this whole thread an exercise in "unsubstantiated speculation"?

Totally. In fact two of the candidates still have a year to run on their contracts

Contracts schmontracts.

I havent voted and still cant get my head around the conflict that RR and Ton introduce.

I was aqualiifed and practicing HR Manager in my previous life and Hiring, Firing, Organisational structure, and productivity were issues we dealt with in organisations as large as 800 staff.

You cant always blame the Manager or the leading or the apprentice

rather you you need to evaluate the circumstances.

Yes its Culture and we have identified its being changed This usually takes time (years)

the coach has been given 3 years acknowledging he needs to see results at year2 so at least let him do that

We should not want or be able to change all the staff and we should also see the coach(and line coaches) getting the best from what they inherited.

Some or all will not match up as has been clearly described on Dland to get maximum success and we will see new players and some discarded

Provided there is honesty in the approach

players are given direction on what is required and opportunity to match that and reason for being kept or let go it would seem fair to the player

This then leaves the responsibility for success to the coach unless he too has been given direction

Ie we cant let the worst performer go and that stops achievment.

Ultimately the board takes responsibility in either supporting or not reappointing the coach

Again clear communication of the reasons is all that I ask

I am not aware of any of the circumstances other than the lack of a win. I will support the team and the club as I have through the past and hope that the decisions of the Board and the coach are correct and that the team will respond to give me some joy of victory rather than continuing to develop my character through defeat

• Like 2

After watching many of the games live this year I really think the following are done at this club.

Bate

Dunn

Morton

Bail

McDonald

Gawn must have bugger all chances left.

Moloney

Bennell

Davey........it's depressing but I coul add more. The point is with this exercise is - have they improved?

After watching many of the games live this year I really think the following are done at this club.

Bate

Dunn

Morton

Bail

McDonald

Gawn must have bugger all chances left.

Moloney

Bennell

Davey........it's depressing but I coul add more. The point is with this exercise is - have they improved?

Gawn hasn't had any chance yet.2 or 3 games?

Totally. In fact two of the candidates still have a year to run on their contracts

True but you will notice I acknowledge this fact as making Morton more attractive as a trade. He just needs to do something to prove he has market value. He came back into the side, did a few articles and interviews about his return and then was dropped. proof's in the pudding.

Big Maxie Gawn has been given NO chances - he's played 3 games and is signed until the end of 2013 like Tappscott (who I rate just quietly).

As for unsubstantiated rumour - my source told me Scully was staying and that Judd was ours :)

Tonotopia - I have zero interest in people's private business interests and Im sure that it no body else cares and rather than bolstering your argument it probably undermines it mate

'Top' 10 Update

Bate - 181

Bennell - 133

Morton - 129 ++

Petterd - 114

Dunn - 110

MacDonald - 100

Spencer - 85

Davey - 83 ++

Moloney - 65

Jetta - 63

* On the cusp - Green (59), Bartram (58), Fitzy (52), Couch (39), Bail (38)

++ - Contracted for 2013

Edited by Range Rover

All this Year, & since Brad Greens 2011 as Captain finished, I've wanted to see his retirement speech.

Most of this year IMO, he has been Lack_Lustre.

But since around the time of his Casey game, he seems to have had a change of heart, & I sense a jolly green smile appearing about his jowls.

IF this is the case & he looks like he's finding his enthusiasm again, & his courage for the Contest again,,,, the I'll change my mind & wish him well for a potential 2013 MFC season?

If his Enthusiasm is real, & not contract Driven,,,, Then I say welcome...

All this Year, & since Brad Greens 2011 as Captain finished, I've wanted to see his retirement speech.

Most of this year IMO, he has been Lack_Lustre.

But since around the time of his Casey game, he seems to have had a change of heart, & I sense a jolly green smile appearing about his jowls.

IF this is the case & he looks like he's finding his enthusiasm again, & his courage for the Contest again,,,, the I'll change my mind & wish him well for a potential 2013 MFC season?

If his Enthusiasm is real, & not contract Driven,,,, Then I say welcome...

After his celebrations etc on Sunday I was wondering if he had told the boys before the game it was his last, going out on a win at the G etc, we even hung around for a fair while in case he got chaired off!

I hope he goes again next year, still has the skill and definitely has the knowledge, but something tells me he's made up his mind and may have even told the boys as much and that's why we're seeing a much more lighthearted Brad Green.

After his celebrations etc on Sunday I was wondering if he had told the boys before the game it was his last, going out on a win at the G etc, we even hung around for a fair while in case he got chaired off!

I hope he goes again next year, still has the skill and definitely has the knowledge, but something tells me he's made up his mind and may have even told the boys as much and that's why we're seeing a much more lighthearted Brad Green.

He's always had the skill, but Not always the hunger for the Hard Ball.

The Year before his Captaincy, he was great, leading the way! Got injured a couple of times, not knowing how to go in low without leading with his Chin.

Last Year he was like a turtle, pulling his head in & hiding.

Not good.

I hope his last couple of weeks is a real reflection of desire, & not about Money.

Facts are that 8-12 players will go. My guess is 9 or 10.

Exactly Ray my thoughts 2 years ago I identified 12 who shouldnt be playing and they will now go hopefully The same names albeit later than i suggested

After Yesterday's Saints game, Sellar, Bate and Moloney have to go.....seen enough from them.

Also I'm not sure about Mckenzie,I think these days you need more from players than one trick.

al he does is tackle,doesn't get the ball enough or use it with any intent.

After Yesterday's Saints game, Sellar, Bate and Moloney have to go.....seen enough from them.

Also I'm not sure about Mckenzie,I think these days you need more from players than one trick.

al he does is tackle,doesn't get the ball enough or use it with any intent.

I thought Sellar did enough useful things yesterday and has performed a role all year

This makes Bate and Moloney noticeable due to the lack of useful things done

I dont see many games or patches so may be unaware but I am sure the coaching team are noting contribution carefully.

McKenzie tackling creqates pressure which often allows somone else to use it with intent.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just erased Green's name as he's retired and replaced it with Watts.

Watts takes over Green's 78 registered votes.

Why? Because he deserves them.

Is that really a fair indication of what people want? Do you even understand the concept of a 'poll'?

Jetta will stay-he can actually kick a football properly-which is a huge bonus for us at the moment because Watts and Clark are the only other guys who can.

For all the sh!t we talk on this site,the biggest problems are that nobody(exceptions above) can kick or handball properly .

I'm glad Nicholson can run because he cant hit a 3 metre handball under no pressure .

surprised more people wouldn't vote to get rid of Magner.

Small, slow and average skills.

Threatens to take McKenzies mantle as the official team 'tagger who is a bit of a spud but tries hard.'

No thanks, this midfield is slow enough already. May as well try someone else. Clearly he's not going to give us much and there is no upside to keeping him.

Neeld said at the pressor yesterday that they would be 'ruthless' in the list review at the end of the season. best and most needed choice of words Ive heard thus far.