Would you Let Jack Viney go to GWS!

ashdemons22

Doubt they'll bid.

GWS most likely will finish last and will wont risk missing Lachie or Grundy.

GC will consider trading for an u17 with there first pick, so they wont risk bidding on Viney either as they ll want that pick available to trade with.

We'll be ok, the benefits of them bidding does not compare to the risk.

Why is everyone so sure GC want another u17?

I know thye did it last year but O'Meara was an exceptional talent and (they would have thought) better than who they would have got with pick 4 this year.

But this year they have pick 2...is the player that they could get in the u17 draft (Martin?) better than who they would get at number 2 this year?

Im not saying weather I think they will pick Viney, but I am just not sure the u17 draft is as good an option this year as it was last year for them.

I know thye did it last year but O'Meara was an exceptional talent and (they would have thought) better than who they would have got with pick 4 this year.

But this year they have pick 2...is the player that they could get in the u17 draft (Martin?) better than who they would get at number 2 this year?

Im not saying weather I think they will pick Viney, but I am just not sure the u17 draft is as good an option this year as it was last year for them.

Its more about keeping there options open for the trade period.

By bidding they would be cramping themselves and lose out on potential options during trade period and for what? 1 pick higher in there 2nd round? (If they even have a 2nd round pick, they may want to trade that also)

The risk is not worth the benefit.

Fundamental misunderstanding of both the science of climate change and economics as a driver of change in the economy, if you think the carbon tax is a "do nothing tax".

I'd stick to footy if I were you.

The final thing I'll say is that there's an old thread about it on the General Board and needless to say I reckon your views on "climate change" are a crock of you know what.

Cheers.

Hey Ben

Much as I would love to consult a footy forum for the latest on the science of climate change, i figure this might be a bit more useful...

The CSIRO and Bureau of Meteorology State of the Climate 2012 reports that:

• Australian annual average daily mean temperatures have increased by 0.9 °C since 1910.
  • Global average mean sea level for 2011 was 210 mm above the level in 1880.
  • Sea surface temperatures have increased by about 0.8 °C since 1910.
  • The main cause of the observed increase in carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere is the combustion of fossil fuels since the industrial revolution.
  • Australian average temperatures are projected to rise by 1.0 to 5.0 °C by 2070 when compared with the climate of recent decades.

Apologies for derailing this tread. My last word too.

Edited by PaulRB

GWS and GC will not bid on Viney! Think of it from their point of view! Would u draft a player who has his mind set on playing at Melbourne? Big risk to take on high draft pick if he walks after two yrs! Dees are playing it smart, they know GC/GWS wont touch him, and sheedy was having a bit of fun by stirring the pot, good on him.

END OF TOPIC!!! this is what will happen.... pick 13

GWS and GC will not bid on Viney! Think of it from their point of view! Would u draft a player who has his mind set on playing at Melbourne? Big risk to take on high draft pick if he walks after two yrs! Dees are playing it smart, they know GC/GWS wont touch him, and sheedy was having a bit of fun by stirring the pot, good on him.

What about pick 13 ? It's a compo pick !

• Like 1

Hey Ben

Much as I would love to consult a footy forum for the latest on the science of climate change, i figure this might be a bit more useful...

The CSIRO and Bureau of Meteorology State of the Climate 2012 reports that:                

• Australian annual average daily mean temperatures have increased by 0.9 °C since 1910.
  • Global average mean sea level for 2011 was 210 mm above the level in 1880.
  • Sea surface temperatures have increased by about 0.8 °C since 1910.
  • The main cause of the observed increase in carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere is the combustion of fossil fuels since the industrial revolution.
  • Australian average temperatures are projected to rise by 1.0 to 5.0 °C by 2070 when compared with the climate of recent decades.

Apologies for derailing this tread. My last word too.

Here you are, have a good read and knock yourself out ! : http://demonland.com...ioxide-tax/Keep this thread on track please.

• Like 1

There was a rumor that the Suns are interested in U-17 Hogan.

Ironically you have tried to end the topic and in same line illustrated you don't know much about the The Viney Bidding Saga ©.

• Like 1

There was a rumor that the Suns are interested in U-17 Hogan.

Cant blame them for wanting Hogan, a massive kid with massive potential as a forward. If they get Hogan then they would be set up for years with their midfield and a unit like Hogan down forward,

Cant blame them for wanting Hogan, a massive kid with massive potential as a forward. If they get Hogan then they would be set up for years with their midfield and a unit like Hogan down forward,

He would give them a lift with a bit of Grunt.

I think we're starting to see Blighty's influence start to show.

Edited by dee-luded

I have a question (that may seem silly, but I just want to clarify) re: the father/son bidding: Can a team bid on more than one player? For example could one of GWS/GC bid on both Jack Viney AND Joe Daniher? From what has been reported by many, Daniher would be a potential #1 pick if he weren't already linked to Essendon as a F/S. Surely GWS and GC would have him in their sites?

If they can only bid on one, the only reason that I can see for them bidding on JV over Daniher would be that they assume that someone who finishes above Melbourne but below Essendon will bid on him, which will force the Bombers to take him with a first rounder rather than a second.

I have a question (that may seem silly, but I just want to clarify) re: the father/son bidding: Can a team bid on more than one player? For example could one of GWS/GC bid on both Jack Viney AND Joe Daniher? From what has been reported by many, Daniher would be a potential #1 pick if he weren't already linked to Essendon as a F/S. Surely GWS and GC would have him in their sites?

If they can only bid on one, the only reason that I can see for them bidding on JV over Daniher would be that they assume that someone who finishes above Melbourne but below Essendon will bid on him, which will force the Bombers to take him with a first rounder rather than a second.

Not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere they couldn't.

Not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere they couldn't.

They always could.

It was more cumbersome since a rule change that mean that the 18th team (GWS) says 'we want Daniher' and Essendon says 'ok we will take him with our 1st pick' and then it goes back to GWS and they say 'we want Viney' and we say 'ok, we will take him with our 1st pick.' Then if GWS don't want to nominate, it will go to GC (17th team) and they might say 'we nominate McDonald' and then NM has to make a decision and so forth.

I explained this earlier but it is confusing and I understand people not knowing how it works.

So to answer the question of GTG - yes they can. In fact, in theory, all F/S could be locked away by GWS nominating them and then the F/S clubs locking them in at their first picks.

• Like 1

They always could.

It was more cumbersome since a rule change that mean that the 18th team (GWS) says 'we want Daniher' and Essendon says 'ok we will take him with our 1st pick' and then it goes back to GWS and they say 'we want Viney' and we say 'ok, we will take him with our 1st pick.' Then if GWS don't want to nominate, it will go to GC (17th team) and they might say 'we nominate McDonald' and then NM has to make a decision and so forth.

I explained this earlier but it is confusing and I understand people not knowing how it works.

So to answer the question of GTG - yes they can. In fact, in theory, all F/S could be locked away by GWS nominating them and then the F/S clubs locking them in at their first picks.

You have much more patience then i do rpfc....cudos

They always could.

Thanks for clarifying, rpfc.

• Like 1