Key Forward Wanted.

Deano74

I don't understand the Fev hate.

Think about what we'd give up for him. NOTHING.

Take him late in the draft, give him a 1 year deal where we can sack him after any off-field crap.

Clearly you dont understand the issue. It not a matter of what we have to give up. And you wrong on the "nothing". He takes the place of a younger player more deserving of a crack at the AFL with MFC.

And it makes no sense giving him a short term deal if we did actually want him (I am confident that MFC dont). Because he wont be around in 2013 then.

bring Fev in fo 2 years. Yes he has been a bit of a [censored] but he has never really done anything too bad. Give the bloke a break. As long as there is a clause that if he even looks silly hes gone.

FMD. He has had 12 years of football off field disasters. The bloke has been given more lifelines that he deserves and needs to find the proper avenues to deal with his issues.

If there is a clause that he is gone if he "looks silly" then he wont last the pre season MFC jumper presentation.

Cant see the footy club doing it though.

I wonder why??? :rolleyes:

While footy clubs are in the business of winning flags, they are also in the business of entertaining and providing wins for their fans.

I would have thought winning flags actually involved having to win games along the way. Hmmmm

If Fev can help win games, not retard our young teams development, not cost much, not push a potential star of the list, and only for a year while Lucas Cooks and Fitzy grow, then maybe it's time the MFC switched to vaudeville for 2012.

I know I'll be entertained watching Fev roll out in the Red & Blue in 2012...

The "watch the team grow and develop over 50 games and then..." variety of entertainment the MFC has been dishing out over the last few years has to continue, it can be wearisome viewing when it's all us fans are being served for 3+ years now... with more to come.

I cant see how having Fev for even one year does not stop the development of younger players. Fev is not the solution to getting games and experience into our younger players. Quite the opposite.

When is the last time a MFC player kicked 11 in the reserves?

Could Fev help us win games of over the next 2 years?

Who would we be happy to lose to have Fev in the team?

How much do we hold a persons past against them?

How fun would it be for Fev to help us beat Carlton?

Callum Wilson is on the eagles list, but plays WAFL every week becasue he has Lynch, Kennedy and now Darling infront of him. I dont think we need to draft in a player from another club, but he wouldnt be a bad choice.

When is the last time a MFC player kicked 11 in the reserves? Big deal. He got great service from a dominant midfield and was playing against a physically undermanned Frankston team. Frankston are struggling. The question is why has it taken Fev this long to impact a VFL game if he is still that good. Still has a great verandah over the shop front in the photos. It looks quite becoming when you are over 30.

Could Fev help us win games of over the next 2 years? Not in his current state and I am more concerned about the wins we get when we are seriously challenging in the finals.

Who would we be happy to lose to have Fev in the team? Its more a matter of which talent that will more realisically be around in challenging years be

How much do we hold a persons past against them? I know what you get from Fev and its not what MFC want or need. There is good reason why MFC will not be foolish enough to punt on the Fev.

How fun would it be for Fev to help us beat Carlton? Not as much fun as having 22 of existing list plus a couple of recruits beat them,

Lucas Cook was drafted for this sole purpose, yet you want to trade willy nilly for outcast kpf, makes me wonder sometimes

Looks as if Cook may struggle to get a run this year - haven't actually seen him - is he anywhere near solid enough for FF at this stage?

Martin is gaining many more strings to his bow this year - he has moved on significantly from being a third tall defender who can pinch hit in the ruck, to a dependable back up ruck who now can take a grab up forward, can kick goals and is very good at ground level for a man of his size. I reckon, especially with the progression of Gawnius Maximus, that Martin could be groomed as the big athletic body up forward in the Dawes mould.

Thoughts?

And back to the thread title - I think time has passed Fev by, at AFL level.

Edited by monoccular

I think our forward line is starting to come together well with Watts maturing each week. I am not sure we should be spending picks on a "power forward". The most glaring problem we have up forward is the small crumbing forward. We dont have one. We need one and should seek to identify options in the draft.

Aadam Maric says hello. :wacko:

Big deal. He got great service from a dominant midfield and was playing against a physically undermanned Frankston team. Frankston are struggling. The question is why has it taken Fev this long to impact a VFL game if he is still that good. Still has a great verandah over the shop front in the photos. It looks quite becoming when you are over 30.

To ask the same question another way, would Fev add to our team assuming a proper pre-season and a professional approach from him?

Not in his current state and I am more concerned about the wins we get when we are seriously challenging in the finals.

See above re his "current state", and can't we have a good present and a good future? I think the yanks call it "chewing gum while you walk".

Its more a matter of which talent that will more realisically be around in challenging years be

I know what you get from Fev and its not what MFC want or need. There is good reason why MFC will not be foolish enough to punt on the Fev.

Can a person Change?

Not as much fun as having 22 of existing list plus a couple of recruits beat them,

Wouldn't Fev be a recruit?

Edited by PaulRB

Guest hangon007

The MFC FD have done enough due diligence on Fev before he had come to Casey. They were not happy with Casey for getting him and I doubt much has changed since then. I would have thought Fev takes away opportunities for younger players not creates them.

But if he is at Casey, what is the cost of upgrading him into our senior rookie spot.

Doesn't really change his status at Casey. However, does allow you to upgrade him assuming he can put a full pre-season in put his head down and his bum up and give it his all for 2 years.

So what is a senior rookie spot worth ... in a year you dont have any players eligible for a veterans spot or its a hyper weak draft down the bottom end ... sorry I dont know ...but probably not a hell of a lot.

What is the alternative?

Fev v Frankston

hardly much of a team to warrant drafting Fev

Fev kicking 11 against Port, Willy, Nth Ballarat then I might take notice

Josh Kennedy for Morton and Bate

Sam Reid for Morton and Bate

Taylor Walker/Tippett for Morton or Bate

John Butcher for round 3 draft pick.

or we can just be patient and grow our own

Guest hangon007

It would be fun banking the $$$$ if we got a 80,000 crowd on the anticipation Fev might play.

It would be fun watching the kids faces line for a photo with the "King of the Kids" ... we might even pinch a few from the Blues god we need them.

It would be fun just to think we where a football club that said "Yip we are prepared to give you another chance"

Doesnt mean it will happen ... just means it worth considering until you can clearly demonstrated an alternative that can play full forward and fulfils a need, that can kick 50 ish goal in AFL football that is eligible around that time in a weak drafting year. Who is a mature body and adds something different to your list.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Maybe we could get Craig Nettlebeck back and throw him in too...

I was thinking more Trent Zooooooooooomer. (should not really say that ... but its a joke)

It would be fun banking the $$$$ if we got a 80,000 crowd on the anticipation Fev might play.

It would be fun watching the kids faces line for a photo with the "King of the Kids" ... we might even pinch a few from the Blues god we need them.

It would be fun just to think we where a football club that said "Yip we are prepared to give you another chance"

It wouldn't be fun seeing Fev bring our club into disrepute. He's done it at two previous clubs and there's a huge risk in thinking he won't do it at a third.

Guest hangon007

It wouldn't be fun seeing Fev bring our club into disrepute. He's done it at two previous clubs and there's a huge risk in thinking he won't do it at a third.

Yes, you cant discount. But hey ... maybe the club would not suffer that much ... maybe people would just say ... thats just Fev.

Now look at the opposite ... imagine if he didn't offend again. The glass is always half full.

PS Has he even been diagnosed with depression at any other club, has he ever been on medication to help him with his drinking problem at any other club? Not sure ... but he sure looks like he wants to reform, but hell it not easy.

Edited by hangon007

What this post proves, there is a major lack of key forwards. Id love someone like Kurt Tippett but hes outter contract end of next year.

Jesse White might be worth looking at.