The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

I would love to see the player payments list at the MFC.

I have spent the last few days watching successful clubs getting players or making bids for them.

I look at Freo, Richmond, Sydney, GWS, North etc and wonder how much we are paying to a large number who are not AFL standard.

If we are paying close to the cap then we are grossly over paying a large number.

But we have to pay close to the cap is my understanding of how this all works.

But I do agree with you. It should be performance driven payments.

• Like 1

I would love to see the player payments list at the MFC.

I have spent the last few days watching successful clubs getting players or making bids for them.

I look at Freo, Richmond, Sydney, GWS, North etc and wonder how much we are paying to a large number who are not AFL standard.

If we are paying close to the cap then we are grossly over paying a large number.

OD, its been a concern of mine for years that we've been overpaying quite a few. Some will always argue that " we have to pay someone" but i reckon some shrewd accountant types would have figured out a way of jigging things to pay players what they are worth and open up a huge warchest to BRIBE someone to come our way.

i simply think in the past we've been a pretty dumb club.

OD, its been a concern of mine for years that we've been overpaying quite a few. Some will always argue that " we have to pay someone" but i reckon some shrewd accountant types would have figured out a way of jigging things to pay players what they are worth and open up a huge warchest to BRIBE someone to come our way.

i simply think in the past we've been a pretty dumb club.

That is true bb, IMO the system is crazy why do the Dees have to pay the same total amount of money as the top few sides.

Clearly we have a large number of players who are below the standard of AFL.

It beggars belief they have to be paid the same as the Premiers.

IT is a bloody Players union rule.

Crap I think.

• Like 1

That is true bb, IMO the system is crazy why do the Dees have to pay the same total amount of money as the top few sides.

Clearly we have a large number of players who are below the standard of AFL.

It beggars belief they have to be paid the same as the Premiers.

IT is a bloody Players union rule.

Crap I think.

Going back to the"have to pay someone " idea. I think its plain we've been paying the WRONG ones..lol

We sort of had the idea with Clark, but hes No Park-Clark

Then Dawes, but hes been stop/start-pause Dawes

We could have thrown big money at someone but we pandered to the no show's.

I agree.. I think the the range of the cap is too narrrow.. why not only 80% of cap if your team is only 80% AFL standard...if that !!

Going back to the"have to pay someone " idea. I think its plain we've been paying the WRONG ones..lol

We sort of had the idea with Clark, but hes No Park-Clark

Then Dawes, but hes been stop/start-pause Dawes

We could have thrown big money at someone but we pandered to the no show's.

I agree.. I think the the range of the cap is too narrrow.. why not only 80% of cap if your team is only 80% AFL standard...if that !!

Better still BB pay them only if they win!

Heres something for a little perspective as to the false pretences under which many a Demon player has been paid.

When was the last time the Mighty Demons had back to back wins in the H/A season ?

might need to get your fav tipple to hand !! lol

Heres something for a little perspective as to the false pretences under which many a Demon player has been paid.

When was the last time the Mighty Demons had back to back wins in the H/A season ?

might need to get your fav tipple to hand !! lol

Well bb don't keep me hanging what is the answer?

Well bb don't keep me hanging what is the answer?

rounds 13/14 2011 !!! if im correct !!

we're good aren't we :(

Just been reading the thread about server errors and costs etc. So, given it's trade time I wondered who, if any Dland could trade out to raise a few bucks to keep the site going?

Who has any value to other sites?

Just a few thoughts-

OD? Sorry mate but with limited time ahead not worth much.

Young dee? Inexperienced but prolific – possible trade to Bomber blitz.

WYL – Has pizzed everyone off so no trade value.

The Big [censored]. Sprays it everywhere – but hoping someone will take him.

Biffen. Serious drug and lifestyle problems. A bit like Garlett – no interest.

DC. Flouts his underwear in public – obvious exhibitionist – maybe a bit of run on occasions but would go cheap.

Stuie – Wants to be Captain but .....

Moonshadow – couldn’t really even put him up for trade. Obvious user of illegal substances, bizarre lifestyle. Clearly has mental issues. Sounds a bit harsh I know but due diligence would find him out.

Ben Hur – Would want to be Captain even more than Stuie – obvious friction there.

‘ ... bubsie??? Effed up due to name change.

That Clint Eastwood bloke – Jesus Christ

That Song bloke with the buffed breasts and RTG are both Schoolteachers – not worth a cracker.

Sorry guys – I left another dozen or so failures out ( at least). I simply became too depressed. Demonland is about as tradeable as MFC.

Of course I, modestly, must mention myself, high trade value but loyal. So don’t worry, I’ll stick.

• Like 4

Just been reading the thread about server errors and costs etc. So, given it's trade time I wondered who, if any Dland could trade out to raise a few bucks to keep the site going?

Just a few thoughts-

DC. Flouts his underwear in public – obvious exhibitionist – maybe a bit of run on occasions but would go cheap.

Moonshadow – couldn’t really even put him up for trade. Obvious user of illegal substances, bizarre lifestyle. Clearly has mental issues. Sounds a bit harsh I know but due diligence would find him out.

Ben Hur – Would want to be Captain even more than Stuie – obvious friction there.

That Song bloke with the buffed breasts and RTG are both Schoolteachers – not worth a cracker.

Sorry guys – I left another dozen or so failures out ( at least). I simply became too depressed. Demonland is about as tradeable as MFC.

Of course I, modestly, must mention myself, high trade value but loyal. So don’t worry, I’ll stick.

mate I not only LIKE this post, I really LIKE it...lol good stuff....lol

mate I not only LIKE this post, I really LIKE it...lol good stuff....lol

Agree but who The Big [censored]?

Never seen him or her post!

Agree but who The Big [censored]?

Never seen him or her post!

apparently a Chameleon that wafts through :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sitting in the bar of my hotel in Manchester and between me and the 3 guys at the next table, we have played over 800 games of AFL footy. The other 3 were Bucks, Rocket and Pert. Spoke to them and asked if any goss and they said later in the week. Bucks said he thought we might be pretty quiet in trade week. They were going to watch Man U play before coming home.

I did hear Adams name mentioned. It would make sense if Shaw goes to GWS as Pies are one of his 2 preferred clubs.

• Like 1

Sitting in the bar of my hotel in Manchester and between me and the 3 guys at the next table, we have played over 800 games of AFL footy. The other 3 were Bucks, Rocket and Pert. Spoke to them and asked if any goss and they said later in the week. Bucks said he thought we might be pretty quiet in trade week. They were going to watch Man U play before coming home.

I did hear Adams name mentioned. It would make sense if Shaw goes to GWS as Pies are one of his 2 preferred clubs.

... and I reckon there's a fair chance you didn't shout. :lol:

Did you feel ill after talking to them?

Never underestimate what you can catch from the Collingwood FC.

IMO worst Club in the AFL.

But good to hear from you RL, I would suggest changing bars as they let anyone in there.

Edited by TheBigFrog

so how many did YOU play ?

so how many did YOU play ?

He was on a 9 year $10 million contract but something stop him playing a game lol

We couldn't find a pen to sign the contract with.

Oh I thought it was because you had to give up Drinking, gambling and worst of all Bananas!

Just a few thoughts-

You have made my day Bbo!

You have made my day Bbo!

Is that because you see the end of the pain from being a MFC supporter / Demonland poster?

Is that because you see the end of the pain from being a MFC supporter / Demonland poster?

Yes TBF I am going to offer myself up for a trade,

To the recipitant club I will offer a significant dowry .

Edited by old dee