NFL

Dappa Dan

Wow, what a turnaround.

28-23 . Akers got lucky. That was an awful miss the first time.

Still a stack of time left in the game

Did Akers dive?

Have to look at it again but that was a vital 3 points. Didn't seem much in it anyway.

Boldin!!!!!!! Jesus Christ what a finals series!!!

They've got 4 goes at it here

Did Jim Harbaugh waste that 'time out' on 3rd down?

They take a safety. Looked liked they'd practiced it too.

Ravens win. And to think that they lost 4 of their last 5 games in the regular season.

You get hot at the right time and you can win the whole damn thing - once again.

Great finish

Edited by Macca

What a great game, Flacco was great, but I thought Williams on the ravens defence was simply amazing all game, especially in the first half.

Yep 84, good point re Williams. Obviously Flacco and Boldin stood out on the offence, but that stand at the end was typical Ravens.

Some teams drop away after a loss like this. Can't see it with these 49ers. Jim Harbaugh won't let this team slip back. Kaepernick stays fit and they'll be right back into proceedings.

Edited by Macca

Ravens win. And to think that they lost 4 of their last 5 games in the regular season.

You get hot at the right time and you can win the whole damn thing - once again.

Great finish

Yeah spot on. I had the ravens heading straight out of the playoffs. A new offensive coordinator and bang a Super Bowl is theirs. A mate at work who doesn't follow NFL asked if the two best teams were in the super bowl. It's a hard question to answer.

Yeah spot on. I had the ravens heading straight out of the playoffs. A new offensive coordinator and bang a Super Bowl is theirs. A mate at work who doesn't follow NFL asked if the two best teams were in the super bowl. It's a hard question to answer.

One of the best parts of the NFL is the unpredictability of it. Within the games and overall. There is no 'sure fire' way to win though you do need a reasonably good QB. It seems in todays NFL it's all about timing, belief and getting 'hot'. Same sort of thing has been happening a bit in Hockey and Baseball. Where did we all have Flacco on our lists after week 17? Not even top 15 for mine and yet he was stellar in the playoffs. He's done an Eli !

The roster for next year is out (not the week to week schedule yet) . Our division (NFC North) has got it tough - we play all the teams in the NFC East and all the teams in the AFC North ... Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Redskins, Bengals, Dallas, Eagles and Cleveland. That's apart from the 6 tough games within our division. The other 2 games the Packers have got are Atlanta and San Francisco. Your blokes 'extra' 2 games are against Carolina and @ Seattle ... Aaron and Adrian will both need huge years again !

Anyway, for those that are interested, if you click on the following link it will take you to a site that lists all the individual team's schedules - click on any team to find out your teams schedule for 2013.

... NFL Football Schedule

Edited by Macca

I had to follow it online at work. I almost gave up at 28-6, but the power outage caught my attention. Lucky it did.

I haven't seen the full game or replay, but I have seen the last fourth down attempt we had. I saw holding/PI. Oh well, I'm sure there were others.

Looks like CK took a half to get over the nerves. Flacco had a dominant postseason, deserved the MVP from what I've seen/read.

Once again, the Super Bowl winning side is one with a low-ish seed, without having a stellar regular season, but who peaked at the right time. Giants last year, Packers the year before, all similar. Timing is everything.

Now that's an article. Baseball will make me speculate about any great feat in sport. I remember Sosa and Macguire making the news here for their "efforts" when they were going toe to toe for the HR record. He is right we should look twice at someone like Lewis and even my man AP. But if I was a Journo when AP received his MVP would I have asked a question about doping? Hell no! It's a fine line and a journo would have been felt to be satan himself if he questioned AP,Manning or anyone else. Thanks baseball I wish I could have kept my ignorance in sport. Do you think we could have this issue or non issue whichever way you look at it in our great sport?

I know this is an NFL page. I just thought how a conversation about PED's and what would happen down here if it was the case has become so real. How very strange. Should we start discussing Lotto numbers?

I know this is an NFL page. I just thought how a conversation about PED's and what would happen down here if it was the case has become so real. How very strange. Should we start discussing Lotto numbers?

Yep, was thinking the same thing 'cfh' (nostradamus)

These sort of things quite often happen in 'Three's' . I'm making sure I take a lotto ticket this Saturday (can you please PM me the numbers ^_^ ) Might even take out a multi sports bet on the weekend.

• Like 1

Aaargh ... I haven't had this feeling since 2000.

49ers will be back in contention next year jack no doubt about it. 49ers have a complete team and the kap will only improve. Little comfort I know.

Yep, was thinking the same thing 'cfh' (nostradamus)

These sort of things quite often happen in 'Three's' . I'm making sure I take a lotto ticket this Saturday (can you please PM me the numbers ^_^ ) Might even take out a multi sports bet on the weekend.

We were also talking about a discarded pick number 4. Watch this space.....

We were also talking about a discarded pick number 4. Watch this space.....

Yes, that's the 2nd bit. If Cale starts looking like 'Arnie' we're definitely on to something ... Warnie cracked a mention in there as well (but he's always in the news for some obscure reason)

Just back to the Super Bowl. Apparently there was only one pass interference call in the whole game. So the last 'Non call' needs to be put into context. Even though it was pass interference in my opinion, I was happy that they didn't call it. In fact, if they did call it we'd be getting countless replays of all the instances that weren't called.

I distinctly remember seeing lots of WR's for both sides pleading for favourable decisions. At least the officials were consistent. The only issue I have is if you're not going to make these calls in a Super Bowl then why do we see regular season games often have umpteen penalties?

Just back to the Super Bowl. Apparently there was only one pass interference call in the whole game. So the last 'Non call' needs to be put into context. Even though it was pass interference in my opinion, I was happy that they didn't call it. In fact, if they did call it we'd be getting countless replays of all the instances that weren't called.

I distinctly remember seeing lots of WR's for both sides pleading for favourable decisions. At least the officials were consistent. The only issue I have is if you're not going to make these calls in a Super Bowl then why do we see regular season games often have umpteen penalties?

I still contend the holding on the kick off return touch down after the half should have been a penalty against Baltimore. Two Ravens flat out "hog tied" a 9er in the middle seam where Jones found his gap and bolted through.

I still contend the holding on the kick off return touch down after the half should have been a penalty against Baltimore. Two Ravens flat out "hog tied" a 9er in the middle seam where Jones found his gap and bolted through.

In a few days it might be remembered as the Super Bowl where holding was vitually 'legal'. Wouldn't surprise me with the analysis that goes on in their sports. There were 23 unsuccessful pass attempts with only one call of pass interference.

As I intimated earlier, the officials set the pattern early in the game and were consistent throughout. If you were a Niners fan you may see it diiferently.

Must admit, I haven't looked at that run back in detail. Will have another look - I'm sure you're correct about it, Cards.

Edited by Macca

I think the genuine gripe Niners fans would have is that Baltimore was gifted a pass interference penalty on third down to save their final FG drive and wipe minutes off the clock. If you're going to be consistent, call the Crabtree one too. Oh well, it only cost a team the Super Bowl I suppose.

I think the genuine gripe Niners fans would have is that Baltimore was gifted a pass interference penalty on third down to save their final FG drive and wipe minutes off the clock. If you're going to be consistent, call the Crabtree one too. Oh well, it only cost a team the Super Bowl I suppose.

I saw a fair bit of holding in the match. Probably at least 8 - 10 times. I couldn't remember the one they called but you make a reasonable point. My reasoning was that 'generally' the officials were consistent. You'll never get it perfect - in any sport.

I can remember thinking at one stage that 'They're not calling much'. If that last call was made, then I've no doubt there would have been Ravens fans complaining that the officials had let things go all game - why change now?

Not sure there's any right or wrong here. I can fully understand those who reckon that that last play should have been called pass interference. It will be talked about for years.

Edited by Macca

• 4 weeks later...

Alex Smith to KC

Well the Chiefs are making some moves. Giving up a 2nd round draft pick (and possibly another pick next year as well) sounds like a good decision on the surface of it.

Smith, the number one overall pick of the 2005 draft, led the 49ers to the NFC title game in 2012, but lost his starting job in midseason to Colin Kaepernick while he was sidelined with a concussion.
Smith had directed the Niners to a 6-2-1 record with 13 touchdown passes and five interceptions before giving way to Kaepernick

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of big moves involving the 49ers, Vikings, Seahawks and the Ravens ...

... NFL notebook: Boldin, Harvin are sent on new routes

‘‘Anquan (set to move to the 49ers) was a great receiver for myself and for our football team,’’ said quarterback Joe Flacco, who signed a six-year, $120.6 million deal with the Ravens last week. ‘‘It’s sad to see a guy like that go, but at the same time, you want what’s best for him and you just wish him the best of luck.’’

League MVP Adrian Peterson was not thrilled about the pending departure of Harvin. ‘‘The best all around player I ever seen or you’ll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!’’ Peterson posted on Twitter.

Edited by Macca