NFL

Dappa Dan

Once again, the TV games ...

Monday

5.00am Kansas City at Washington (OneHD)

5.00am Indianapolis at Cincinnati (Fox2)

8.05am Tennessee at Denver (Fox2)

8.25am Seattle at San Francisco (OneHD)

12.30pm Carolina at New Orleans (OneHD & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Dallas at Chicago (ESPN)

... all the other week 14 games

and ... The ESPN 2013 NFL Power Rankings: Week 14

Pretty entertaining round of football. The snow brings out the best of what the nfl can offer sometimes. Two point conversion attempts and a lot of 4th down attempts made for some good viewing. Vikings take the lead with a TD and 40 seconds left on the clock and lose. AP is hurt and is pi55ed off that Baltimore fans were throwing snow balls all day.

Packers are still in the hunt with a one point win after Ryan throws a late pick. Can't believe they can still make but good on em. Dallas played their December brand of ball. I tipped them too that's a mistake. The skins got whooped and it looks like shanahan won't commit to being the coach next year. RG3 may be benched for cousins. They have had a shocker of a year. Another knee injury and its the "Gronk" so it's all about no tackles at the knees next year.

Bit tricky trying to tip 3 road winners in the completed games this week - there were only 2 road winners! At first glance it looks a lot easier this week.

The points tally ...

6 - Strafford

5 - cowboy from hell

4 - pantaloons

3 - Macca

1 - DemonDave, Gorgoroth

0 - 45HG, Norm Smith's Curse, Arrow, bananas

... week 15 games

Pretty entertaining round of football. The snow brings out the best of what the nfl can offer sometimes. Two point conversion attempts and a lot of 4th down attempts made for some good viewing. Vikings take the lead with a TD and 40 seconds left on the clock and lose. AP is hurt and is pi55ed off that Baltimore fans were throwing snow balls all day.

Packers are still in the hunt with a one point win after Ryan throws a late pick. Can't believe they can still make but good on em. Dallas played their December brand of ball. I tipped them too that's a mistake. The skins got whooped and it looks like shanahan won't commit to being the coach next year. RG3 may be benched for cousins. They have had a shocker of a year. Another knee injury and its the "Gronk" so it's all about no tackles at the knees next year.

Your Vikes have played quite well in the last 6 weeks - just can't convert it to wins. By contrast, the Packers have been mostly awful ... miraculously, we're only a half game back. I have absolutely no idea how our division will end up :)

In the rest of the League, there's still a bit to play out with regards to seedings and wild cards. Seattle and the Saints should end up being the 1 and 2 seeds respectively in the NFC whilst the 49ers and the Panthers would be favoured to pick up the wild cards.

Denver should hold onto the 1 seed in the AFC. The Colts will probably be the 4 seed and KC should be the wild-card 5 seed. However, anything can happen in this League.

The Pats will miss Gronk big time and they're now in danger of losing the 2 seed. If the Bengals can draw level on wins, they'll hold the advantage against New England in the tie-break.

The snow game in Philadelphia was amazing - here are the highlights for those haven't seen them already ... Lions @ Eagles

Edited by Macca

I'll take Seattle, San Francisco and New Orleans this week thanks. Was going to wait to see if McGroin was at QB for Oakland but I'm happy with those. If any of them lose there are serious seeding consequences for them so they shouldn't be slacking off.

Your Vikes have played quite well in the last 6 weeks - just can't convert it to wins. By contrast, the Packers have been mostly awful ... miraculously, we're only a half game back. I have absolutely no idea how our division will end up :)

In the rest of the League, there's still a bit to play out with regards to seedings and wild cards. Seattle and the Saints should end up being the 1 and 2 seeds respectively in the NFC whilst the 49ers and the Panthers would be favoured to pick up the wild cards.

Denver should hold onto the 1 seed in the AFC. The Colts will probably be the 4 seed and KC should be the wild-card 5 seed. However, anything can happen in this League.

The Pats will miss Gronk big time and they're now in danger of losing the 2 seed. If the Bengals can draw level on wins, they'll hold the advantage against New England in the tie-break.

The snow game in Philadelphia was amazing - here are the highlights for those haven't seen them already ... Lions @ Eagles

The NFC north was a done deal a month ago with Detroit looking to be far too good. It will once again go down to the wire. The Pats without Gronk will struggle but whilst Brady is throwing they are always in the hunt. I didn't take too much out of San Fran winning at home. Try doing that in Seattle. RG3 is being rested for the rest of the year now. Just a shocker for the skins.

The NFC north was a done deal a month ago with Detroit looking to be far too good. It will once again go down to the wire. The Pats without Gronk will struggle but whilst Brady is throwing they are always in the hunt. I didn't take too much out of San Fran winning at home. Try doing that in Seattle. RG3 is being rested for the rest of the year now. Just a shocker for the skins.

NFC North is so hard to read. Detroit should have sewn it up over the last few weeks; the Tampa Bay loss was huge. If Rodgers is back this week, the Packers, only 0.5 behind Detroit, are a chance.

I don't rate the Patriots; they can't keep coming back from deficits all the time, especially without Gronkowski. Mind you, I also worry about Denver in the playoffs, they concede way too much even to the lesser sides. So I'm not sure how the AFC is going to go down.

I took a fair bit out of us beating Seattle. Obviously we'll have to beat them in Seattle to progress in the playoffs, but now we have a bit of belief that we can in fact do that. Our defence really stood up when it needed to, and we found some ways through on offence. Confidence booster more than anything (also an enormously handy win).

NFC North is so hard to read. Detroit should have sewn it up over the last few weeks; the Tampa Bay loss was huge. If Rodgers is back this week, the Packers, only 0.5 behind Detroit, are a chance.

I don't rate the Patriots; they can't keep coming back from deficits all the time, especially without Gronkowski. Mind you, I also worry about Denver in the playoffs, they concede way too much even to the lesser sides. So I'm not sure how the AFC is going to go down.

I took a fair bit out of us beating Seattle. Obviously we'll have to beat them in Seattle to progress in the playoffs, but now we have a bit of belief that we can in fact do that. Our defence really stood up when it needed to, and we found some ways through on offence. Confidence booster more than anything (also an enormously handy win).

The AFC really is a bit of a mess isn't it. Denver and New England just don't fill you with confidence the way they play defense and no Gronk takes the pats offense down a peg. They have to do something about targetting knees. Not just a fine but a straight hit to the knee of a defenseless receiver should be a week off. Indy are shot and at the end of the day it's still Andy Dalton at QB for the Bengals. Can he beat one of Brady or Manning in the play offs? I'd say so. But two in a row like the ravens did last year? KC are every shot to beat Indy week 1 but then how do they beat Denver? They've tried twice and can't. And the last wildcard - Miami or Balltimore maybe, they shouldn't beat the bengals.

The 49ers struggle the same way that Cinncinatti do when you talk about beating good teams 2 weeks in a row. They're every chance to beat whoever they come up against week 1 from the NFC North or East but then likely taking on New Orleans before then getting Seattle (or vice versa) - good luck with that. The play offs always throw up surprises but with their records at home I can't see how the NFC championship game wont be played at either New Orleans or more likely Seattle and how the home team wont win. I suppose the biggest factor is injuries that's about it.

TV games ...

Friday

12.30pm San Diego at Denver (ESPN)

Monday

5.00am New England at Miami (Fox2)

5.00am Houston at Indianapolis (OneHD)

8.25am Green Bay at Dallas (Fox2)

8.25am Arizona at Tennessee (OneHD)

12.30pm Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (OneHD & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Baltimore at Detroit (ESPN)

All the other week 15 games

Tips

Arizona

Seattle

San Francisco

How in the name of Warren Moon do we end up with Houston v Indy on TV?

Gorgoroth must be over the moon with every Redskins loss given their first rounder is going to the Rams.

Master, you're right - we won't beat Denver. But I'm more concerned with getting to the playoffs healthy. If we win a playoff game forst the first time in my memory, then it's been a raging success of a season. After Denver's disgraceful choke against Baltimore at home last year I doubt they'll be susceptible to similar malarkey this year, but we can't look any further than our next opponent.

The 3,4,5 and 6 seeds in the NFC are probably going to have to go through New Orleans and Seattle. Big ask for a road team to win at either venue. The NFC Championship match-up looks almost set but stranger things have happened. Last year I was convinced that the Pats and Broncos would meet for the AFC Championship but the Ravens shot that theory down! :)

What I'm waiting for or maybe hoping for is a team outside the Saints and Seahawks to get hot. Might be Philadelphia - they're now 8 and 5 (and they've won their last 5) No big scalps but they're no.1 for rushing yards. If they get in they might cause some headaches. Baltimore in the AFC are the other team that could create some issues if they secure a spot.

And have a guess who the back-up is for Kirk Cousins? ... Rex Grossman!

How in the name of Warren Moon do we end up with Houston v Indy on TV?

Gorgoroth must be over the moon with every Redskins loss given their first rounder is going to the Rams.

Master, you're right - we won't beat Denver. But I'm more concerned with getting to the playoffs healthy. If we win a playoff game forst the first time in my memory, then it's been a raging success of a season. After Denver's disgraceful choke against Baltimore at home last year I doubt they'll be susceptible to similar malarkey this year, but we can't look any further than our next opponent.

Out of the early games, I'd much rather be watching any of the games involving San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago or Philadelphia. The Colts probably won't move from the 4 seed and Houston are just terrible.

There's 9 road teams who are favourites this week - a lot of match-ups where it's good team @ average/poor team. I can see a few teams slipping up which could open up the play-off race. Weather is now a factor as well.

St Louis would be most pleased ^_^ Washington are in a bit of a mess but they might lift for the Dallas game in week 16. They'd like nothing better than to derail the Cowboys season.

... bleacher report - power rankings for week 15

Edited by Macca

Go redskins!!!!

Keep RG3 in, he is in stellar form, we have pick 2... Ha ha

That is an awesome outcome for your boys. It must be nice to capitalise on the misery of washington this year with their pick.

The 3,4,5 and 6 seeds in the NFC are probably going to have to go through New Orleans and Seattle. Big ask for a road team to win at either venue. The NFC Championship match-up looks almost set but stranger things have happened. Last year I was convinced that the Pats and Broncos would meet for the AFC Championship but the Ravens shot that theory down! :)

What I'm waiting for or maybe hoping for is a team outside the Saints and Seahawks to get hot. Might be Philadelphia - they're now 8 and 5 (and they've won their last 5) No big scalps but they're no.1 for rushing yards. If they get in they might cause some headaches. Baltimore in the AFC are the other team that could create some issues if they secure a spot.

And have a guess who the back-up is for Kirk Cousins? ... Rex Grossman!

Out of the early games, I'd much rather be watching any of the games involving San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago or Philadelphia. The Colts probably won't move from the 4 seed and Houston are just terrible.

There's 9 road teams who are favourites this week - a lot of match-ups where it's good team @ average/poor team. I can see a few teams slipping up which could open up the play-off race. Weather is now a factor as well.

St Louis would be most pleased ^_^ Washington are in a bit of a mess but they might lift for the Dallas game in week 16. They'd like nothing better than to derail the Cowboys season.

... bleacher report - power rankings for week 15

Last year I think we all thought Denver would walk through tho the AFC championship game. Baltimore put an end to that and you are right they could again. Carolina could pull a Baltimore and get hot in the playoffs. If Cam fires up you never know.

Philly

Seattle

KC

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

Must say today's game was a shock to me.

Yep, Chargers now back in the mix (sort of) Their last 2 are both at home (vs Oakland and vs KC) Miami edge them on the tie-break. Baltimore have the advantage within the conference (right now)

Denver losing opens a door - the Pats can claim the 1 seed (but they might have to win out)

Last year I think we all thought Denver would walk through tho the AFC championship game. Baltimore put an end to that and you are right they could again. Carolina could pull a Baltimore and get hot in the playoffs. If Cam fires up you never know.

Philly

Seattle

KC

Yeah, you'd reckon that the Panthers will at least get a wild-card spot and so to the 49ers. San Francisco have a lot of weapons and might be coming into their best form. A lot might depend on Kaepernick - when he's on, they look a really good team. Carolina are more than capable on their day.

But the problem with the NFC is the huge home field advantage that Seattle and New Orleans have. Upsets occur though and not many were giving the Chargers a chance today. As they say ... "Any Given Sunday"

Once again, the TV games ...

Monday

5.00am New England at Miami (Fox2)

5.00am Houston at Indianapolis (OneHD)

8.25am Green Bay at Dallas (Fox2)

8.25am Arizona at Tennessee (OneHD)

12.30pm Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (OneHD & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Baltimore at Detroit (ESPN)

All the other week 15 games