NFL

Dappa Dan

52 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Happy days @Dappa Dan - on the board!!

I felt for sure I'd mozzed us when @Macca pointed out my mistake.

2 hours ago, Maxwell Edison MD said:

OMG, just watched the Titans v Eagles game, can't believe we got up, especially after quite possibly the most boring game I've ever seen last week against the Jags. Titan Up! 

No doubt about it that was a great, great win by your boys. Eagles sucked but take nothing away from Mariota. That had to be earned and they did it.

• Like 1

Damn ... forgot to record today's game - hate that.  Did the whole media blackout etc,  just got home,  turned on the tele and there's nothin'.  Not gonna make it til 11.30pm so I'll just have to make do with the highlights.  Must have been some kind of comeback by KC led by Mahomes yeah?

Leaderboard in the Comp

1 - Dr. Gonzo,  Clintosaurus,  Dappa Dan

0 - The usual gang

A big 2 points up for grabs for week 5 ... I'm posting up the games early to get it all out of the way.   Tuesday evenings it will be then - probably late in the evening generally.  Not sure there's many standout road winners though (again)

Guess the Lines Week 5 With Cousin Sal | The Bill Simmons Podcast (Ep. 422)

image.thumb.png.341422836b6afd304b0031415e0cc1bc.png

Edited by Macca

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

KC just kept getting big plays after the broncos D put them into multiple long distance downs... they look the goods.

Seems stopping Mahomes from scrambling to the right is the key to shutting him down. If it is possible. Guess Sacksonville will give it a red hot crack next Monday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

I’ve not been very impressed with Jacksonville this year. I expected more. Maybe too much.

I've liked what I've seen. Still think they'll be there in the AFC championship game.

4 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Seems stopping Mahomes from scrambling to the right is the key to shutting him down. If it is possible. Guess Sacksonville will give it a red hot crack next Monday.

Gee Mahomes makes me think of Rodgers... @Macca Thoughts?

42 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

They will be there abouts but I just expected more. Maybe marking them too hard 

Probably should be 4-0 but the Tacks get us every [censored] time. As long as the D keep the opposition to a low score Bortles doesn't have to do too much. Fournette hardly taking the field does not help. He may not be back until Week 10.

4 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

I've liked what I've seen. Still think they'll be there in the AFC championship game.

Gee Mahomes makes me think of Rodgers... @Macca Thoughts?

I've quite literally only seen some highlights of the bloke ... missed yesterday's game so will have to wait until week 6 when KC are at the Pats (SNF) to watch him in a full game. 

1 hour ago, Macca said:

I've quite literally only seen some highlights of the bloke ... missed yesterday's game so will have to wait until week 6 when KC are at the Pats (SNF) to watch him in a full game. 

It's only a very loose assessment. He's a great improviser and mover when he strafes and throws on the run. His QB rating is a whopping 125, and it only goes down to 90 when under pressure. But that's probably the only comparison to Rodgers. Rodgers probably the way bigger deep ball.

5 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

They will be there abouts but I just expected more. Maybe marking them too hard 

I see what you mean. I had them only thereabouts... I feel like you had them very high. Expectation the culprit.

Gee hasn't the league stood up and taken notice of what we knew a year ago. Rams are the best team in footy.

8 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I see what you mean. I had them only thereabouts... I feel like you had them very high. Expectation the culprit.

Gee hasn't the league stood up and taken notice of what we knew a year ago. Rams are the best team in footy.

The best... still not convinced. Eagles are reigning SB champs and have Wentz back, not in top form yet, but building, Pats are the Pats, Steelers seem to have hit a wall and no bell to ring shows how much they relied on him. But he will play from game 8 it seems.

Chiefs O is insane, their D not so great. 

Rams are good, getting quite worried about the injuries mounting with Easley now going onto IR.

Hope we get Brockers back in the next few weeks.

Titans, Ravens, Packers

I've struggled with time to watch much this season, started a new job 6 months ago & moved out of home 12 months ago so really struggling with time to watch much at all. Barely get time to watch the Falcons so have hardly been across the rest of the comp. Disappointing ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Eagles are reigning SB champs and have Wentz back, not in top form yet, but building,

Chiefs O is insane, their D not so great. 

You haven't been watching Eagles lol. They're not what they were last year. OL was disgraceful on the weekend. Johnson the All pro right tackle has fallen off a cliff completely. Wentz was hit something like 13 times. And their D line isn't getting to the QB, which is putting pressure on the secondary. All their worst fears are coming to pass.

I love Chiefs. No doubt their D could improve, and should. But with an offense like that with Hunt, Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. That's terrifying.

• Like 1

So I usually try and watch NFL live each day, I IQ it and watch it when I get home, but with the changes this year Im Struggling to enjoy it as much, my fav Louis riddick is gone and ever week Josina is on and she annoys the bloody hell outta me.

Sigh

6 hours ago, layzie said:

Been a rough week, forgot to do my tips. Can I still pick from the remaining games @Macca

You can put  your tips in anytime layz ... just so long as the 3 games involved haven't commenced.