NFL

Dappa Dan

Apart from the BS Report with Cousin Sal, Bill Simmons conducted a podcast with Larry David last week ... aside from chatting about the 'Seinfeld' and 'Curb your Enthusiasm' days, Larry has a few things to say about sports in general (including some interesting thoughts about his NFL team - the Jets) ... BS Report with Larry David

Friday

12.30pm Tennessee 2/12 at Jacksonville 2/12 (ESPN)

Sunday

8.30am Philadelphia 9/5 at Washington 3/11 (ESPN)

12.30pm San Diego 8/6 at San Francisco 7/7 (ESPN)

Monday

5.00am - 11.30am RedZone (ESPN)

5.00am Kansas City 8/6 at Pittsburgh 9/5 (7mate)

8.30am Indianapolis 10/4 at Dallas 10/4 (7mate)

12.30pm Seattle 10/4 at Arizona 11/3 (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Denver 11/3 at Cincinnati 9/4/1 (ESPN)

All the week 16 games (remembering that this week we play for 1 point in the comp but week 17 carries 3 points)

Leaderboard

4 - Dappa Dan

3 - JV7, Go the Biff, Georgiou R. R. Martin

2 - pantaloons, Macca

1 - cowboy_from_hell, Gorgoroth

Philli

Green bay

New England

Cant wait for todays game it should be a cracker!...

As I was typing in the 2/12 records for both teams I kept thinking ... why am I doing this for this game?

Tony Kornheiser described the game as the worst ever match-up in prime time and called it a G.O game (gamblers only) Thankfully, the rest of the TV games hold a lot of interest - looking forward to the 2 Sunday games.

I missed it. The thing that I thought was going to make it truly terrible was that is wasn't just two 2 and 12 teams but a predictable result. Jax thing they have their QB and are at home. They needed to win and had motive to win. Once Tenn lost to the Jets they had to tank this one. They are now heavy rivals with Tampa for the number 1 pick. You'd have to think the Raiders (as the third 2 win team) would back Carr in and trade it to either Tenn or Tampa as well. Anyway, that's for another day.

Feeling pretty confident this week:

Green Bay - See above re Tampa

Detroit - Clausen might give the Bears a kick along, but this team has packed it in for the year

New England

Could've tipped Philly, Buffalo, Seattle or Denver (Dalton melts in Prime Time) as well.

Might have to be a bit late for work in the morning, playoff shaping games left, right n centre. For me think I don't know what to expect for the falcons/saints game who knows which sides will show up.. Were only a chance if julio is active. Can't wait for the morning

I'd be interested to see who in this forum would feel worse. Supporters of teams who were kept out all year and will pick early in the draft, or supporters of teams that should be in the playoffs?

I don't know how to take the Rams year TBH, losing the QB again, very very slow start defensively, blowing big leads in games v cowboys and cards, we should be there abouts, but we did play 9 games with a third string QB.

I'd think you'd have to be relatively happy with the season considering you QB situation... A win this week against the giants and a 7 win season would be a good effort.. Plus a big scalp with the win of the broncos. On the eagles gee there been dissapointing lately, season on the line and they drop that to the redskins, not to mention I had an invested intrest in them winning there divison

I'd be interested to see who in this forum would feel worse. Supporters of teams who were kept out all year and will pick early in the draft, or supporters of teams that should be in the playoffs?

Hard luck today Dappa ... you're not completely done yet as Dallas would probably still have to win 1 of their last 2 games. If Murray is out for them then they're not assured of winning either of their last 2. I guess it's a fair bit to hope for but Washington would like nothing more than to help knock Dallas out.

We've seen weird things happen in the NFC East before and can you imagine the pressure on Dallas if they lose to the Colts tomorrow? Of course, your blokes still have to defeat the Giants to have any chance.

I'm still not sold on Dallas ... they'd have to win at least 1 playoff game for me to start buying in.

Or you could have it my way.. Still a chance for the playoffs late in the season but if things go wrong still have a relatively high pick haha

It ain't over for Philly yet. Missed FG's always hurt and RG3 still has a strong arm when Jackson is getting loose. When you expect Dallas to win they lose.

For me I find early draft picks in the NFL are a bit amusing. A top 5 pick gets you thinking of picking up a superstar and instead you select a right tackle. It's not that sexy sometimes. With all the talk of the QB's in the draft we traded down to pick 9 and selected linebacker Anthony Barr. He has had a very good year. Vikes will be around pick 13-18 in the first round. I'm hoping for a WR but we will probably take a lineman. In short I'd rather win games.

• Like 1

I'd think you'd have to be relatively happy with the season considering you QB situation... A win this week against the giants and a 7 win season would be a good effort.. Plus a big scalp with the win of the broncos.

Broncos was a great win, but I'm sick of having good wins and still not getting a winning year let alone into the play offs.

FFS, I follow Melbourne, Bolton Wanderers and the Rams and none are any bloody good!!!!!

• Like 2

Broncos was a great win, but I'm sick of having good wins and still not getting a winning year let alone into the play offs.

FFS, I follow Melbourne, Bolton Wanderers and the Rams and none are any bloody good!!!!!

Your Rams have fought it out pretty well though. Some division wins are nice and in your division it's even sweeter. Vikes have no division wins and have only beaten some spud teams and then your lot Round 1. Hell it took till overtime to beat the Jets. I understand your frustration as you have been building for a while and you now want to see some playoff games. I think it will come when a fit and capable QB is there. You seem to have most of the other pieces in place.

Monday

5.00am - 11.30am RedZone (ESPN)

5.00am Kansas City 8/6 at Pittsburgh 9/5 (7mate)

8.30am Indianapolis 10/4 at Dallas 10/4 (7mate)

12.30pm Seattle 10/4 at Arizona 11/3 (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Denver 11/3 at Cincinnati 9/4/1 (ESPN)

All the week 16 games

The Sports Guy’s Week 16 Picks

Colts (+3.5) over COWBOYS

Look, I don’t love the Colts, either. But if you think Andrew Luck can’t …

1. Win this game by himself against a team with a lousy defense, a banged-up QB, a running back with a broken hand, a legacy of December misfortune and no home-field advantage whatsoever, and

2. Give you a garbage-time backdoor cover TD pass down 10 with 65 seconds remaining,

… then I don’t know what to tell you.

Seahawks (-9) over CARDINALS

They can’t make this line high enough. And why?

Q: Wait a minute… Oh God… It can’t be… that’s… that’s Ryan Lindley’s music!!
—Ryan, Des Moines

BS: Noooooooooooo! Noooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooooooo! MY GOD, RYAN LINDLEY IS CLEANING HOUSE! HE CAN’T STOP THROWING THE BALL TO SEATTLE! Wait, so what would Ryan Lindley’s entrance music be? Wouldn’t it have to be “Better Man” by Pearl Jam? Literally, they can’t find a better man.

For me I find early draft picks in the NFL are a bit amusing. A top 5 pick gets you thinking of picking up a superstar and instead you select a right tackle. It's not that sexy sometimes. With all the talk of the QB's in the draft we traded down to pick 9 and selected linebacker Anthony Barr. He has had a very good year. Vikes will be around pick 13-18 in the first round. I'm hoping for a WR but we will probably take a lineman. In short I'd rather win games.

But you look at the Cowboys who nailed 3 O line picks in a short time period and have now really rode their O line to what looks like a playoff appearance.

That said I think the difference between a top pick and bottom pick is smaller than in the AFL. You just need to find a guy who wins his position and there are more at the top but they come throughout the rounds of the draft.

So yeah I'd much rather win the games as well. The one difference is obviously the Quarterback. You only need to look at the Colts going straight from Manning to Luck to see that if there's a QB to be had you may as well tank. Same with Washington. If they had pick 2 and took Griffen it would've saved them a swag of picks that could've given them some much needed depth and RG3 probably would've been heading towards a solid future as at least a midlevel QB.

• Like 1

But you look at the Cowboys who nailed 3 O line picks in a short time period and have now really rode their O line to what looks like a playoff appearance.

That said I think the difference between a top pick and bottom pick is smaller than in the AFL. You just need to find a guy who wins his position and there are more at the top but they come throughout the rounds of the draft.

So yeah I'd much rather win the games as well. The one difference is obviously the Quarterback. You only need to look at the Colts going straight from Manning to Luck to see that if there's a QB to be had you may as well tank. Same with Washington. If they had pick 2 and took Griffen it would've saved them a swag of picks that could've given them some much needed depth and RG3 probably would've been heading towards a solid future as at least a midlevel QB.

Completely agree on the O line picks. Like I said they aren't that sexy but can transform a power running game. Those QB picks are so tricky. A 1st round QB can be a massive bust (Ponder) and it seems teams were gun shy to go after a QB early after Bortles went at 3. Indy had to tank a whole season to get Luck. It was well worth it though. To me the best case of back to back franchise QB's is Favre to Rodgers. How good would that be? It has tortured your bears and my vikes for a decade now.

The colts have the cue in the rack or dallas just too good ? Well today was perfect way to start the week, we were all over the saints and brees. Can't believe we sacked brees 5 times considering we'd only has 16 for the year coming in! Anyway another do or die next week... I shouldn't get ahead of myself but will 7mate broadcast all playoff games does anyone know ? I go on holidays gotta try find a way to watch next week and hopefully a play off game

A few of us picked up a point in the comp ... 3 points on offer for the final week. I'm supposing we're going to see some left field picks for the last week - whatever it takes! Last year we had joint winners but I reckon we'll probably have a clear winner this time.

There's sure to be some road winners but the key might be picking those teams who have an incentive to win Week 17 games ... playoff machine

Leaderboard

5 - Dappa Dan

4 - Georgiou R. R. Martin

3 - JV7, Go the Biff, Macca

2 - pantaloons

1 - cowboy_from_hell, Gorgoroth