Our backup ruck saviour has emerged!

e25

Ok, not really...

But at the same time, I'm not sure that he's worse than most of the other options available.

Most that are better would cost too much and likely be superceded by Gawn/Fitzy by the time we challenge for something meaningful.

- And this is not the time to bring up old rumours about the Clokes and their questionable habits!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, not really...

But at the same time, I'm not sure that he's worse than most of the other options available.

Most that are better would cost too much and likely be superceded by Gawn/Fitzy by the time we challenge for something meaningful.

- And this is not the time to bring up old rumours about the Clokes and their questionable habits!

If he could not get a game for Port this year you would have to think he is ordinary at best.

No for mine, Rather keep PJ.

Ok, not really...

You need a break from demonland E25.

Cameron Cloke...?

We have the money to spend, so why wouldn't we chase someone like Hale and put him on a short contract whilst developing Gawn and Fitzy? (as long as it's not

ridiculous money).

You witnessed how long it took Jamar to develop into the player he is. Gawn and Fitzy are both as raw as I have ever seen and both need mountains of

work in the gym, on the track and learning the game before we can even begin to rate them as backups to Jamar. How can you even begin to predict that either

of them will likely be the second ruckmen behind Jamar by the time we are challenges?!

I would be trying to lure Hale for a decent price. It could do wonders to our structure. Fitzy and Gawn have got years of learning and I am more than happy to see

them putting it into practice at Casey.

Cameron Cloke...?

We have the money to spend, so why wouldn't we chase someone like Hale and put him on a short contract whilst developing Gawn and Fitzy? (as long as it's not

ridiculous money).

You witnessed how long it took Jamar to develop into the player he is. Gawn and Fitzy are both as raw as I have ever seen and both need mountains of

work in the gym, on the track and learning the game before we can even begin to rate them as backups to Jamar. How can you even begin to predict that either

of them will likely be the second ruckmen behind Jamar by the time we are challenges?!

I would be trying to lure Hale for a decent price. It could do wonders to our structure. Fitzy and Gawn have got years of learning and I am more than happy to see

Maybe you missed the part where I said "Ok, not really..."

The thing is, we need a CHEAP fill in for a couple of years.

That's it. We don't want someone who will chew up a load of cap space and cost a lot to bring in.

They are my only points.

Cloke would still be a last resort.

That's it. We don't want someone who will chew up a load of cap space and cost a lot to bring in.

They are my only points.

No no.

I got that. Your next line kind of contradicted the first line though.

I am guessing what you are saying is you are a fence sitter?

Why a cheap fill in when we could spend a bit and get somebody who

may actually turn out to be a great get?

I would not go near Cloke with a 10 ft pole. He has now been shafted by three clubs.

If we could get Hale for an affordable price I would be over the moon.

PJ will hopefully be moved on. Spencer and Martin seem like they are on the way down.

Then Gawn and Fitzy will develop and HOPEFULLY turn out better than Spence and Martin.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

E25 always quick to pay out everyone for their below par or poorly thought out posts has now suggested to save money and develop the team toward a grand final we want to waste a spot in the first 22 for a bloke who whilst at carlton fought for a spot in the bullants reserves and then played less than 10 games at port one of the worst team for 'talls' in the league.

ripper post pal

They are my only points.

No one missed it E but your double dipping with your own thoughts. 'ok not really, but at the same time' and tried to give reason why we would bring in a dud.

Geez, next you'll be asking for fake grass at AAMI because it's cheaper than the upkeep of grass!

Cameron Cloke...?

ridiculous money).

No Steve, I was saying that there aren't many good options out there and even fewer that I'd want to pay for.

And that I think we only need a big lump of crud to have the opposition beat up on for a couple of years.

I do not advocate getting Cloke.

It was / he is a joke.

No one missed it E but your double dipping with your own thoughts. 'ok not really, but at the same time' and tried to give reason why we would bring in a dud.

Geez, next you'll be asking for fake grass at AAMI because it's cheaper than the upkeep of grass!

I want better than Cloke, but I don't want to pay much more than you would for him.

I think the most impportant aspect is that we don't pay too much for this backup ruckman / forward lump.

E25 always quick to pay out everyone for their below par or poorly thought out posts has now suggested to save money and develop the team toward a grand final we want to waste a spot in the first 22 for a bloke who whilst at carlton fought for a spot in the bullants reserves and then played less than 10 games at port one of the worst team for 'talls' in the league.

ripper post pal

Use your brain next time 7, delve a little deeper.

I want better than Cloke, but I don't want to pay much more than you would for him.

I think the most impportant aspect is that we don't pay too much for this backup ruckman / forward lump.

E, your not letting any thought slip past being a thread, that's great but what do you see that we could gain out of this? I would suggest that Brad Miller would be deserved to be kept before we even thought of a Cloke.

Remember that great we had, Nick Smith? I'd rate him more than Cam Cloke.

Obviously we are all looking down the path to Gawn & Fitzy but you just never know, our kids could develop very quick and our shot at a flag could come quicker than we think. If it were to be quicker, I would much prefer to have invested a little more into say a Hale/Jamar tandem than a Cloke/Jamar.

I'm concerned that Hale's currency might go higher than it should, being a ruckman and potential forward target but if the price is right we should be all over him.

The most astonishing thing about Cloke is that he was an AFL listed player for as long as he was.

Very true.

And guys like E25 come along and believe the guy could resurrect our ruck stocks!! You do the math... basically Cloke + E25 = ludicrous squared.

Just like Hale, Cloke is a spud.

Delve a little deeper?

Paul Johnston is a better player then Cloke, Michael Newton is a better player then Cloke.

I would prefer Sylvia to be our forward ruckman than Cloke.

Just admit, you've committed an error. I know it hurts but you can say it.

Very true.

And guys like E25 come along and believe the guy could resurrect our ruck stocks!! You do the math... basically Cloke + E25 = ludicrous squared.

Just like Hale, Cloke is a spud.

Hey, don't try to paint me as an idiot just to take the heat off your racist rant.

(I can do that well enough myself.)

Delve a little deeper?

Paul Johnston is a better player then Cloke, Michael Newton is a better player then Cloke.

I would prefer Sylvia to be our forward ruckman than Cloke.

Just admit, you've committed an error. I know it hurts but you can say it.

I never advocated acquiring Cloke.

The error is yours alone.

The inability of some to read between the lines is shocking...

But I find it amusing I've built up such a following.

Thanks for coming guys. You've been gullible.

I'll be here all week - try the fish.