The leaked emblem ...

Reality Bus

Has anyone twittered cam schwab about this sure he would be interested! It is a shame it got out but on the other hand it's fanbloodytastic!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so the new emblem got leaked today. i've seen it, but i'm not going to post it. i don't want others to post it. not even a link. the club will release it officially when they are ready.

my question is, what is the legality of posting this emblem? it was published on a government trademark website. the person who leaked it was apparently looking for information regarding the gold coast, and stumbled upon it. have they breached any laws by posting it? if the logo was just leaked via a link, is this any different to posting it as an image (as it has been hosted on another website, eg imageshack?). would the website that it has been leaked on have any onus to remove it?

purely interested.

ps. it's a magnificent logo

I haven't seen it, & don't care to, Until the Club is happy to release It.

ref Trade Mark : 1367869

why does the AFL own this ?? Surely this is the Club's...not theirs ?

Sent a tweet this morning but tumble weeds so far.

he just tweeted:

CamSchwab: I have received a few tweets about leaking of the emblem. Disappointing, but there is a copyright processes we are required to follow

not happy that this has got out now the more i think about it. Although I wanted to I could have easily waited whatever it will be, will be in the HS tomorrow and the AGE as well you would think.

One thinks Melbourne should do the release soonish if they do show it tomorrow. Stupid Internet!!

it looks quite good actually, i think we should change our away strip to the MFC carlton symbol style thing in the middle of the jersey. i mention it because its on the new logo.

i seem to recall a vote on mfc.com for which jumper with the demon and the mfc logo, and the demon jumper got up and thus we are wearing it.

I was hoping for something more hip and modern, similar to the logos Adelaide and Brisbane started using this year.

You're right, at this rate our logo will never be able to feature on an episode of The Weagles.

I was hoping for something more hip and modern, similar to the logos Adelaide and Brisbane started using this year.

Terrible those two!!

This is an awesome emblem even though I am biased. Southern Cross a bit similar to the Aus Cricket Team but altogether different from what any other AFL/Football club has while still keeping within the theme/spirit of the game and more pleasing the club. It is recognisable to demons such as us & others.

It's a beauty!

I liked it before, even more now.

Pity it was leaked... but after studying some business law subjects at uni, it can hardly be called "leaked" per se.

Once a trademark has been registered (whether it's a logo, text etc), it then becomes available to the public. To do otherwise is against the law.

The logo was, thus, merely shared around in an open forum (i.e. the public) by a single member of said public.

I guess, out of respect for the MFC, we have decided to perhaps keep this new emblem under wraps for the time being as a bit of "hush hush".

I love the design and a lot is happening within the design itself. Very modern and well thought out.

My question is... where will this emblem be displayed?? Obviously it won't be our new Demons logo or be put on our jumper... so will it be on corporate items and letterheads etc?

Go Dees! Great initiative! It's a sign we're going places for sure.

The Lollipop Lion is hip?

hahah, you mean paddle pop lion.

really happy with what the club has come up with, was expecting a demon but happy none the less. Cant wait for the launch!

Obviously it won't be our new Demons logo or be put on our jumper... so will it be on corporate items and letterheads etc?

Can't see why it wouldn't be used everywhere the emblem is used, maybe remove the writing underneath at times, on clothing etc?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.