Garland Injured

Ryan Dee

Am I correct in saying that's it's only really a 4-6 week injury and only requires a minor bout of surgery???

One of my friends had his meniscus operated on and doesn't seem to have many prolonged effects.

Doesn't sound too serious. This year is a big just getting confidence back in his body year. I really havent been overly impressed by him this year but def not about to jump off his bandwagon.

I don't expect Garland to be back to his best until next year, but he is crucial to our long term defence.

in 2008 he was our best defender.

Now he is part of a team of Frawley, Warnock, Grimes, Rivers and then Garland who can play equally on talls, smalls and mediums.

Garland is the best match up for any tricky medium sized forwards which play such an important role in modern footy.

Go dees

Hope its not serious he is very important and i like what i have seen from him this year so far condidering he didnt play last year and has had some pretty big jobs already this year

Hope its not serious he is very important and i like what i have seen from him this year so far condidering he didnt play last year and has had some pretty big jobs already this year

+1 he seems to be getting more confident and improving every game.

Apparantly it was only a jarred knee had scans and got the all clear for any structual damage according to SEN today. 50/50 for this weekend

Apparantly it was only a jarred knee had scans and got the all clear for any structual damage according to SEN today. 50/50 for this weekend

Fantastic news!

We could really use him against Carlton and Collingwood's small forwards.

That's about as good as we could have hoped for.

I agree with sylvinator when he says that it's likely to be next year when Garland really starts playing some good footy again - he missed a heap of football with his foot injury.

Fantastic news!

We could really use him against Carlton and Collingwood's small forwards.

I agree he is a very important player too our backline equal to Warnock and Frawley IMO for that exact reason

That's about as good as we could have hoped for.

I agree with sylvinator when he says that it's likely to be next year when Garland really starts playing some good footy again - he missed a heap of football with his foot injury.

It's a miracle he has been able to get back on an AFL ground without losing pace or skills, but yes it will take him a while to get back into top gear again.

He is such a smart footballer, and such a versatile player he is easily in our top 10 most important players of the future IMHO.