THE OLD, THE YOUNG AND THE IN BETWEEN

Demonland

Can I ask, why you think it is the most important game since 2006 ?

We've won 2 in a row, it's on the big stage on a Saturday night in front of a big crowd, against a good, flying team. It's the best chance we've had for our new, young crop to play against tough opposition while we're on a roll. It's their biggest challenge. Nothing between 2007-2009 was as important as this.

it's on the big stage on a Saturday night in front of a big crowd, against a good, flying team. It's the best chance we've had for our new, young crop to play against tough opposition......

Given the debacle of Round 1 I would have thought our game against Collingwood in Round 2 against against a bigger crowd would have been as bigger hurdle.

But I am sure we can justify each week as our [biggest]/[most important] game since 2006.

Melbourne could win the flag and you guys would find a negative. Two that TWO great wins and more to come. We can and will beat The Lions on sat night, oh but i guess that just them having a bad week.

Oh and the Tigers did not play that bad on Sunday we just played better.

If our midfield can play with the same intensity and skill it has over the last 3 weeks-we are a chance to win, Let's Hope Beamer is allowed to play.

To Gain Respect the Club must learn to win Big Games, so i am looking forward to this game very much.

How Bails Coaches, whether our team is over awed etc etc.

FWIW i would just worry about Melbourne if i was Bails, not so much about the Bears.

If we have Possession of the Ball, they don't.

Back Yourself Demons-Believe in yourselves and our President.

Big Crowd will be there Saturday-Let's make those Bears feel very unwelcome... B)

Melbourne could win the flag and you guys would find a negative. Two that TWO great wins and more to come. We can and will beat The Lions on sat night, oh but i guess that just them having a bad week.

Oh and the Tigers did not play that bad on Sunday we just played better.

Were you at the game? They couldn't hit a target to save their lives.

The thing here is a "win" for us would be if we came into this game thinking we could win, and went out there playing our hearts out with the belief we can win. I want to see a bloody good contest! A win would be considered the bonus as I am not expecting one. They are way too big and strong at this stage, have twin towers and are unbeaten. Stranger things have happened though.... (edit; barring some kind of steven bradbury like scenario where they all fall over, stranger things won't happen)

Edited by nostradeemus

I said before the Collingwood game that we wouldn't get close even if we played well.

I feel the same way, but we showed we are good enough against the Pies, and we'll be riding a wave of confidence, something we didn't have in Round 2.

Also, Brisbane have 4 wins from 4 games, but 3 of those wins were at the Gabba. One was against West Coast (hardest road trip in the comp), one was against Carlton (nothing to brag about there) and one was against a tired Bulldogs team coming off a 6 day break (good win though). The other was against Port, who are either hot or terrible.

If we get thrashed by Brisbane I will be down but it won't lessen the fact that we have improved on last year, WHILE GETTING YOUNGER.

I am so sick of these 'goal post moving fans' who simply want to be the sane one in the asylum who 'expects more than the rest of you' and are 'not as easily impressed.'

Oh, yeah. You guys are amazing how you can point out that we still turn the ball over and that we hurt us against a team that hasn't lost a game.

Melbourne supporters...

If I didn't love you guys, I'd hate you guys.

Just enjoy the ride, you goram clogs.

This is Melbourne's most important game since 2006.

Come off it - it's not even the most important game since round 1 this year!

Putting in a stirring performance versus Collingwood was pretty important for the morale of players, the Club and even fans, given the smashing versus Hawthorn.

It'll be nice to do well, but we're not a particularly good side at the moment and I hope fans aren't getting carried away by two wins.

A hard fought loss against Brisbane like the Collingwood game would not be the end of the world

A Pathetic loss against Brisbane like the Hawthorn game and we are back to Square one

If Melbourne was ever going to really produce a upset the oppurtunity at least on paper is there.

Confidence is strong

Belief in themsleves is strong

Morale is High

The lions have to travel, we dont!

They just have to play hard all 4 quarters and I do mean all, if they can do that the posibility for a Upset is there

But if we only play 3/4 than the LIons will most definetly come out on top

Lets hope Bailey can help Get them over the line.

And for all of us as supporters, wouldnt that be a GREAT RESULT

A win, "no matter how much by", to just have that chance, is enough in itself to encourage supporters to attend

Its a game worth going to, and if we can get as many supportes there as possible hopefully that will give the boys that bit of extra support to help get them across the line or close to it.

Remember, one of Bailey's few wins in the last couple of years was against Brisbane on the MCG with Jonathan Brown in full flight. If I remember rightly, Wonna was on fire that day.

Go Dees