Demonland Draft: Closest to pin

H_T

If you are right I will love you forever - and I mean that.

Should say re- Buthcer & Tapscott

agreed hangon if spurs is right I say we nominate him for life membership on the mfc recruitment team!

I think it is a long long long shot as anyone can be well educated in the draft but no one ever really knows what each club is going to do in the moment so only time will tell. Fingers crossed for the next few couple of weeks!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think jack watts will be pretty happy bloke come the following thursday,,,media is going to have someone else to focus on,,,the media and everyone has been falling over themselves trying to tout who the next number #1 should be...and why...the number 1 draft pick gets 10k bonus,,,number 2 gets a 5k bonus...big deal when these guys will be on 400k contracts in a couple of years.

round 1 can't come quick enough! GO DEES!

The love affair with Liam Patrick on this forum is out of touch with reality.

We might be surprised:

In the red dirt Demon president delivers on promise

Then he said: ''We've got a responsibility for these kids we bring into our club. I really believe that.'' And so one day Jimmy Stynes appeared in the land.

Scully

Trengove

Butcher

Bartlett

Gawn

Patrick

==

Thorp

Disclaimer: a complete guess without any informed U18 analysis based entirely on hearsay

Edited by old55

1- J.Trengove

2 - T.Scully

11- D.Talia ( or Black )

18- N.Vardy ( or R.Bastinac )

34- L.Patrick ( Future banking )

50- M.Daw if still there ( Future banking )

PSD#1- M.Thorpe

1- J.Trengove

2 - T.Scully

11- D.Talia ( or Black )

PSD#1- M.Thorpe

i agree with your pick 1,2,11 and psd...

not sure about future banking on 34 and 50 given we have pushed newton and meesen on the rookie list - if nobody takes them. i would prefer to take quick players who are able to hit targets. preferably KPP.

Rookies are more for future banking...i would like to see spencer on the main list before Patrick and Daw.

my whole view with regard to taking some players as future banking is as compensation for the lack of opportunities ( that we know of ) in the next two years.

With our first 4 picks and PSd we will have a fair stock of talent-to-go with which to hone a more than decent team. There will be some drop outs and there will always be those that take a little longer. I simply fancy taking a couple of possible likely types who will need a bit more time and or development.

Patrick could surprise by stepping up to AFL level early, but he may be better if eased into it. Daw.. i think has ooodles of potential ...just need crafting into a good player.

Whilst it does seem a little arse abouts we can only work with what we have. In that the FD has cleared spaced for the ND as it realises it cant take some of theseguys in the past manner as rookies as they simply wont be there because of the GC and GWS...so you have to do things differently.

Spencer WILL more than likely get back about mid year .. Newton..well who knows

We will soon has a plateful of near six foot types who can play around the ground...We also need to take a couple who might be just a bit different. everyone always wants guarantees. There are none. Sometimes you have to be inventive and create your own opportunities and luck...sometimes you have to go out on a limb.

Just reading through phantom drafts on Big footy, if we take carlisle at 11 ill be furious!

Id be happy with him at 18 if he last but at 11 no thanks, Talia or Black or Butcher if he slides.

I disagree with you're thoughts on picking Carlisle at 11. I think he's certainly got more potential and has a higher ceiling than Talia and has superior flexibility than the other 2 at being able to play as a KPF or KPB. In saying that I'd personally like to see us take Black over Carlisle and Talia at 11. It's really going to come down to what sort of player we're after at 11 (or more precisely who is left) as we may end up taking another midfield should he be the best available at 11.

It's really going to come down to what sort of player we're after at 11 (or more precisely who is left) as we may end up taking another midfield should he be the best available at 11.

this is it.. We are masters of our destiny for two choices only after that its time to rejoin the game that is the draft.

I think Carlisle might just go earlyish..before our 11...so might Black. Hence Talia left...but would take Black if there.. simply suggesting Talia as I think he might be the one we get..as opposed to prefer.

I must confess I keep forgetting that there are still quite a few players to squeeze through before we get to 18. Just havent any real handle on what most other clubs will see as priority. They will determine our later picks to some extent.

Only 8 clubs are involved in the first 11 picks

and still 12 for first 18

its only at 39 all clubs have participated

the FD's have their work cut out

1. thomas

2. jack

11. black (or butcher if he is still available)

18. vardy (or ball?)

34. patrick (or bartlett if available)

50. grimes (or thorpe if available)

PSD 1: joel mcdonald

sad not to get: jetta, talia, majak daw, bartlett, thorpe, gawn

no interest in: kane tenace

my prefferred draft:

1. scully

2. trengove

11. black

18. bartlett (sorry vardy)

34. gawn or patrick

50. grimes or thorpe

PSD 1: MacDonald

sorry Ball!!

(edited on 19th of November) (edited again on 22nd November)

Edited by Nugget Jones

Have edited opening post of thread to include more references to particular threads & links to draftee candidates.

ie. One stop shop. :lol:

Mine: -

1- T.Scully

2- J.Trengove

11- L.Jetta*

18- R.Bastinac

34- T.Colyer / J.Thomas / B.Griffiths

50- K.Geary

PSD#1- J.MacDonald

*Jetta - if taken then.. Talia /.. Black

Edited by High Tower

Quote( Deeman @ Nov 15 2009,10:20AM )

1. Trengove

2. Scully

11. Talia

18. Ball

34. Gawn

50. Barlow

PSD. Thorp

Barlow is a talented VFL player with Werribee and he's my smokey.

(/quote )

Interesting Pick 50 Deeman. Was fortunate enough to see the night game of Werribee v Geelong when Ottens impressed before his AFL comeback. Watched Barlow closely, is impressive in midfield, good kick too. Left footer, classy. Polled high in the Liston. May be taken late. Reminds me a little of Dal Santo in posture and composure with the ball. Whether he gets picked in National Draft (late) or gets rookied, he is good enough to make it IMO.

Sam Mitchell is one who has previously won the Liston and made it in the AFL. Barlow may well follow suit.

Would he be much better than Valenti in your opinion?

Good question from left field. I guess what is in Barlow's favour is his height. Tall midfielder who can play up forward or be thrown down back for match-ups, more flexible. Valenti is limited in this department. On the other hand I would question Barlow's pace, and Valenti is better in and under. Answer: My view not much better. Prefer to see others. :)

Based on what may happen not what will happen

1 Sculley

2 Trengove

11 Tapscott

18 Panos

34 Grimes

50 Patrick

PSD Thorp

Would like to get another midfielder or small forward at 11 and would be happy to get Melksham or Lucas if Tapscott's not there.

Would be happy to get Talia or Black if Panos not there.

Would love to get Bastinac if Grimes not there but doubt he will be there by then anyway.

50 depends on who is there, if we are confident that we can get Patrick in the Rookie draft then see who else is available.

1. Scully

2. Trengove

11. Talia/Butcher

18. Bastinac (if gone, then Vardy)

34. Gawn

50. Patrick

PSD Thorp

I'm going with the general consensus that we need another tall, but for pick 18 i think Bastinac might still be around and I like this guy. I'd prefer Butcher, but reckon he'll go to Port (poor kid).If Talia and Butcher are gone, I reckon it'd mean a couple of good midfielders had slipped which would come into contention instead of the other KPP which are a little more uncertain (Black, Panos etc) I do recognise a massive need for a ruckman, and the moving of Meesen onto the rookie list suggests that a ruckman will be picked at some stage. I'd go for Gawn or Fitzpatrick, but I think Fitzpatrick might be gone by 34. and Patrick at 50 for sentimentalities sake.

Edited by Bringbackbarassi

1- J.Trengove

2 - T.Scully

11- D.Talia ( or Black )

PSD#1- M.Thorpe

1- J.Trengove

2 - T.Scully

11- D.Talia ( or Carlisle or Black )

18- J Craig ( or Colyer )

34- D Grimes

50- M.Daw if still there

Pre Season Draft - ????? Liam Patrick or whoever??

Edited by dee-luded

I might as well have a go at this although I must admit I don't have much idea past the early picks:

1.Scully

2.Trengove

11.Black

18.Carlisle

34.Gawn

50.Magic Door

PSD. Patrick

Whatever happens on draft night ,it will be "Party Time!" for the Demons and the faithfull.

I might as well have a go at this although I must admit I don't have much idea past the early picks:

Whatever happens on draft night ,it will be "Party Time!" for the Demons and the faithfull.

Me neither, but it's all fun.

Agree regarding draft night.