Melbourne Cricket Club

Whispering_Jack

It seems to me that a crucial aspect of our fight for survival these days is the strengthening our relationship with the MCC.

I'm just wondering how the talks on this are going or if they are anything is happening at all.

Looking at the MCC's performances in District Cricket, you can certainly see that success breeds success in terms of premierships and test and state cricketers produced by the club. As things stand today, Melbourne sits on top of the ladder after five rounds after scoring 6/224 (Andrew Kent 54) to beat North Melbourne (6/197) [and let's just say that it would be nice for a repeat of that result in Round 1 of the AFL next year]. Here's the ladder after Round 5:-

Pts (NRR)

Melbourne 19 (0.995)

Prahran 19 (0.726)

Ringwood 18 (0.470)

Camb Magpies 16 (0.337)

-------------------------

Northcote 16 (-0.029)

St Kilda 14 (0.298)

Carlton 14 (0.135)

Geelong 13 (0.760)

Haw-MU 12 (-0.251)

Melb Uni 9 (0.183)

Essendon 9 (0.085)

Fitz Donc 9 (-0.031)

Richmond 9 (-0.238)

Foot-Edge 8 (-0.257)

Nth Melb 4 (-0.379)

Frankston Pen 4 (-0.543)

Dandenong 4 (-0.677)

Casey-SM 0 (-1.578)

Gee...( with tongue firmly planted in cheek ) ..you'd reckon Admin would know where 'other sports' was !! lol :rolleyes:

As to the question..nupp..heard nada. Im wondering just what sort of relationship we ought to really expect after al this time and the differing roads we've travelled. The business goals are a little different these days. Personally, despite it seeming a great way to go , I place no real expectations in this ever amounting to much.

You have to ask the basic question...whats in it for them ( MCC) ??????...nothing jumps to mind :mellow:

Guest fatty

Casey-SM 0 (-1.578)

If you were using the cricket results to promote an MCC/MFC affiliation, then looking at Casey, its best we stay out of there.

Agree Bub. Apart from a wayward slip of the tongue by Sir Vladimir, there is nothing more to see here.

That said, I sure hope the MCC buys into the decay.............................as if.

Gee...( with tongue firmly planted in cheek ) ..you'd reckon Admin would know where 'other sports' was !! lol :rolleyes:

As to the question..nupp..heard nada. Im wondering just what sort of relationship we ought to really expect after al this time and the differing roads we've travelled. The business goals are a little different these days. Personally, despite it seeming a great way to go , I place no real expectations in this ever amounting to much.

You have to ask the basic question...whats in it for them ( MCC) ??????...nothing jumps to mind :mellow:

What's in it for them?

A substantial part of the MCC's revenue comes from football. The MFC is programmed to play 10 of it's home games at the MCG. They don't need a lame duck team hosting those 10 games - they need a strong team that brings more bums on seats and therefore generates more $.

What's in it for them?

Ok..I'll play devil's advocate... :D

A substantial part of the MCC's revenue comes from football.

Yep.. leading with the obvious I see .. ;)

It will in fact host 46 H & A games and obvious an amount of finals

Also a soccer qualifier for the world cup

I Rules game

Sheffield Shield

20/20 games

One dayers

Ford ranger Cup matches

There will undoubtedly be other events

The MFC is programmed to play 10 of it's home games at the MCG.

our 10 games are a smal slice of all that action

They don't need a lame duck team hosting those 10 games - they need a strong team that brings more bums on seats and therefore generates more $.

Whether we front with 25000 or not they are still going to get paid. Yes they get more if more turn up but we arnt going to make or break them...are we?

The MCC Operate a number of assetts. The G..The Sports Musueum. They Operate more than a handful of associated Sporting clubs and Interest groups.

Now being brutally honest...why would you spoil that lovely scenario by taking back the prodicgal son haemoraging and on various drip systems ??

How do they benefit after costs?? Forget all the sentiment etc..this is 2008 and busines is business. We have no real allies . The AFL treats us like a doormat.

I dont really see the upside from the MCC's viewpoint. Just seems like a mess to clean up to me.

Guest fatty
I dont really see the upside from the MCC's viewpoint. Just seems like a mess to clean up to me.

And yet Caroline Wilson thinks its already a done deal (refer 2009 fixture thread).

Can someone please explain the following:

Where is the money I contributed to the 150 Club

Where is the money I gave to the Debt Demolition

How much money is the MFC in debt

What is the status of Olympic Park

What is the status of Casey

What is the status of the MCC/MFC affiliation

Where is Nathan Carroll at

Where is Jared Rivers at

Will Austin Whateverhisnameis eat turtle over Christmas.

I don’t think I’ve been more confused about the MFC, ever. Footy sucks, sometimes. Unless you're a Demon - it sucks always.