DEMON SUMMIT 2008

H_T

Received by email the following from Jimmy, which some of you may have received. I'd say this summit may provide some answers to Jimmy's blueprint...

I would like to make you aware of a very important day coming up for our Club on Sunday 16 November.

When I was made President, I was overwhelmed by the number of people who wanted to help. Many of you came to me with ideas of ways in which we could make the Melbourne Football Club better, particularly in relation to our business performance. I would now like to bring all of those people together on one day who have ideas to improve our Club heading into the future.

This day will be known as 'Demon Summit 2008'. I would like to gather the best ideas from amongst all those who have expressed their eagerness to help our Club. I will be inviting a selection of MELBOURNEfc supporters to join us for a day of discussion and ideas. Club Directors, staff, key stakeholders and industry leaders will also be in attendance, in order to help facilitate discussion.

On the day, we will be dividing attendees into topic areas. Each group will have a facilitator, whose goal will be to draw the best ideas out of each group where their particular topic is concerned.

I want to ensure that our whole Club is represented on this day. In order to achieve representation of a cross-section of our supporters, we are today seeking expressions of interest from those who would like to be involved in this day. If you have an idea that you think can assist our Club to achieve our goals, then please complete the 'expression of interest form' by clicking here.

The event will be held at a Melbourne location (TBC) on Saturday 16 November, and will run from approximately 8.30 am until 2 pm. There will be no cost to attend this event.

Go Dees,

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll attend this if selected by the mfc. I sent through my expressions of interest, and I hope to hear back.

If anyone isn't attending this or can't attend this, yet has some good ideas that they think will be of benefit or will help the club. You can either email the club your thoughts or if you need someone to express your views to the club, I'd be happy to pass those ideas on, that is if I get to be one of the 'selected supporters'.....so you can either post your thoughts in this thread or PM me if you wish...I'd be happy to do it.

:) Go Dees!

I'll attend this if selected by the mfc. I sent through my expressions of interest, and I hope to hear back.

If anyone isn't attending this or can't attend this, yet has some good ideas that they think will be of benefit or will help the club. You can either email the club your thoughts or if you need someone to express your views to the club, I'd be happy to pass those ideas on, that is if I get to be one of the 'selected supporters'.....so you can either post your thoughts in this thread or PM me if you wish...I'd be happy to do it.

:) Go Dees!

hahaha you'll end up walking in there with 300 pages of notes to go through!! :lol:

hahaha you'll end up walking in there with 300 pages of notes to go through!! :lol:

... and every one a valid point, I might add

:lol: For the love of the club Shaft. For the love of the club. For the survival - I might add.

I'd be happy to pass those ideas on, that is if I get to be one of the 'selected supporters'.....so you can either post your thoughts in this thread or PM me if you wish...I'd be happy to do it.

Might want to hold off until you get selected hey ;)

High Tower

can you please put forward this idea?

and yes i cant go so if this gets selected, you can take the credit lol

here is the link

http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?show...on+dollar+a+day

My idea is called "Demon Dollar a Day" or "DDD" and the concept is that

when people receive memberships or even membership info before they have

actually renewed, they receieve a small money can with information inside

it...

The idea is, the club encourages everyone to put in a dollar a day, or find

their own motivation, such as use it as a swear jar or say everytime people

buy a coffee, they put a dollar into the jar...

Then towards the end of the season, volunteers at the ground (I could

easily help find people to help if needed) collect the jars, or if people

have filled their jars they can get another one, or if they want, they can

take the money to their bank and change it into a cheque.

I know this may sound farfetched, but i think people are more likely to

donate this way than just by writing out a plain cheque...i know that if I

for instance had a jar in my car, i would chuck all of my loose change in

it and towards the end of the year would have collected quite a lot of

money.

For extra motivation, I was thinking that maybe the top 5 DDD donations

receive signed bags/guernseys and maybe the top donation giver gets to toss

the coin/be the mascot for a day/go in the coaches box etc...

And for the less well off people, maybe the club could advertise that every

1 in 20 DDD donaters receive a signed hat.

Just throwing ideas around but everyone that I have talked to thinks this

could be a good start in decreasing our debt.

Thankyou very much for reading this, it means a lot to me

well..put name down too.. still..will wait and see.. Wasnt required for kids survey..so might dip out again..lol

well..put name down too.. still..will wait and see.. Wasnt required for kids survey..so might dip out again..lol

Hug required in aisle four, pronto ;)

On a serious note, the lack of communication surrounding the research is worth raising.

There are some decent ideas floating around on here, so hopefully they get aired by someone =)

Hug required in aisle four, pronto ;)

On a serious note, the lack of communication surrounding the research is worth raising.

There are some decent ideas floating around on here, so hopefully they get aired by someone =)

Id have a few ideas to put for sure.. Id also mention the degree of professionalism thats portrayed as a club. Thats not to take away any and all efforts but its the little things that irk people.

lil bummed am still up for a book..lol.. daughter wont let me squirm out of that..and she had forsaken a day out to do so.. had knocked back an invite.. Im an adult.. ( mostly) and doesnt faze me too much. But its interesting that as they were having a day to survery how kids view things..I can tell you that one kid thinks that Melbourne is amongst the biggest wankers going now !! And I dont blame her..So like kids do..she'll mention that at school..and on it goes.. As they say ..Takes a long time to build goodwill..takes secs to destroy it !!

Kids 1..Melbourne 0

Guest Schtacker
Id have a few ideas to put for sure.. Id also mention the degree of professionalism thats portrayed as a club. Thats not to take away any and all efforts but its the little things that irk people.

lil bummed am still up for a book..lol.. daughter wont let me squirm out of that..and she had forsaken a day out to do so.. had knocked back an invite.. Im an adult.. ( mostly) and doesnt faze me too much. But its interesting that as they were having a day to survery how kids view things..I can tell you that one kid thinks that Melbourne is amongst the biggest wankers going now !! And I dont blame her..So like kids do..she'll mention that at school..and on it goes.. As they say ..Takes a long time to build goodwill..takes secs to destroy it !!

Kids 1..Melbourne 0

slow down cowboy

spelling

grammar

punctuation

i'm going to raise these issues at the meeting

just sent back my reply to the forum , hoping Im chosen as I like to put my 2 bobs worth in.

I just hope I can contribute something [ sounds soopy dosnt it ]

I have 2 ideas so maybe.........

slow down cowboy

spelling

grammar

punctuation

i'm going to raise these issues at the meeting

been told today ?

Dont come spell nazi with me thankyou.

Either contribute..or shut up !! ;)

More stuff for the kids like :

- Having a kick on the G like after the Freo game

- Going into the rooms before the game, I remember as a kid you could walk into the rooms before the game up until about 1/2 hour before kick off and watch the players get rubbed down have a kick around etc. For a kid to see giants like Jimmy , Lyon etc walking around so close was something i will always remember and made me a demon for life.

Also had an idea for a slogan

MCG position themselves as use the slogan - the peoples ground

MFC should position themselves and use the slogan - the peoples club

Guest Schtacker
More stuff for the kids like :

- Having a kick on the G like after the Freo game

- Going into the rooms before the game, I remember as a kid you could walk into the rooms before the game up until about 1/2 hour before kick off and watch the players get rubbed down have a kick around etc. For a kid to see giants like Jimmy , Lyon etc walking around so close was something i will always remember and made me a demon for life.

Also had an idea for a slogan

Yep they should definitely bring back the rooms, especially after a win

Just have 1 bloke at the door and he only lets in kids and their parents if they are with them

Once it's too full, stop letting them in

After about 10-15 minutes kick em all out

Yep they should definitely bring back the rooms, especially after a win

Just have 1 bloke at the door and he only lets in kids and their parents if they are with them

Once it's too full, stop letting them in

After about 10-15 minutes kick em all out

Clubroom access is currently a perk of premium membership access.

Heard Jimmy call us the "Family Club" at one point