Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

We have no idea what to do in a situation such as the one we are in now. Katich and Hayden have come out slogging, Katich can't do it, played an awful stroke and was caught. Next over, Ponting takes a suicidal run and is run out by a metre. 2/37. We mightn't be there at tea. Awful batting. Absolutely awful.

Might not be there one hour after lunch. Disgraceful. Why on earth Katich has come out in that intention is :wacko: . There should be the likes of Hayden, Ponting and Watson playing in that manner. But the likes of Katich, Hussey perhaps Clarke should be to occupy and tick it over.

edit: The run rate is at around 6 an over, so the Aussies are going for it.

I was just about to say I thought we had a chance. 5 minutes ago we were 3/150, Hussey and Hayden doing very well working singles. Then, in the space of 5 balls, both are out, so we're 5/154. We had a chance, India was playing defensively, but they've started to attack and have made breakthrough. We're still well over the run rate but Haddin and Watson don't exactly inspire confidence.

Ponting should be ashamed of himself for not going for the win yesterday. I Blame Him Totally.Saving his own ass so he could play in a pedestrian test against NZ rather than going Flat out to draw a series against india to keep a trophy. Shame on you Ponting. Just like you won the toss & Bowled against England after Glenn McGrath had done his ankle. What a tool.

So you may have been suspended yesterday for slow over rates. Oh i think The Aussie public would have got your spot back, But now you will be reminded of DAY 4 TEST 4 for a long time..Hang your head little Ricky. Oh BTW Ricky you owe me a new Radio I broke my old one yesterday in disgust. Steve Waugh or AB would never have done what you did. Put yourself before the Team and the Australian supporters. Walk the Plank....

Put yourself before the Team and the Australian supporters. Walk the Plank....

Walk the Plank?......You think he deserves to lose the captaincy over this WYL? I certainly don't think so, he has credits for me. The 2nd most successful captain behind Steve Waugh.

Sure, he deserves some criticism for trying to fix the slow over rate by introducing part timers, but he went to White who got carted by Harbhajan and Dhoni to all parts of the park, so he then made another change in Hussey. What he should have done, and I'm sure he'd have his time over, is go for the win. Should have brought on a frontline bowler.

Sure, he deserves some criticism for trying to fix the slow over rate by introducing part timers, but he went to White who got carted by Harbhajan and Dhoni to all parts of the park, so he then made another change in Hussey. What he should have done, and I'm sure he'd have his time over, is go for the win. Should have brought on a frontline bowler.

It was the decision to use Hussey that got to me. Obviously he should have used Lee or Watson, who were reversing it for the first time in 4 tests, but if he was under orders to use part-timers, why not use Katich? He at least has taken wickets at test level, and is certainly more likely than Hussey to take a wicket. But putting on Hussey was not only wrong, it was stupid.

Walk the Plank?......You think he deserves to lose the captaincy over this WYL? I certainly don't think so, he has credits for me. The 2nd most successful captain behind Steve Waugh.

Yes i do think he deserves to lose the captaincy. The team had got itself back into a winning position. If the 4 wickets were taken after Tea then it was Game on, and the over rates would not be an issue.

But little Ricky decided to wave the white Flag, that is unnacceptable.

Ponting is only the 2nd most successful captain because of the team he inherited From S.R.Waugh. Very Similiar to Alan Joyce at Hawthorn in '88. Australia was not hard to captain with all the arsenal available, but it is now and Ponting aint the man. Good Batsmen but not a captain. First over after tea Hussey then Cam White!!!! Why bother Touring and Toiling in Hard conditioons if you are going to bend over to appease Chris Broad?? I am Furious at this outcome. 15 years of Tough Cricket, Ponting thumbed his nose at it. And it was his Decision he is the Captain. Shame on you.

Yes i do think he deserves to lose the captaincy. The team had got itself back into a winning position. If the 4 wickets were taken after Tea then it was Game on, and the over rates would not be an issue.

But little Ricky decided to wave the white Flag, that is unnacceptable.

Ponting is only the 2nd most successful captain because of the team he inherited From S.R.Waugh. Very Similiar to Alan Joyce at Hawthorn in '88. Australia was not hard to captain with all the arsenal available, but it is now and Ponting aint the man. Good Batsmen but not a captain. First over after tea Hussey then Cam White!!!! Why bother Touring and Toiling in Hard conditioons if you are going to bend over to appease Chris Broad?? I am Furious at this outcome. 15 years of Tough Cricket, Ponting thumbed his nose at it. And it was his Decision he is the Captain. Shame on you.

Firstly we were never in a winning position but we had the chance to push for better advantage which was no certainty. In addition, the way we batted on the final day made us no certainty to win the match anyway

And your comparison to Steve Waugh is flawed And why was Steve Waugh so successful??? Because of the arsenal he had throughout his captaincy period. The Australian side that was sent to India has to be the weakest side to have left Australian shores in years with the very real prospect of failing to take 20 wickets in a Test. Steve Waugh would have struggled with this side on the continent.

Despite this unfortunate situation, Ponting is a far better choice to lead than Michael Clarke. No need to get the knickers in a knot.

Firstly we were never in a winning position but we had the chance to push for better advantage which was no certainty. In addition, the way we batted on the final day made us no certainty to win the match anyway

And your comparison to Steve Waugh is flawed And why was Steve Waugh so successful??? Because of the arsenal he had throughout his captaincy period. The Australian side that was sent to India has to be the weakest side to have left Australian shores in years with the very real prospect of failing to take 20 wickets in a Test. Steve Waugh would have struggled with this side on the continent.

Despite this unfortunate situation, Ponting is a far better choice to lead than Michael Clarke. No need to get the knickers in a knot.

You bet we were in a winning Position to win at tea Rhino. Sure there was work to be done but it was possible, But our wonderful captain turned his back on it to appease an over rate that both teams had flaunted with.

Steve Waugh Moulded his team from Mark Taylor-Yes he was part of a lucky era but he made it stick.

Australia would not have batted the same way on Day 5 if that advantage had been pressed on day 4. That is why i shall continue to blame Ponting. Pathetic Capt he is

You bet we were in a winning Position to win at tea Rhino. Sure there was work to be done but it was possible, But our wonderful captain turned his back on it to appease an over rate that both teams had flaunted with.

Steve Waugh Moulded his team from Mark Taylor-Yes he was part of a lucky era but he made it stick.

Australia would not have batted the same way on Day 5 if that advantage had been pressed on day 4. That is why i shall continue to blame Ponting. Pathetic Capt he is

We were in as much in a winning position as the horse that came last on Cup Day. We were still 200+ behind and given the history of 4th innings run chases it would suggest the game was open. But dont mind your hyperbole.

Steve Waugh and Mark Taylor both enjoyed having Glenn McGrath, Gillespie and Shane Warne at their peak. They also had the Waugh brothers, Gilchrist and Langer and no real opposition during the period 1994 to 2005.

We batted poorly in Day 5 and each batsman should take responsibility for their failures in the 1st and 2nd innings not just the Captain.

Yes continue to blame Ponting. And if he does replace your broken radio then could he also replace my broken lawn mower. He did not break it but I will continue to blame him for it. The Bastard.

We were in as much in a winning position as the horse that came last on Cup Day. We were still 200+ behind and given the history of 4th innings run chases it would suggest the game was open. But dont mind your hyperbole.

Steve Waugh and Mark Taylor both enjoyed having Glenn McGrath, Gillespie and Shane Warne at their peak. They also had the Waugh brothers, Gilchrist and Langer and no real opposition during the period 1994 to 2005.

We batted poorly in Day 5 and each batsman should take responsibility for their failures in the 1st and 2nd innings not just the Captain.

Yes continue to blame Ponting. And if he does replace your broken radio then could he also replace my broken lawn mower. He did not break it but I will continue to blame him for it. The Bastard.

Last Horse in the Cup!!! Fair Go Rhino-Ye of little faith. The Indians lost 6-50 (including 3-3) during that period before tea. We were mounting a good challenge. Ponting refused to see it through. I Hope He enjoys his First Test Payment when he plays New Zealand because he doesn't really deserve it

Last Horse in the Cup!!! Fair Go Rhino-Ye of little faith. The Indians lost 6-50 (including 3-3) during that period before tea. We were mounting a good challenge. Ponting refused to see it through. I Hope He enjoys his First Test Payment when he plays New Zealand because he doesn't really deserve it

I agree we were mounting a good challenge at the time. Its different to a winning position. B)

I agree we were mounting a good challenge at the time. Its different to a winning position. B)

Another wicket after tea and the Indians would have been in serious trouble. Of course we will never know as the spineless little Punter was to busy looking after himself.But we should have had a Real Crack at that tail end. I will never respect him as a captain again. Stick to Batting Ricky

I think you two are playing at semantics :P

From what I can see both of you agree that we were a chance of winning at the time Ponting decided to bowl White and then Hussey, after which a win became a remote possibility.

I think you two are playing at semantics :P

From what I can see both of you agree that we were a chance of winning at the time Ponting decided to bowl White and then Hussey, after which a win became a remote possibility.

Correct, in so much as it was the Captain's call to fly the white flag of surrender. Thus i will not go to another Test Match while Ponting is Captain. He cannot be trusted.

Another wicket after tea and the Indians would have been in serious trouble. Of course we will never know as the spineless little Punter was to busy looking after himself.But we should have had a Real Crack at that tail end. I will never respect him as a captain again. Stick to Batting Ricky

There you go again with the hyperbole WUL. The Indians at tea were already 250 in front and Australia were challenging from a weakened position. One wicket still would have left the Indians at least 250 runs in front on a turning crumbling wicket with a superior bowling attack. The Indians had the winning hand since they won the toss on day 1. After tea Ponting bowled the only seemingly reliable wicket taker in the series we had in Krezja who was also bleeding runs at 5 an over. And its not as though we had reliable quicks who were likely to run through the Indians in reserve.

Ponting made an error of judgement but to make a mountain out of molehill is self serving. Rogue, I dont think our chance of winning was that strong at tea given the state of the game and the lead to Indian. It was chance but not a winning position.

Nice hissyfit. :lol:

We may have to Agree to Diaagree Rhino as i think taking 3-3 just before tea gives a team a good "Sniff" & a serious one. The Actions of our Captain to come out & Bowl Mike HUssey and Cam White at the resumption made me feel Cheated. A Feeling i resent considering this young and somewhat inexperienced side was having a "crack"

It's not a Hissyfit at all. What Punter did goes against the grain of Australian Cricket since AB led the '87 World Cup. A Great Fighting Quality,and that was not shown last weekend. Disrespect to the Baggy Green

Rogue, I dont think our chance of winning was that strong at tea given the state of the game and the lead to Indian. It was chance but not a winning position.

Like I said, semantics re: the phrase 'winning position'.

WYL hasn't asserted that we were favourites at that stage but that we had a serious 'sniff'.

After tea Ponting bowled the only seemingly reliable wicket taker in the series we had in Krezja who was also bleeding runs at 5 an over. And its not as though we had reliable quicks who were likely to run through the Indians in reserve.

You might argue about the odds of Australia winning at that stage, but I think you're pushing it a little here.

Sure, Australia may not have had any quicks who were 'likely to run through the Indians' but I think it's pretty clear that White and particularly Hussey were less chance than some of the other options.

Like I said, semantics re: the phrase 'winning position'.

WYL hasn't asserted that we were favourites at that stage but that we had a serious 'sniff'.

If Bailey ever coached the MFC the same way as Ponting Captained The Australian Team last Sunday night this website would go into Meltdown. That's why i beleive he should not be captain.

Thus i will not go to another Test Match while Ponting is Captain. He cannot be trusted.

So who do you want as Captain then? Any guarantee the next Captain won't try and fix they're slow over rate?

Is it really that drastic that you will not go to another test whilst Ponting is Captain?

The Aussies were an outside chance at best in winning the fourth test. Granted it was a poor decision on choosing Hussey to bowl. White was not a poor choice, he is in the side to bowl.

So who do you want as Captain then? Any guarantee the next Captain won't try and fix they're slow over rate?

Is it really that drastic that you will not go to another test whilst Ponting is Captain?

The Aussies were an outside chance at best in winning the fourth test. Granted it was a poor decision on choosing Hussey to bowl. White was not a poor choice, he is in the side to bowl.

In Todays Herald Sun Ponting said he did not wanmt to lose a chance to play for Australia. He put a little test against the kiwi's and his nmatch payment ahead of winning the series against india over there. Appalling! Granted we may not have won, but we had to have a red hot go. He should have at least bowled Hard Core for 10 overs.

And yes it is that drastic I will not go to the Cricket while Ponting is in charge-Don't Trust weather he has Australia or his own interests at heart anymore.

This site goes into meltdown for less than that.

Hell, Chris Johnson generates 5 pages!!! :blink:

HaHa well said Rhino. I did notice CJ with his 5 pages. He has joined my most hated team now so i would not waste precious energy on him anymore. His Father will always be held in high regard though.

Vettori batted 7 in the first innings of the tour match, and batting 6 in the second innings

Has there been an injury, or are they trying to cover holes through the great all rounder?