Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

He debuted for Tasmania as a 17yo in the mid 1990's. :lol:

Given the Ashes pressure, I doubt whether they will force either Ponting or the quicks to do this. Our fast bowlers have a heavy programme year in year out and I dont see the value of an extra four days of toil.

He debuted for Tasmania as a 17yo in the mid 1990's. :lol:

Given the Ashes pressure, I doubt whether they will force either Ponting or the quicks to do this. Our fast bowlers have a heavy programme year in year out and I dont see the value of an extra four days of toil.

On the flipside, all we have between now and the Brisbane Test is some ODIs and a T20 against India and Sri Lanka. Hardly the ideal preparation over the next six weeks. England have three warm up games (vs WA, SA and Australia A). Hence the idea of getting them all to play one Shield game as warm up.

On the flipside, all we have between now and the Brisbane Test is some ODIs and a T20 against India and Sri Lanka. Hardly the ideal preparation over the next six weeks. England have three warm up games (vs WA, SA and Australia A). Hence the idea of getting them all to play one Shield game as warm up.

England has done their homework. They've got a good preparation leading in. Where do they play Australia A ?

England has done their homework. They've got a good preparation leading in. Where do they play Australia A ?

Yes. Last tour they had one first class warm up game with a hit and giggle against the PM X1. They brought their strike bowler on one legs(Flintoff) and brought one player out with chronic depression (Trescowthick). They could not have been as bad as last tour.

Yes. Last tour they had one first class warm up game with a hit and giggle against the PM X1. They brought their strike bowler on one legs(Flintoff) and brought one player out with chronic depression (Trescowthick). They could not have been as bad as last tour.

England's tour matches include:

v WA 5th-7th Nov WACA (3 days)

v SA 11-13th Nov Adelaide (3 days)

v AUST XI - Bellerive; 17-20th Nov (4 days)*

* looks like another drinking session for Nasher if he can get away ;)

ranked 5th the aussies. time for a change or two.

IN: Smith

OUT: NORTH

top order should remain the same for ashes - katich,watson,ponting, clarke & Mr.cricket. then this can be looked at afterwards. smith should be given a go for north who bats well once a series when the pressure is off. aussies could go in with two spinners depending on the wicket, but gives chance for smith to come in as a bat that can bowl a bit too. would make more runs in one innings than north in three.

Clarke putting in a good knock after we were in trouble at 2/16 after 8 overs.

Wow. Aussies knock 84 from the finals 5 overs. White crashed 70 off his last 24. 56 from his last 18. Clarke with a ton.

Not enough, however. India by 5 wickets.

Edited by 45HG16

I haven't commented in this thread for a long while so a few quick points:

I'm not criticising Clarke's strike rate in the latest game because we were in dire trouble early, but it's no surprise his was almost the lowest strike rate of the entire match. IMO he needs to do

more in ODIs. Did reforming his game to secure a Test spot mean he lost the sparkle needed for ODIs? Far too often his strike rate is languishing in the 60s.

Hodge not playing at least T20 cricket over the past couple of years has been bizarre (particularly when he's been in or around the contracted list of players).

Haddin should be scared. Very scared. Not sure about Paine opening though.

I haven't commented in this thread for a long while so a few quick points:

I'm not criticising Clarke's strike rate in the latest game because we were in dire trouble early, but it's no surprise his was almost the lowest strike rate of the entire match. IMO he needs to do

more in ODIs. Did reforming his game to secure a Test spot mean he lost the sparkle needed for ODIs? Far too often his strike rate is languishing in the 60s.

Hodge not playing at least T20 cricket over the past couple of years has been bizarre (particularly when he's been in or around the contracted list of players).

Haddin should be scared. Very scared. Not sure about Paine opening though.

Yeah, Clarke & Hussey weren't in the best form heading into the ODI's, they did well to scratch around and recover. But I see what you mean re: Clarke's strike rate. He plays safe. And he takes up alot of balls to a certain degree.

If there was a bit more "wriggle on" it could have been more early before White unleashed.

Yeah, Clarke & Hussey weren't in the best form heading into the ODI's, they did well to scratch around and recover. But I see what you mean re: Clarke's strike rate. He plays safe. And he takes up alot of balls to a certain degree.

If there was a bit more "wriggle on" it could have been more early before White unleashed.

It's odd how Hussey struggles so much in Test cricket yet when he pulls the colours on he dominates. He really does inspire confidence when he's at the ODI crease, like he used to in Test cricket. I can't quite work out how he's fallen so far away in Test cricket yet can still be the best ODI batsman going around.

not happy the Royals been kicked out of IPL what a deadset joke, now who will i go for

Oh no, what a disaster. Maybe you will have to watch some Test cricket instead?

It's odd how Hussey struggles so much in Test cricket yet when he pulls the colours on he dominates. He really does inspire confidence when he's at the ODI crease, like he used to in Test cricket. I can't quite work out how he's fallen so far away in Test cricket yet can still be the best ODI batsman going around.

Oh no, what a disaster. Maybe you will have to watch some Test cricket instead?

il probably go for Brad Hodges team instead,hoping to go to the Ashes

The VICS may have lost the return bout to WA at the G last night. But my man Wade scored a scintillating century for the VICS. Keep an eye out for this kid. His form continues where it left off last season. Unreal with the bat in hand.

edit: I agree with Rogue, Haddin should be very worried re: his test spot for the first Test of the Ashes. Paine might be kept in, the openers to remain the same.

Edited by High Tower

I said it before, it's mind-boggling to consider the riches of talent we have in the wicket keeping department. Paine has proven himself at both Test and ODI level, and we know Haddin is the incumbent. After that we have Ronchi, Manou, Wade and Hartley, all who are capable with the bat, and all of whom who have National experience (though Hartley's was just on a Tour game in England). I highly doubt any other country has wicketkeeping talent hiding away in its Domestic competition like we do.

IMO Haddin starts the Ashes, but if he doesn't perform Paine is there to relieve him.

Tonight's edition of 4 Corners certainly puts the issue of World Cricket in a Bad way, as far as integrity is concerned.

Match Fixing allegations that the ICC do not really want to act on so far.

If you missed the Episode i strongly suggest you watch it this week.

Troubled Times sadly.

World Cup in India and Banglasdesh Sri Lanka will be interesting event given what has happened in the area of late

Yes i think the ICC will do well to Get Tough, otherwise the Sport is in severe danger on the world stage.

The ICC wont get tough. It has had plenty of opportunity and reason to over the past 15 years and hasnt. The ICC is a lacky of the South Asian nations headed by India.

Unless India decides to change the culture of nepotism, corruption and lack of governance over its top Government/ cricket officials then the ICC and World Cricket is doomed. Not only is India the financial elephant in the game of cricket, it also bankrolls Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh cricket. Theres a block of 4 votes that are at India's disposal then you have Zimbabwe :wacko:.

While they allow betting on micro events in cricket matches, the game is stuffed and cannot be immune from fixing of outcomes or the destruction of the integirty of performers.

The ICC wont get tough. It has had plenty of opportunity and reason to over the past 15 years and hasnt. The ICC is a lacky of the South Asian nations headed by India.

Unless India decides to change the culture of nepotism, corruption and lack of governance over its top Government/ cricket officials then the ICC and World Cricket is doomed. Not only is India the financial elephant in the game of cricket, it also bankrolls Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh cricket. Theres a block of 4 votes that are at India's disposal then you have Zimbabwe :wacko:.

While they allow betting on micro events in cricket matches, the game is stuffed and cannot be immune from fixing of outcomes or the destruction of the integirty of performers.

Doesn't look good for the Future does it, 4 Corners don't muck about like a Tabloid Current Affairs story would. Cricket is going to be in serious trouble within the next decade.

It already is.

Sure, but it can still get a lot worse-and i think it will.

And that is just plain sad & irresponsible when prime examples were shown via that videotape evidence, and ICC representatives are able to just Fob it all off, while looking straight down the Lens of the Camera!!

Astounding.

Sure, but it can still get a lot worse-and i think it will.

And that is just plain sad & irresponsible when prime examples were shown via that videotape evidence, and ICC representatives are able to just Fob it all off, while looking straight down the Lens of the Camera!!

Astounding.

How?

When many ICC representatives are continually proven to be corrupt over so many years, how much worse can it get?

Outside Ashes series, I believe there is room to question nearly every unusual result in the past 15 years. Anything involving the Windies, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and certain Indian performances. I would add Zimbabwe and B'desh but they dont have to be paid to drop games but their administrators are on the take financially.

Its hardly astounding at all.

I heard (can't confirm which radio station) this morning that Haddin will get the nod for Test selection. Can anyone confirm this ? Can't find any confirmation online.

Meanwhile Doherty gets a call up to spin against Sri Lanka

edit: {from article}:

Three match limited over series see's Haddin replace Tim Paine. - This might be about what I heard earlier this morning. Doesn't refer to the Test series, but it could be a sign for Haddin to get the nod.

Callum Ferguson and David Warner make way for Shane Watson & Ricky Ponting.

Vics in a spot of bother now. We've conceded first innings points already, now we're 253 runs behind and Tasmania still has 4 wickets in hand. Still, we're missing White, McKay and Hastings, and Rogers isn't fully fit either.

News today that Bollinger is struggling to be fit for Brisbane. Meanwhile Siddle's current figures are 14-7-24-3. Given that I highly doubt Peter George will hold his spot, I can see us starting with Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Siddle, and IMO that's a very strong line up.

Edit: Ryan Harris is another possibility but IMO Siddle is much, much better than Harris and his work in last year's Ashes should get him the spot.

Edited by titan_uranus