NFL

Dappa Dan

Just now, Macca said:

@JV7  would have to be disappointed even though the win was there for the taking at the death.

As for the Eagles,  as Barassi once said when he coached us,  a win is a win is a win.  Bank the win and go to Tampa and hopefully advance to 2 & 0.

That's why I was happier post game. Pinched one I thought we could easily lose, especially with  5 goal line plays defended.

I'm relieved that Eagles have Bucs, Colts and Titans... the first two stink, and Titans aren't much better. Feels to me like a rusty squad needing to get things sorted. Also Wentz will be back after those 4. 

Oh,  and by the way,  we do it all again next week week with the NFL/Demons double.

Ravens @ Cinci then Demons vs Hawks - let's ride this one out right through September hey NFL fans?  It's novel,  but we're alive and kicking.

4 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

That's why I was happier post game. Pinched one I thought we could easily lose, especially with  5 goal line plays defended.

I'm relieved that Eagles have Bucs, Colts and Titans... the first two stink, and Titans aren't much better. Feels to me like a rusty squad needing to get things sorted. Also Wentz will be back after those 4. 

The other games in week 1 promises a bit though ...

• 49ers @ Vikings
  • Texans @ Pats
  • Jags @ New York (Giants)
  • KC @ Chargers
  • Seattle @ Denver
  • Dallas @ Panthers
  • Bears @ Packers
  • Rams @ Oakland

There's no shortage in the NFL.

Just now, Macca said:

The other games in week 1 promises a bit though ...

• 49ers @ Vikings
  • Texans @ Pats
  • Jags @ New York (Giants)
  • KC @ Chargers
  • Seattle @ Denver
  • Dallas @ Panthers
  • Bears @ Packers
  • Rams @ Oakland

There's no shortage in the NFL.

Every game there will have more to watch than today's.

5 hours ago, Macca said:

@JV7  would have to be disappointed even though the win was there for the taking at the death.

As for the Eagles,  as Barassi once said when he coached us,  a win is a win is a win.  Bank the win and go to Tampa and hopefully advance to 2 & 0.

We've had the same problems for years even in the SB run of 16' we were poor in tbe redzone. Ryan was so off last night, he seemed uneasy all night.

That final drive was like watching years playoff game, exactly the same. I'm not surprised by the result/performance, I don't hold great expectations of this Falcons side this season

• Like 1

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Baltimore
AFC South: Houston
AFC West: Chargers
WC: Jacksonville
WC: Denver

NFC East: Philly
NFC North: GB
NFC: South: New Orleans
NFC West: San Francisco
WC: La Rams
WC: Minnesota

Saints over Texans in the SB.

I already hate the the new helmet rule but more so the new rule of not landing your body weight on a QB. that hit on Rothelsberger was perfect, if Ben holds it that long h3 deserves the hit and the player who prob weighs half as much as Big Ben landing on him.

3 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

@Macca Where are you?!!!!

In shock!

That was some sort of comeback victory .... and as you said,  adds to the legend.   So many twists and turns including the Fuller dropped interception that could have ended it. 

To be honest,  once the injury happened (MCL perhaps but to what degree we don't know) all I could think of was long term.  But Rodgers has said that he will play next week.  

McCarthy was forced to play a conservative game-style and we looked quite effective because of it (apart from the 2 game-changing TD's)

The Bears played well,  especially early,  but couldn't finish it off.  It's going to be a dog-fight in the NFC North though,  all the same

Edited by Macca

1 minute ago, Macca said:

In shock!

That was some sort of comeback victory .... and as you said,  adds to the legend.   So many twists and turns including the Fuller dropped interception that could have ended it. 

To be honest,  once the injury happened (MCL but to what degree we don't know) all I could think of was long term.  But Rodgers has said that he will play next week.  

McCarthy was forced to play a conservative game-style and we looked quite effective because of it (apart from the 2 game-changing TD's)

Yeah just saw his post game presser. He said he'd have more answers on Wednesday, but that if he still feels ok he'll play.

Half time, with no news, and seeing his face as he was on the cart coming off, and seeing how Kizer was playing, it was season over for Packers... Now it's the complete opposite. I can't remember a game that had such wild swings in implications... from doom and gloom to the best comeback of his career (I think... in terms of score).

3 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah just saw his post game presser. He said he'd have more answers on Wednesday, but that if he still feels ok he'll play.

Half time, with no news, and seeing his face as he was on the cart coming off, and seeing how Kizer was playing, it was season over for Packers... Now it's the complete opposite. I can't remember a game that had such wild swings in implications... from doom and gloom to the best comeback of his career (I think... in terms of score).

Rodgers just keeps doing these sorts of things but that was out of the box great.  But his lack of mobility helped the team advance the ball in a different way (quick,  short 5 - 7 yard passes that I have been advocating)

Loads of other highlights from the day of course ... but it's only week 1 - we'll know more in a month.   Washington,  KC,  Jags,  Ravens & Vikes the most impressive?  And Tampa won't be easy next week for your blokes. 

33 minutes ago, Macca said:

Rodgers just keeps doing these sorts of things but that was out of the box great.  But his lack of mobility helped the team advance the ball in a different way (quick,  short 5 - 7 yard passes that I have been advocating)

Loads of other highlights from the day of course ... but it's only week 1 - we'll know more in a month.   Washington,  KC,  Jags,  Ravens & Vikes the most impressive?  And Tampa won't be easy next week for your blokes. 

Thursday night I was thinking 4-0 would look good. But my goodness, Tampa just smashed a team many have picked to play in the superbowl. Eagles spluttered too... Lots to play out here, and what was an easy win is now nothing like that.

Ravens and Vikes, yeah... Vikes everyone knew were good. Ravens looked awesome... But for me it's KC I was most impressed with. Second year QB playing like that. They look a bit scary.

1 minute ago, Dappa Dan said:

Thursday night I was thinking 4-0 would look good. But my goodness, Tampa just smashed a team many have picked to play in the superbowl. Eagles spluttered too... Lots to play out here, and what was an easy win is now nothing like that.

Ravens and Vikes, yeah... Vikes everyone knew were good. Ravens looked awesome... But for me it's KC I was most impressed with. Second year QB playing like that. They look a bit scary.

As you know,  I'm an Andy Reid fan as he keeps getting his teams into contention.  KC keep racking up the wins and often fly under the radar.  Mahomes with 256 yards with 4 TD's and no interceptions at the Chargers is impressive.

A lot of the teams were all a bit rusty though ... as an example, Green Bay couldn't advance the ball with a fit Rodgers in the first half but did advance the ball with an injured Rodgers in the 2nd half.  Ravens are worth keeping an eye out for same for the Panthers.   Jury is out on Cinci but the Pats won as expected. 

The 2 games tomorrow are of high interest for all sorts of reasons.  The Rams @ Raiders game especially.  Gruden might have some surprises in store for us.  And such is the divisional implications in the NFC North I'll be barracking hard for the J.E.T.S tomorrow!  That's divisional football for you.