Name your rookie prospect

DeeSpencer

Why Taggert? There was a reason why he was cut and that was because he was no good.

Simple.

He had alot of injury concerns, but he was talented

He had alot of injury concerns, but he was talented

His first year he had one serious back injury.. That's not alot

This year he was fully fit, even did the whole pre season and played all year at Casey. Fact is he wasn't good enough.

His first year he had one serious back injury.. That's not alot

This year he was fully fit, even did the whole pre season and played all year at Casey. Fact is he wasn't good enough.

Ive seen him play some pretty good games at casey.

Has a good sized body too.

To say he wasnt good enough when he wasnt really given a chance in the seniors,is interesting because we never got a chance to see if he was good enough or not.

Im not fussed anyway, i trust whoever they pick as rookie selections.

Its always a raffle, some will succeed , some wont.

Really interesting reading through this after the event. A lot of considered and educated opinions but out of 156 posts only Tall Defence's 125th post mentioned one of the new boys rookied, Harmes. No one else mentioned any of them. I like this a lot. It makes me feel like our recruiters have a lot more inside information and knowledge than a lot of informed people here or in the press. Time will tell of course but interesting. Mind you Whispering J nailed the type of players we should get, so hats off.

Really interesting reading through this after the event. A lot of considered and educated opinions but out of 156 posts only Tall Defence's 125th post mentioned one of the new boys rookied, Harmes. No one else mentioned any of them. I like this a lot. It makes me feel like our recruiters have a lot more inside information and knowledge than a lot of informed people here or in the press. Time will tell of course but interesting. Mind you Whispering J nailed the type of players we should get, so hats off.

Strange logic.

But Eli Templeton (pick 3), Will Maginess (pick 5) and Joel Tippett (pick 8) all were talked about multiple times and went early in the rookie draft.

Weller, Battersby, Turner, Miles and Nick Bourke may or may not have been mentioned in this thread but have had significant interest at different times from people on this forum and went in the second round of the rookie draft.

Strange logic.

But Eli Templeton (pick 3), Will Maginess (pick 5) and Joel Tippett (pick 8) all were talked about multiple times and went early in the rookie draft.

Weller, Battersby, Turner, Miles and Nick Bourke may or may not have been mentioned in this thread but have had significant interest at different times from people on this forum and went in the second round of the rookie draft.

Something tells me the Rookie picks were all down to the recruiters, no Roos magic. Lets hope JT is not a BP or these picks will be like all the other smokeys BP picked while there were other more obvious picks that went on to prosper while our smokeys tanked. I'm choosing to leave the past in the past and give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Out of desperation that the crap years are behind us more than any other logical reason.

Something tells me the Rookie picks were all down to the recruiters, no Roos magic. Lets hope JT is not a BP or these picks will be like all the other smokeys BP picked while there were other more obvious picks that went on to prosper while our smokeys tanked. I'm choosing to leave the past in the past and give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Out of desperation that the crap years are behind us more than any other logical reason.

I think we are all a lot the same. Optimistic because it's the only choice right now.

I will say I thought Salem and Kennedy Harris were both well recruited at appropriate picks and the same could be said for this Harmes guy and for King. Harmes represented Vic Country so that tells you that from the 6 TAC teams the form Vic Country he was in the top 30 or 40 players. And he went to draft camp. Same with King, a TAC and state (NSW) prospect who kicked 11 goals in 5 games for NSW playing forward/ruck so some decent production.

Then in the rookie draft like the main draft the 3rd pick was a little funky. Then Jetta on top but he's like just keeping him on the list rather than a whole new pick or that's how I see it. All in all it wasn't too many smokeys besides Hunt and thats ok.

In total I'd say judge Taylor a bit more on the trades this year and whether Michie, Tyson and Riley can deliver probably along with Salem. After that he was looking at a pretty weak hand in not the strongest draft.

All things going to plan I expect Taylor to head in to 2014 draft period with a more standard pick set up with round after round and to be picking much more on best available. Not to mention more than just the 3 national draft picks due to a weak pool.

Edited by the master

I know we have picked up Vince, Cross, Michie, Riley, and Tyson but I would have liked to have seen a few RL spots to Banfield/Thomas/OtherBigBodiedPlayerWithAFLExperience...

In regard to that we have Vince and Cross and lost Sylvia.

I just thought a bit more preotection for the younger talent would have been advisable. Maybe they didn't see anyone of these types in the best 25.

What a great eye for detail and observer of talent.

Someone at MFC give this man a job in recruiting!

The three I would consider would be

James Harmes

Maxxx King

Alexis Georgio

and rookie list Jetta.

Yeah that should do.

I don't like to brag but..