Round 13, 1993

Scoop Junior

In the lead up to this week's game against GWS, yet another fabulous Melbourne memory worked its way to the front of my head.

It may have been 20 years ago but I can still remember the feelings of complete indignity and embarrassment as the Dees were rolled by the winless Swans at the SCG, with Richard Osborne kicking 10. That would be Sydney's only win for the year.

Now, 20 years later, we head up to Sydney again to take on a winless team, with a full forward who is capable of doing the same (especially so given the possible absence of Frawley and Garland). A win for the Giants would likely be their only win for the year as well.

Maybe it's just that we are naturally pessimistic as Melbourne supporters, but I'm really dreading this match.

Please, Melbourne, don't let us suffer the same pain we felt that day.

• Like 1

Wow that was a horrible Sunday arvo that was back in 93.

Unlike that game, I actually expect GWS to win the game. Their form in the last 2 weeks V's Collingwood and Essendon has been pretty decent compared to the rabble in the blue and red last week.

I honestly don't reckon the players give a stuff anymore, the Craig honeymoon is over and they're already thinking about the end of season trip.