Casey Scorpions v Essendon

KC from Casey

See he fluked it into the best players again. Watch them go for Pederson or Gillies next week.

I like Davis as a potential player but he wasted last year for some reason. He's Lost a whole year of development.

He may be one who takes some time to learn to become professional, but IMO he has the body that hurts the opponents, he's got pace & has shown he not totally lost in the front half as well.

I think Davis is One who's worth persevering with. But he's got to start to learn to develop his disposal skills, etc, & Frawleys not the most stylish of kickers, but he gets the ball to its destination.

I hope Davis gets a test out soon enough... he's still just turned 21Yrs of age.

Rory Taggert: Rory was one player who was not overly impacted by the conditions and his effectiveness by foot was a real positive. He also backed himself more. He was a solid performer after a dominant display in the Development League game the week prior.

Because he can kick, can play and should be played in the midfield.

I'm concerned Rory could end up like Dane Rampe who spent a few years at the Dogs, let go and is now ripping it up at the Swans.

I see we play the Roos this week, followed by the Giants, & then the Suns the week after.

.. so IMO it would be good to give Rory Taggert a run this week V the Roos,,, but I would hold off on Davis until the Giants game... & hopefully for Davis to play against the Giants & the Suns.

I reckon we need as much experience in the team this week, or at least as little inexperience this week, as we can manage.

But I would play Taggert against the Roos emerging hard midfielders, to get a measure of where he's at.

Rory Taggert: Rory was one player who was not overly impacted by the conditions and his effectiveness by foot was a real positive. He also backed himself more. He was a solid performer after a dominant display in the Development League game the week prior.

Because he can kick, can play and should be played in the midfield.

I'm concerned Rory could end up like Dane Rampe who spent a few years at the Dogs, let go and is now ripping it up at the Swans.

rjay Did you notice after a great game in the midfield for the development team (after having his wisdom teeth out) they play him the majority of the game as a half forward flanker again. Went onto the ball for about 5 min. He would be one of the best kicks in the side week after week. Some weeks he does not get huge possessions but as a half forward flanker you have to accept that. Neeld at the start of the year moved him out of the mid field group and into the forwards. If he gets a game for MFC it won't be in the midfield.

rjay Did you notice after a great game in the midfield for the development team (after having his wisdom teeth out) they play him the majority of the game as a half forward flanker again. Went onto the ball for about 5 min. He would be one of the best kicks in the side week after week. Some weeks he does not get huge possessions but as a half forward flanker you have to accept that. Neeld at the start of the year moved him out of the mid field group and into the forwards. If he gets a game for MFC it won't be in the midfield.

Yep, and what we need is mids, go figure. I think they are so short sighted in how they are playing this kid.

So I take it that Taggert went back to the ressies the week before due to the wisdom teeth issue rather than for reasons of his form?

If that's the case then I think there's cause to believe he might be a chance to emulate the story of a few Carlton players who were plucked out of their VFL alignment going from Development League team to Northern Blues seniors to Carlton in consecutive weeks when the Blues had injury problems last year. They were Tom Bell, Levi Casboult and Frazer Dale and the first two made decent contributions to the team effort when they looked like losing to the Bulldogs. We have nothing to lose at this stage by giving Taggert and Davis a run over the next three weeks.

Nothing to lose. :unsure: ... We'll be accused of tanking !! lol :o

So I take it that Taggert went back to the ressies the week before due to the wisdom teeth issue rather than for reasons of his form?

If that's the case then I think there's cause to believe he might be a chance to emulate the story of a few Carlton players who were plucked out of their VFL alignment going from Development League team to Northern Blues seniors to Carlton in consecutive weeks when the Blues had injury problems last year. They were Tom Bell, Levi Casboult and Frazer Dale and the first two made decent contributions to the team effort when they looked like losing to the Bulldogs. We have nothing to lose at this stage by giving Taggert and Davis a run over the next three weeks.

I don,t like Davis but the guy has been on the list for almost three years he deserves a couple of games

Taggert was a no.36 selection that says to me he has some ability, spent almost all of 2012 ( his first year ) injured.

August 3rd beckons for both I think

Edited by old dee

Geez OD....You seem obsessed with draft positions.....Once you are drafted you are part of the list and then it's up to you wether you get a game or not

Just because you were drafted at pos 21 or 101 does not mean anything....only supporters expectations....

Geez OD....You seem obsessed with draft positions.....Once you are drafted you are part of the list and then it's up to you wether you get a game or not

Just because you were drafted at pos 21 or 101 does not mean anything....only supporters expectations....

I beg to differ Bossdog

If you were selected at 21 it screams to me that the selectors ( from all clubs ) thought you had way more potential than if you were selected at 101.

Under your principle the AFL might as well use a lottery to choice recruits.

I suspect Taggert has ability, give him a run before the end of the year, encourage him.

I believe it is a lottery.....There are so many examples of this throughout the draft system that I can't mention them all

There are the No.1 picks that so many supporters believe that they will be stars that just don't measure up to that billing......There are so many later drafts picks that become really really good players....

Not having a go at you but where you are drafted is not important....It's only the supporters expectations....

I believe it is a lottery.....There are so many examples of this throughout the draft system that I can't mention them all

There are the No.1 picks that so many supporters believe that they will be stars that just don't measure up to that billing......There are so many later drafts picks that become really really good players....

Not having a go at you but where you are drafted is not important....It's only the supporters expectations....

I did not think you were Bossdog.

We have lots of examples of early draft picks that did not measure up.

Back to Taggert What do you think of him?