Who I am? A guessing quiz.

DeeVoted

How about 'Bluey' Truscott??

I hope not too many brain cells were damaged in the process ^_^

But you are correct. The high flying demon was at the controls high in the sky!

Who am I ......... (1st Clue)
A high flying Demon, a part of Scotland.
I am .....?
Who am I ......... (2nd Clue)
I am not Scottish. I also excelled at other sports.I was a teacher and a leader.
I am .....?
Who am I ......... (3rd Clue)
In me you could trust. I may not be Scottish , but there is a Scot in there somewhere.
I am .....?
Who am I ......... (4th Clue)
I have an airfield named after me. Western Australia is now my resting place.
I am .....?
Ans = Keith 'Bluey' Truscott
Truscott was born in Prahran, Victoria, on 17 May 1916. . He attended Melbourne High School, where he captained the First XI for the school in cricket. While there, he mentored the young Keith Miller, who entered the First XI at the age of 14 and went on to be regarded as Australia's finest all round cricketer. After completing his schooling Truscott worked as a school teacher and clerk.
Truscott was later made acting squadron leader and in 1942, Truscott was posted back to Australia where he joined 76 Squadron, flying Kittyhawks.By this stage Truscott was, along with Clive Caldwell, one of the most famous RAAF pilots.
Truscott's squadron was posted to Milne Bay, Papua and played a significant role in the Battle of Milne Bay where he was mentioned in dispatches for his actions. 76 Squadron was later transferred to Darwin, Northern Territory, for a time, and then Exmouth Gulf, Western Australia. Truscott was killed in an accident in Exmouth Gulf on 28 March 1943.
Edited by Deevoted

I hope not too many brain cells were damaged in the process ^_^

Ha! Ha ........ At around 2:00am it occurred to me that the answer must be one of the Dunbar brothers (probably Hughie) but my pre dawn research didn't turn up anything to suggest that they might have been 'high flyers' ie. it's not just the loss of brain cells (which I can ill afford to lose at my time of life) but also loss of sleep. Demonland is ruling and ruining my life! ^_^^_^

I was scourning Melbourne history sites and Scottish geography and trying to match a famous town of lake or mountian or state... Im gonna smash the next one I can feel it, infact im going for the ultimate 100 pointer and guessing before a clue has been posted...

Stan Alves

• Like 1

I was scourning Melbourne history sites and Scottish geography and trying to match a famous town of lake or mountian or state... Im gonna smash the next one I can feel it, infact im going for the ultimate 100 pointer and guessing before a clue has been posted...

Stan Alves

You nailed it Josh! It was going to be a complex alpha/numeric test.

Clue # 1: My family name starts with the first letter of the English alphabet.

Clue # 2: The second letter is equivalent to 50 in Roman numerals.

Clue # 3: The third letter is the same as 5 in Roman numerals.

Clue # 4: Subtract the answer to clue #3 from from clue #2 and divide by 3 to obtain my guernsey number.

• Like 2

Stan Alves

Not surprised you didn't have success when you scorned the Dee sites mate, next time try scouring them :lol:

Just joshing.

• Like 1

Ha! Ha ........ At around 2:00am it occurred to me that the answer must be one of the Dunbar brothers (probably Hughie) but my pre dawn research didn't turn up anything to suggest that they might have been 'high flyers' ie. it's not just the loss of brain cells (which I can ill afford to lose at my time of life) but also loss of sleep. Demonland is ruling and ruining my life! ^_^^_^

Committment to the cause,if you had guessed it hrs beforehand, you would not have been up at the wee hours. :)

Not surprised you didn't have success when you scorned the Dee sites mate, next time try scouring them :lol:

Just joshing.

Should we be thankful he wasnt scorching the site?. Perhaps we put it down to the Scottish accent he has picked up on his travels recently?

Stan Alves

Close but no cigar. Perhaps instead of spending your time doing history researches, :) you could use it to sharpen up on your psychic ablities?

Ross Dillon

BANG!!! Jack is back after a break from hogging the quiz with his MFC knowlegde. Any reports hidden in the Age / public notices of his tanking, is completely out of line,and unfounded.

One of many players that went to Melbourne High School, I was 17 when I joined the MFC.
I am .....?
I won State selection (Big V) on more than one occassion. Like many others I was also talented in another sport.
I am .....?
Who am I ......... (3rd Clue)
In my 1st 3 years. because of injury, I only managed to play 26 games. I was captain of the 2nds for 1 year.
I am .....?
I left the club and went on to win 2 premierships playing for the redlegs in a Interstate comp.
I am .....?
Ans = Ross Dillon
Edited by Deevoted

Jack got bonus pts on that last one as well.

ok, one more, this may slow you down a bit :)

I was at another club ,before becoming a Demon.
I am .....?

I presume you mean another AFL/VFL club?

i am unaware of anyone who wasn't at another club before becoming a demon