Sack Brian Royal!

dazzledavey36

Malthouse has said he would like to coach "in some capacity", we're building a "war chest", how about Mick Malthouse as midfield coach?

Might sound crazy at first, but he has worked with Neeld before, could work.

It's not unreasonable Stuie, especially if MM had some sort of 'senior adviser' role as well (which Craig does not have as I understand it).

In an interview on the rubbish pre-footy show on 7 last night he said he'd like to return to coaching but only in "some capacity", to me that sounds like as an assistant etc.

I reckon he'd still be pretty costly, but can't think of anyone better.

Malthouse an assistant/mid field coach... you are dreaming.

He was quizzed on the not so bad 3AW pre match today and he was playing his cards close to his chest and Mick was not making sounds like he would be anything but the top dog on top $$$$. Lane and Caro were pinning him to Carlton hard to replace Ratten.

You just proved my theory correct. thanks

If you had read my previous posts you would have seen I said there's no point sacking him as his contract is up soon.

Our midfield is a mess from an organizational point of view, that's his job, so clearly we need to try someone else.

Malthouse an assistant/mid field coach... you are dreaming.

He was quizzed on the not so bad 3AW pre match today and he was playing his cards close to his chest and Mick was not making sounds like he would be anything but the top dog on top $$$$. Lane and Caro were pinning him to Carlton hard to replace Ratten.

I am dreaming, but shouldn't we aim for the best? Would you rather us just stick with Royal? Would you have rathered not extending our FD? We're absolute rubbish in case you hadn't noticed, we need to go after the best and stop being "irrelevant".

we literally got smashed in the center bounces and around the contest! even last week against GWS we kept getting smashed in and around the packs. i think its time for this bloke to go im sick of our midfield having no idea what to do around the ball ups etc.

time to go!

Ratten was good in the mid field before he left us. I'd be ready to jump as soon as he's free, eg one week

Edited by Harrisonrules

If you had read my previous posts you would have seen I said there's no point sacking him as his contract is up soon.

Our midfield is a mess from an organizational point of view, that's his job, so clearly we need to try someone else.

But you are holding Royal responsible for aspects which you (and I) cannot determine proper accountabilities.

Our forward line is a mess, our midfield is a mess, our game plan(s) for the past 2 years have been a mess. Our lack of talent in the midfield is embarrassing. Your favorite player and 2011 midfield flag bearer, Moloney has faded to the VFL I am not sure you or anyone not closely associated with the inner workings of the Club can even reasonably determine the performance of an assistant coach. Its often hard enough determining whether a poor performance is the players/ the coach or both.

I am dreaming, but shouldn't we aim for the best? Would you rather us just stick with Royal? Would you have rathered not extending our FD? We're absolute rubbish in case you hadn't noticed, we need to go after the best and stop being "irrelevant".

Its not a case of Malthouse vs Royal as neither will be at our club. And its not a case of dreaming but reality. Its not a matter of necessarily extending the FD its about finding a good midfield coach to support Neeld. And appointing a good midfield coach will not be stopping us from being "irrelevant". Malthouse isnt it. We would need to have a Foundation dinner again to cover his sign on fee.

Ratten was good in the mid field before he left us. I'd be ready to jump as soon as he's free, eg one week

This myth is based on the fact we had an AA ruckman in White in 2004 supported by a top first dibs midfielder in Scott Thompson. When both were injured after about round 18, MFC fell in a heap and Ratten did not look too good. He is not looking too good now having seemingly lost the players (including 3 No 1 pick midfield players, Gibbs, Murphy and Kruezer).

A coach is only as good as his cattle. Leigh Matthews bangs on about this all the time on 3AW.

You have to laugh when the torch carriers wont to burn an assistant coach when they dont know exactly what his role is and the extent of his accountabilities and responsibilities.

Royal may or may not be a good coach but how the hell would a person sitting in the grandstand make an informed assessment. They cant. Its immaterial as his contract that was signed pre Neeld is expiring at the end of the season. And calls for his sacking or resigning are unnecessary.

But Royal would be handling his responsibilities in response to Neelds game plan. And given we have a 4th world mid field that has no class, little talent and no familiarity with the new game plan what moves do posters think Royal can make with the crud at his disposal to change matters?

Nevertheless the silly demand for his hanging will continue.

What is laughable is you rambling in, chest puffed, banging on about how the 'torch bearers' (whoever they are), have less idea than you.

Of course we don't have the cattle and I am now convinced Royal is not delivering the message in such a way that it will create the behaviour change Neeld is after.

• Like 1

But you are holding Royal responsible for aspects which you (and I) cannot determine proper accountabilities.

Our forward line is a mess, our midfield is a mess, our game plan(s) for the past 2 years have been a mess. Our lack of talent in the midfield is embarrassing. Your favorite player and 2011 midfield flag bearer, Moloney has faded to the VFL I am not sure you or anyone not closely associated with the inner workings of the Club can even reasonably determine the performance of an assistant coach. Its often hard enough determining whether a poor performance is the players/ the coach or both.

Its not a case of Malthouse vs Royal as neither will be at our club. And its not a case of dreaming but reality. Its not a matter of necessarily extending the FD its about finding a good midfield coach to support Neeld. And appointing a good midfield coach will not be stopping us from being "irrelevant". Malthouse isnt it. We would need to have a Foundation dinner again to cover his sign on fee.

Sooooo, you're saying everything is fine as far as Royal goes? No point aiming high and trying get the best coach in the land to work for us in our most needed area?

I know it's been a long year and we're all struggling, but we need to aim high, we need to go for the best, otherwise what is the point of even existing?

BTW, Moloney is not my fave player (Clark is FYI), but I think he's copped more than his share this year.

If we're going to start going down the track of not knowing the inner workings of the club, then why bother commenting on anything? None of use are "in the know" as such, but we come here to talk about our beloved club, and the what ifs that give us a bit of hope.

This myth is based on the fact we had an AA ruckman in White in 2004 supported by a top first dibs midfielder in Scott Thompson.

Like our AA Jamar and our BnF clearance player Moloney in 2011? Both fell in a heap this year, so how does that affect your theory?

I am now convinced Royal is not delivering the message in such a way that it will create the behaviour change Neeld is after.

And that's based on??? How do you know its not the message Neeld is sending?

Sooooo, you're saying everything is fine as far as Royal goes?

I have already addressed that issue. Cant you follow?

Like our AA Jamar and our BnF clearance player Moloney in 2011? Both fell in a heap this year, so how does that affect your theory?

Proves it once again (Well done Stuie...twice in one day!). Ratten had the cattle in 2004 and Royal didnt in 2012. Well done

And that's based on??? How do you know its not the message Neeld is sending?

How about this. For the past few years, Neeld has coached the best midfield in the land. His credentials as a midfield coach cannot be questioned. Therefore, Brian Royal is at fault.

P.S. Well done, wrong again, shows your ignorance, etc.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 1

How about this. For the past few years, Neeld has coached the best midfield in the land. His credentials as a midfield coach cannot be questioned. Therefore, Brian Royal is at fault.

P.S. Well done, wrong again, shows your ignorance, etc.

:wacko: Roight!

You have to laugh when the torch carriers wont to burn an assistant coach when they dont know exactly what his role is and the extent of his accountabilities and responsibilities.

Royal may or may not be a good coach but how the hell would a person sitting in the grandstand make an informed assessment. They cant. Its immaterial as his contract that was signed pre Neeld is expiring at the end of the season. And calls for his sacking or resigning are unnecessary.

But Royal would be handling his responsibilities in response to Neelds game plan. And given we have a 4th world mid field that has no class, little talent and no familiarity with the new game plan what moves do posters think Royal can make with the crud at his disposal to change matters?

Nevertheless the silly demand for his hanging will continue.

How do you leave players free goal side and centre side in the forward half at every bounce-there are some basic errors made at nearly every bounce.The midfield we have does possess talent but they are disorganized. I can tell where the ball will go at each throw in but the players cant. They dont even stand in the right spots or facing the right way . I'll bet Chocco is gone in a week or two.
  • Like 2

How do you leave players free goal side and centre side in the forward half at every bounce-there are some basic errors made at nearly every bounce.The midfield we have does possess talent but they are disorganized. I can tell where the ball will go at each throw in but the players cant. They dont even stand in the right spots or facing the right way . I'll bet Chocco is gone in a week or two.

Can you call the Club there may be a position going for someone who can read the play? And outside Jones, our midfield is bereft of talent. And I will back your bet two fold that he will also be gone. I have never said he will be staying.

We still want to deflect from the real cause of our problems - you can't pull up socks if you are not wearing any in the first place.

How would you we know if Royal is good or not ? By the results? - if that is the case everyone from the head coach down is in trouble.

Why are we all so afraid to lay blame squarely where it belongs - Cameron Schwab - ooops, sorry, different thread.

Can you call the Club there may be a position going for someone who can read the play? And outside Jones, our midfield is bereft of talent. And I will back your bet two fold that he will also be gone. I have never said he will be staying.

If Royal coud read the play he would be ringing the SANFL or the VFA for or new "role".

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

At one point in the seecond quarter, I'm almost certain Jacobs, Dangerfield, Vince and Thompson were being matched up on our 'superstar' midfield of Spencer, McKenzie, Bail and Nicholson.

Posters here at some point need to come to the conclusion that is staring them in the face: WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD.

• Like 2

We still want to deflect from the real cause of our problems - you can't pull up socks if you are not wearing any in the first place.

How would you we know if Royal is good or not ? By the results? - if that is the case everyone from the head coach down is in trouble.

I like this piece only but not the Schwab bit!

I would have thought the issue is from the Club President down but we do love our scapegoats dont we?

Posters here at some point need to come to the conclusion that is staring them in the face: WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD.

What you are kidding?? You really mean we are not that good. :wub:

Guest King Cuthbertson

For sake of comparison, Jacobs, Thompson, Dangerfield, Mackay, van Berlo, Vince, Reilly, Douglas, Smith and Doughty have played a combined total of 1252 AFL games at an average of 125 games.

In contrast, Spencer, Nicholson, Jones, Grimes, McKenzie, Trengove, Bail, Sylvia, Blease and Howe have played a total of 561 games at an average of 56 games.

So Adelaide's onball division has more than twice the experience of the Melbourne midfield, and it showed.

So the problem for Brian Royal, is that most weeks he is fighting this lopsided equation. I can't say anything for the man's coaching ability, but he is having to coach a midfield that is generally less talented and much less experienced than the opposition. So i'm not sure what we're expecting??

• Like 1