New recruiting manager

I'm really struggling to see the relationship between this and Viney temporarily filling the hole as the chief recruiter. Is Todd temping in a boring off field role the reason why your old man doesn't want to go to the footy any more, WYL?

Of course not. It is the whole organization. Top to bottom. How often have the right decisions been made over the past 5 decades. You can only be emotionally kicked so many times. Yesterday was the first time he said "no i don't want to go" This year has really made him sad. And at his age that really pisses me off
  • Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Blind anger.

He doesn't know what he's complaining about anymore.

It's just this big hazy interlinked ball of complaint.

That's how it looks to me.

I am not asking for mass sackings or torch burnings. But i think it is more than fair to ask some serious questions, and the CEO is a good start.

In this thread?

Honestly though, if you going to ask some articulate concise questions, what would they be?

Where would you start?

Blind anger.

Exactly. We start winning some games, suddenly he'll stop giving a crap about all that other stuff. So will you and I, so will everyone.

Blind anger.

In this thread?

Honestly though, if you going to ask some articulate concise questions, what would they be?

Where would you start?

I would start by not asking you.

Blind anger.

blind anger it is not. But changing your thinking is a waste of time.

Accountability is a fair question to ask from members who turn up weekly just to be pounded. If you are content with the current situation then there is no reason for you to make a sound Jose.

2 positions?

Do you know what Viney's original position was?

I'd say it's now largely filled by 3 line development coaches, significantly lightening his workload.

I thought your issue was that he wasn't qualified and that it's "jobs for the boys"?

Nothing like twisting your argument when you realise you don't really have one.

What does you losing your passion for the club say?

I'd say it says you're weak of character.

That's my opinion.

The opinion that there are blokes who are pure recruiters and no one else can fill the role, is pure fallacy.

It's not a great job with the travel and the lack of real "action", so if you're capable of being an assistant, that's generally what you do.

I think Viney is filling a role he is well overqualified for, to the point where it's almost a waste of his talents and knowledge.

Of course I knew you were going to pull the "weak character" card but I've been going week in, week out since 1987 when I was 5 years old - I've been a 23 year continuous member and am now a Trident's Member after a decade as a Gold AFL Member which I gave up so I could support the club better financially. I will still continue to go and will be there this week but can I help it if watching our side get beaten up on by clubs who make us look amateur by comparison every single week is demoralising? In all likelihood the passion will return when we start winning games but at the moment every week is just another loss.

Back to Viney - my issue is that the club has been crap for a long time and now in a year when we will have a number of early draft picks we have just plonked someone in the role who has not demonstrated any qualifications for the role other than 1) he used to play/captain us & 2) his kid is in this draft year. He may have been in a role in player development but I would argue that our players haven't developed very well over recent years anyhow and that could very well be seen as giving a job just to get him back to the club (and to shore up the recruitment of his son). He is obviously not our first choice for a Head Recruiter and has only been given the job for the one year which says that someone doesn't think he has the capability to do the ob long-term. That being the case I think it is more than fair enough to ask questions.

Of course I knew you were going to pull the "weak character" card but I've been going week in, week out since 1987 when I was 5 years old - I've been a 23 year continuous member and am now a Trident's Member after a decade as a Gold AFL Member which I gave up so I could support the club better financially. I will still continue to go and will be there this week but can I help it if watching our side get beaten up on by clubs who make us look amateur by comparison every single week is demoralising? In all likelihood the passion will return when we start winning games but at the moment every week is just another loss.

Back to Viney - my issue is that the club has been crap for a long time and now in a year when we will have a number of early draft picks we have just plonked someone in the role who has not demonstrated any qualifications for the role other than 1) he used to play/captain us & 2) his kid is in this draft year. He may have been in a role in player development but I would argue that our players haven't developed very well over recent years anyhow and that could very well be seen as giving a job just to get him back to the club (and to shore up the recruitment of his son). He is obviously not our first choice for a Head Recruiter and has only been given the job for the one year which says that someone doesn't think he has the capability to do the ob long-term. That being the case I think it is more than fair enough to ask questions.

Well said again Dr. G.

Is Todd Viney the best man to do the job of Head Recruiter?

That is all i wish to know.

If it is a stop gap decision then the answer is no. The MFC could go through 2012 winnless. If we are to survive as an entity we need better situations than stop gaps.

Some people call it Blind Anger. I call it common sense.

Blind anger.

In this thread?

Where would you start?

What if I were to assume a place on the board..?

Jose im on this site to read what the member's think and all you ever do is put other poster's down because you are blind or just rude.

You think you know everything and the club is flying that tell's me you are blind because members have every right to ask questions of our CEO.

3 year's ago our CEO said we were at base camp and on the weekend on radio the same CEO said the same thing? What happen in the last 3 years Cam.

We are sitting 18th below GWS as a member that's a joke.

Stop putting poster's down and stop thinking the sun shine's from you know were.

The black cloud is still above the MFC like it or not.

BJ Did Schwab actually say "we are at Base Camp" again on Radio last Saturday??

I didn't hear any Pre Game talk last week.

That is pretty ordinary.

Other clubs at Base Camp have competed in GF's after 3 years...i would like to hear that interview...774?

Guest Jackie

Jose im on this site to read what the member's think and all you ever do is put other poster's down because you are blind or just rude.

You think you know everything and the club is flying that tell's me you are blind because members have every right to ask questions of our CEO.

3 year's ago our CEO said we were at base camp and on the weekend on radio the same CEO said the same thing? What happen in the last 3 years Cam.

We are sitting 18th below GWS as a member that's a joke.

Stop putting poster's down and stop thinking the sun shine's from you know were.

The black cloud is still above the MFC like it or not.

And two years ago around this time of year we were exactly where Richmond are now. We were being touted as an exciting developing club with loads of talent on the way up with a bullet and performing like it. Devastating decline.

Edited by Jackie

Big Jim, I agree that members have the right to question the CEO. I disagree that they have the right to bring up their bothersome agenda in to every single thread when it has no relevance at all to the topic at hand. I can't blame Jose for getting agitated.

Where's a bloody mod when you need one? :lol:

Big Jim, I agree that members have the right to question the CEO. I disagree that they have the right to bring up their bothersome agenda in to every single thread when it has no relevance at all to the topic at hand. I can't blame Jose for getting agitated.

Everytime WYL say's something jose just shoot's him down which really get's to me because it's clear WYL love's the MFC and has everyright to ask questions of the MFC and voice his concern's just like me or you.

I have never seen someone so happy with a club sitting 18th it's clear we are in the worst form i have seen in a long time.

Guest Jackie

This bothersome CEO seems to be the common denominator linked to most of our woes at the moment.

BJ Did Schwab actually say "we are at Base Camp" again on Radio last Saturday??

I didn't hear any Pre Game talk last week.

That is pretty ordinary.

Other clubs at Base Camp have competed in GF's after 3 years...i would like to hear that interview...774?

He was on triple M mate and he did not say it like that he just said i like to think we are richmond from 2 years ago which says to me that we are at base camp again.

We were better than Richmond 12 months ago maybe 6 months,

Im sure on a melbourne tv interview not long ago he said something like starting at base camp.

It's just a joke that Melbourne are sitting below GWS and GC.

He was on triple M mate and he did not say it like that he just said i like to think we are richmond from 2 years ago which says to me that we are at base camp again.

We need to win right now - putting date ranges is about everything but winning right now.

Im sure on a melbourne tv interview not long ago he said something like starting at base camp.

Said similar on AW, will come back to this tonight when I get some time. I have a lot to say on this, it's just not acceptable.

It is not a good look i agree. I have staunchly supported CS for a long time now but if we are still at Base Camp after 5 years please Cameron tell us all what went wrong...

You may still be the man we require as CEO but if you do not talk to the members and lay it all down.. It doesn't look good.

I have had concerns since 186 & signing Energy Watch. Both are still very murky.

Since 2010 onfield has plummetted. We were at base camp. We are not there anymore.

• Like 1

It is not a good look i agree. I have staunchly supported CS for a long time now but if we are still at Base Camp after 5 years please Cameron tell us all what went wrong...

You may still be the man we require as CEO but if you do not talk to the members and lay it all down.. It doesn't look good.

I have had concerns since 186 & signing Energy Watch. Both are still very murky.

Since 2010 onfield has plummetted. We were at base camp. We are not there anymore.

Your not wrong all we want is the truth not the same old crap.

Your not wrong all we want is the truth not the same old crap.

I have Donated hundreds of $$$'s over the last 4-5 years. To hear that we are still at Base camp or "Richmond 2010" is just not on. Something either went very wrong or the club was not very smart.

It is time to know. Should have been fully addressed at the last AGM. That is what they are for.

Getting back to the actual thread topic...

Is Todd Viney the best man to do the job of Head Recruiter?

That is all i wish to know.

And all that no-one is going into any depth on. Why does Todd Viney as interim recruiment head instil so much angst?

It's an important draft, no doubt. But what does he bring that is not sufficient to the role? What did Prendergast bring that was so irreplaceable? If we had the second in charge from Collingwood in place, would that be good enough? Remember, he has never taken charge in November either...

I have Donated hundreds of $$$'s over the last 4-5 years. To hear that we are still at Base camp or "Richmond 2010" is just not on. Something either went very wrong or the club was not very smart.

It is time to know. Should have been fully addressed at the last AGM. That is what they are for.

Yes your right i spend well over $1,000 on family membership's every year and i go every week because i love the dees but i come home every week feeling like S&&T.

I like to see that the money i give the club is going some were but it's like we just keep going backward's.

I also really like CS but it's just time for the truth to be told to the member's who keep turning up and backing the club.

I do think Neeld is a great start.

Guest José Mourinho

Weak character isn't a card.

It's just my opinion.

I only get disheartened by having to listen to supporters stick their boot into the club, or complain about things which are either inconsequential, or that they misunderstand completely.

Re: Viney,

do you really not think that recruitment of young players, and then managing the development of those same young players once they get to the club, is not intrinsically interlinked?

I'd think it would give someone the perfect grounding to understand and identify what aspects of a player's game can easily be developed, is difficult to develop, what talents are common among players, and which are incredibly rare and valuable.

Throw in the fact Viney will have a long standing intimate knowledge of players in SA and VIC through watching his son come up the ranks playing with them.

I repeat from a previous post: if anything, I think TV is well overqualified for the head recruiter position.