The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

His Bobness Lord Dylan you mean...!

Finished last night with some Creedence and imagined myself on the Bayou.

What a great singer, songwriter, guitarist John Fogerty is.

Edited by Redleg

Finished last night with some Creedence and imagined myself on the Bayou.

What a great singer, songwriter, guitarist John Fogerty is.

He did some great stuff post CCR... Centerfield and Eye of the Zombie being a couple that immediately spring to mind. Favourite CCR album was their second, Bayou Country - was never a fan of Cosmos Factory; probably because every party you ever went to back then had it playing (or maybe it's just me... after all, I'm one of those blasphemers that can't stand Dark Side of the Moon).

He did some great stuff post CCR... Centerfield and Eye of the Zombie being a couple that immediately spring to mind. Favourite CCR album was their second, Bayou Country - was never a fan of Cosmos Factory; probably because every party you ever went to back then had it playing (or maybe it's just me... after all, I'm one of those blasphemers that can't stand Dark Side of the Moon).

You would love it if you were sharing the royalties One of the biggest sellers of all time..

You would love it if you were sharing the royalties One of the biggest sellers of all time..

Don't get me wrong, I think pink Floyd deserved to have a mega hit/money spinner. I just happen to think it was one of their worst albums, having a preference for their more cerebral stuff :-) It did have some good tracks on it of course, but it just didn't really do it for me as an album from day 1 of it's release. In fact, I can only think of a handful of albums ever, that grabbed me from the moment I first heard them... The Rollings Stones "Beggars Banquet" and "Exile on Main Street", The Clash's "London Calling", Elvis Costello's "My Aim is True" and "Get Happy", Ryuichi Sakamoto's "Heartbeat" and a few others.

Edited by hardtack

Don't get me wrong, I think pink Floyd deserved to have a mega hit/money spinner. I just happen to think it was one of their worst albums, having a preference for their more cerebral stuff :-) It did have some good tracks on it of course, but it just didn't really do it for me as an album from day 1 of it's release. In fact, I can only think of a handful of albums ever, that grabbed me from the moment I first heard them... The Rollings Stones "Beggars Banquet" and "Exile on Main Street", The Clash's "London Calling", Elvis Costello's "My Aim is True" and "Get Happy", Ryuichi Sakamoto's "Heartbeat" and a few others.

I shall be buried with copies of "Exile on Main St". & "Beggars Banquet" just in case Phase 2 does not have a copy of such!!

I shall be buried with copies of "Exile on Main St". & "Beggars Banquet" just in case Phase 2 does not have a copy of such!!

I still have vivid memories of seeing the Stones at both Kooyong in Melbourne and Randwick Racecourse in Sydney on that Exile on Main Street tour... at the peak of their powers.

I still have vivid memories of seeing the Stones at both Kooyong in Melbourne and Randwick Racecourse in Sydney on that Exile on Main Street tour... at the peak of their powers.

I have the CD's to both if you wish to relive those Moments of Greatness...Mick Taylor pushed that Band to greatness for 5 years..So glad a lot of that era material is now surfacing.

Random off subject comment - If ya like "Curb your enthusiasm" try "Lead Balloon" with Jack Dee .

Oh , and the doco about "Exile on Main St" is on again - one of the foxtel music stations in early November - well worth a watch .

Random off subject comment - If ya like "Curb your enthusiasm" try "Lead Balloon" with Jack Dee .

Oh , and the doco about "Exile on Main St" is on again - one of the foxtel music stations in early November - well worth a watch .

That Doco is worth it just to hear Bobby Keys chatting...What a funny guy....I want to visit that old Mansion one day..

Jack Dee has done a few movies too...not great, but watchable fot sure

That Doco is worth it just to hear Bobby Keys chatting...What a funny guy....I want to visit that old Mansion one day..

Jack Dee has done a few movies too...not great, but watchable fot sure

I was just a tad too young for a lot of the sixties bands stuff - which is a shame really cos it was a great era - though Thorpie , The Easybeats , Chain and lots of others are firmly etched in the memory - How about "The Groove" - Australia's 1st "Supergroup ! "

I was just a tad too young for a lot of the sixties bands stuff - which is a shame really cos it was a great era - though Thorpie , The Easybeats , Chain and lots of others are firmly etched in the memory - How about "The Groove" - Australia's 1st "Supergroup ! "

I know more about British Bands from that era than Australian, as i was too young to go out, but i had access to a pile of albums..If i had gone to clubs and Dances i would have known more

The Groove played one of their first gigs at lunchtime, at my old school Melbourne High, with me in the front row.

The Groove played one of their first gigs at lunchtime, at my old school Melbourne High, with me in the front row.

Wow - that's gotta be a classic memory ! Can't imagine anything like that happening now though I stand to be corrected - great stuff

Don't have too many regrets but couda / shouda / wouda done the "Sunbury" thing in my youth .

Ah yes - I was playing cricket at St Kevin's that day - slow day in the outfield with Mick Taylor soaring above us!

Ah yes - I was playing cricket at St Kevin's that day - slow day in the outfield with Mick Taylor soaring above us!

How awesome would that be!! It was a bloody hot day i remember that part...I was listening to live Radio crosses all afternoon.

I know more about British Bands from that era than Australian, as i was too young to go out, but i had access to a pile of albums..If i had gone to clubs and Dances i would have known more

Yeah the British Bands were the Kings - esp that psychedelic / progressive rock era - Small faces , Badfinger , Procol Harum , Moody Blues - too many to mention - fantastic era for Rock

Yeah the British Bands were the Kings - esp that psychedelic / progressive rock era - Small faces , Badfinger , Procol Harum , Moody Blues - too many to mention - fantastic era for Rock

Watch a Film called "The Magic Christian" If you like that Era of British Music & Film....Amazon has many reviews.

One of my favourite films, but not well known.

Watch a Film called "The Magic Christian" If you like that Era of British Music & Film....Amazon has many reviews.

I'll check it out - cheers !

There is a superb clip on youtube....John Cleese first role

Just watched the clip - ridiculously funny - and I've already managed to get a hold of the movie ( tomorrow ) - ah what a quick world we live in !

Btw - what is this particular thread about anyway ? Hope I haven't hijacked it ! I'm "Johnny-new-boy" - don't wanna get banned too quickly !

Yes, love the Badfinger soundtrack - "If you want it, here it is, come and get it, but you better hurry 'cause it's going fast..."

Yes, love the Badfinger soundtrack - "If you want it, here it is, come and get it, but you better hurry 'cause it's going fast..."

"Here is a pound note"

One of the funniest Films ever made....The First film ch 9 transmitted in colour back in '75....bit of seless trivia there...!