Top 5

Bhima

1. Jack Grimes - Maturity, courage and leadership of a 30 year old and hasn't played 50 games yet!

2. Neville Jetta - Odd choice I know but I just love the kid! Little bloke but hits every tackle. He's just so tough in close for a little guy! Needs more pace but nonethless with more confidence he should be many people's favourite!

3. Ricky Petterd - One of the most courageous players I've seen. Almost died on a footy field and came back to improve massively! Needs to get the body right or stop throwing it around so much!

4. Tom Scully - Likewise with Petterd's courage. I can just see him winning a brownlow!

5. Austin Wonaeamirri - Still do and will always remember that comeback win against freo. Kicked a rush in the final term including the winner... And boy can he celebrate! Such a bright spark in such a dark time. I reckon his pressure is a crucial part of our future

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurrah - Not only do I love watching Liam play, but everyone I know, supporters from every club, love to watch him play. I get Hawthorn supporters coming with me to Melbourne games (not involving Hawthorn) just so we can sink beers and yell JURRAHHH at the top of our lungs. A team unto himself.

Frawley - My number one favourite player (and I told Danny this arvo). The complete footballer. The best defender I've ever seen at the MFC, and I love good defending.

Scully - I watched him in the last quarter at the Bulldogs game. 'Nuff said.

Grimes - Seriously composed, a serious talent. Hope his body holds up.

Dunn - Again, a bit of a cult hero. There's guys like Watts and Trengrove who are going to be freaks but I really admire the way Lynden cut the crap this year and started performing at a consistent level. Seeing guys handball off to him and he spanks it 65m for a goal was incredible to see. A hard worker.

1. Jurrah. Entertainment. I'm always getting angry, or trying to analyse, or criticizing something... Yet when I watch Jurrah, feel the crowd get excited, it's just pure entertainment. He's the most fun you can have at the footy.

2. Frawley. Unlike most Melbourne players I've seen. Especially defenders. He can be beaten one time in a match, in the 4th with the game already over and he'll be filthy with himself. You can bet if there's time left he'll make amends and burst through a pack off half back with the ball. Speed, power, aggression and reliabilty. Attack and defense. Brilliant.

3. Sylvia. His best is the best.

4. Scully. Never been so certain someone will be a gun. Makes watching him so enjoyable. Couldn't care less about his mistakes, I time will come when he'll rarely make one.

5. Green. Should be an example to everyone that you can always improve different parts of your game. Was a time when I wasn't much of a fan but he has won me over big time, probably our most complete player.

I also love how hard Jordie and Petterd go at it.

Not sold on Trengove, I wonder about his pace, seems a little too slow to me. I'm a bigger fan of Martin.

For how they play the game:

1 Green

2 Frawley

3 Grimes

4 Scully

5 Garland

(Scully and Trengove will probably shoot up my list in future.)

Just for what they can do:

1 Jurrah

2 Davey

3 Green

4 Sylvia

5 Bennell

Jurrah will always be No. 1 while he's playing.

As this topic is named "WHO DO LIKE?"

I shall vote:

1. Brad Green - Superstar..has been for years, now he knows it. and so does all of Melbourne/Australia

2. Mark Jamar - Shows some real character to have a year off and work your ass off to be better in every way!

3. Chip Frawley - Attack and defend. attack and defend. what else is there?

4. Col Sylvia - Best is sublime. and he could be better! (does that even make sense)

5. Aaron Davey - Wouldn't want it in anyone else's hands.

As this topic is named "WHO DO LIKE?"

I shall vote:

1. Brad Green - Superstar..has been for years, now he knows it. and so does all of Melbourne/Australia

2. Mark Jamar - Shows some real character to have a year off and work your ass off to be better in every way!

3. Chip Frawley - Attack and defend. attack and defend. what else is there?

4. Col Sylvia - Best is sublime. and he could be better! (does that even make sense)

5. Aaron Davey - Wouldn't want it in anyone else's hands.

also just noticed how most peoples names in their vote differ from their "Favorite Players" tab in their account. shows you how much we change after a few good wins.

Players are like cattle to me.

I like the best quality meat.

I like taking these opportunities to mention players who are outside our top ten. But yeah.... favourites are light and fluffy fun. My top 5 that I think have the best chance of being elite are actually 5 completely different players. Maybe I need to have a closer look.

Hannabal the Canibal

Boom boom.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Rivers - Kamakazi kid

Petterd - Ditto

McKenzie - Tough as nails

Scully - The future Chas winner

Jurrah - Even when we lose he still gives me something to smile about

1. Jurrah. Entertainment. I'm always getting angry, or trying to analyse, or criticizing something... Yet when I watch Jurrah, feel the crowd get excited, it's just pure entertainment. He's the most fun you can have at the footy.

Jurrah isn't just exciting, he is one of the most consistent and I would back him ahead of most players to stand up in a final.

1. Jurrah

2. Petterd

3. Frawley

4. Scully

5. Grimes

Grimes - Just gives everything

Jurrah - Superstar

Sylvia - Explosive

Scully - Goosebumps

Frawley - Fearless Bull

1. Grimes

2. Frawley

3. Jurrah

4. Green

5. Garland

Assuming the thread was based on favourite 5 players, not best 5.

Which it was...some people are yet to realise that though