Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

NFL


Dappa Dan
 Share


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yup. Almost certainly will be (Dallas finishing with a 9 & 7 record thus probably winning the division)

But of course Dallas have got the Saints next up ... lose that and then they then play your Eagles in a season definer (decider?)  So they could slip to 6 & 7 within 2 weeks and then they'd probably need to win their last 3 to win the division.

I doubt that the Saints will slip up with the 1 seed at stake so your Eagles hold the key.  And if Philadelphia can somehow rediscover their proper form,  they can finish off the season well (much like the Packers,  Vikes,  Falcons,  Jags & Seattle can all rally and finish well)

The 2 wild-card spots are up for grabs in the NFC ... for instance,  the Bears have almost certainly secured a playoff berth unless they 'lose-out' for the rest of the season.

image.png.8fe3cf3ca29b73a1e551e77bc2ff0b04.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Macca said:

But of course Dallas have got the Saints next up ... lose that and then they then play your Eagles in a season definer (decider?)  So they could slip to 6 & 7 within 2 weeks and then they'd probably need to win their last 3 to win the division.

I doubt that the Saints will slip up with the 1 seed at stake so your Eagles hold the key.  And if Philadelphia can somehow rediscover their proper form,  they can finish off the season well (much like the Packers,  Vikes,  Falcons,  Jags & Seattle can all rally and finish well)

The 2 wild-card spots are up for grabs in the NFC ... for instance,  the Bears have almost certainly secured a playoff berth unless they 'lose-out' for the rest of the season.

I reckon it's as good a chance as any that they'll all be 6-6, Skins, Eagles and Cowboys... problem is... Eagles won't get by the Rams... have to play Dallas in Dallas... and I don't even think they're a sure thing to beat Giants, let alone Skins twice...

My only hope is that Dallas somehow stumbles (looking unlikely), Eagles sweep the rest of the division and end up playing skins to go to playoffs.

Thing is, noone in that division is winning a playoff. No chance.

Loving that the Bears are relevant as well. Loving what they're doing both sides of the ball. No disrespect for other teams in their division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I reckon it's as good a chance as any that they'll all be 6-6, Skins, Eagles and Cowboys... problem is... Eagles won't get by the Rams... have to play Dallas in Dallas... and I don't even think they're a sure thing to beat Giants, let alone Skins twice...

My only hope is that Dallas somehow stumbles (looking unlikely), Eagles sweep the rest of the division and end up playing skins to go to playoffs.

Thing is, noone in that division is winning a playoff. No chance.

Loving that the Bears are relevant as well. Loving what they're doing both sides of the ball. No disrespect for other teams in their division.

The Packers & Vikes have both been hugely disappointing and neither team has any excuses whatsoever.  And the Bears have been solid with terrific D and to be perfectly honest,  Chicago have shown up the other 2. 

But it is not over yet in terms of securing a wild-card spot ... there's normally always 2 or 3 teams in each conference that rally late and I'm hoping that GB can be 1 of those teams.  As previously stated,  we don't have any excuses not to rally late.  If we play to our best we can win any of our remaining 6 games.  If not,  it's a massive fail. 

@ Vikes,  vs Arizona,  vs Atlanta,  @ Bears,  @ Jets & vs Detroit.  

Edited by Macca
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I had no idea that there was an NFL thread on demonland! How convenient.

After getting back from a US trip with my American partner, I’m now a newly converted-Rams fan. As I’m not really into cricket, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a sport that I can watch while Afl is out of season!!

I wanted to reach out to any other Australia-based nfl watchers...about whether anyone knows of any good places/sites to stream game replays? I considered the NFL game pass but it seems too pricey to buy one this late in the season. Any help would be much appreciated! 

 

Go Rams ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, pilgrim said:

Hi everyone! I had no idea that there was an NFL thread on demonland! How convenient.

After getting back from a US trip with my American partner, I’m now a newly converted-Rams fan. As I’m not really into cricket, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a sport that I can watch while Afl is out of season!!

I wanted to reach out to any other Australia-based nfl watchers...about whether anyone knows of any good places/sites to stream game replays? I considered the NFL game pass but it seems too pricey to buy one this late in the season. Any help would be much appreciated! 

 

Go Rams ?

Welcome to the House, who’s house? RAMS HOUSE!!!

Other than Foxtel and game pass, I think mate show some games.

Game pass whilst expensive I loved as I got every Rams game plus I could watched condensed gams of others plus all the shows.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Welcome to the House, who’s house? RAMS HOUSE!!!

And here am I thinking it was an NFL thread

Should us non Ram fans start a new thread Gorg? ???

 

 

 

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


My tips - Pats,  Steelers,  Packers

Paging @titan_uranus  @Dr. Gonzo 

 

Leaderboard in the comp

6 - JV7,  Dr. Gonzo

5 - layzie

4 - Go the Biff,  Clintosaurus,  Dappa Dan,  Dee Zephyr,  DeeSpencer

3 - titan_uranus,  Gorgoroth,  Macca, 

2 - DemonDave

image.png.50347443d7bd30beeef587a618e7be0b.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gorgoroth said:

Nah, it’s ok mate. We will let you still post in here ?

Ha ha ha!

To be fair,  you've been through a mountain of pain with those Fisher-led Rams.  A living nightmare for a decade - bit like the Demons so it's a double resurgence. 

You'll go close this year but those pesky Saints are your only stumbling block as I see it ... and New Orleans are playing lights-out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Macca said:

Ha ha ha!

To be fair,  you've been through a mountain of pain with those Fisher-led Rams.  A living nightmare for a decade - bit like the Demons so it's a double resurgence. 

You'll go close this year but those pesky Saints are your only stumbling block as I see it ... and New Orleans are playing lights-out. 

Saints are playing the best ball in the comp. still, just got to be better on the day if we manage to get to the championship game.

We needed to secure top seed so we didn’t have to travel to N.O.

They have some good teams to vs as do we, I think both will lose a game on the run into the playoffs, just a matter if they lose more than us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Saints are playing the best ball in the comp. still, just got to be better on the day if we manage to get to the championship game. 

We needed to secure top seed so we didn’t have to travel to N.O.

They have some good teams to vs as do we, I think both will lose a game on the run into the playoffs, just a matter if they lose more than us.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that the NFC Championship game on the road is almost worth 2 TD's or more in terms of the scoreline. 

Packers in the last 5 years have lost at Seattle & at Atlanta in NFC Championship games so home field does matter ... by contrast,  it didn't matter in 2010/11 when GB were on the road throughout the playoffs and captured the prize. 

As you said,  either way,  you just have to be better on the day regardless.  Even at this early stage it's hard to imagine the Rams not having the wild-card weekend off so you've just got to make sure you aren't rusty in week 2 of the playoffs (as GB were in 2011/12 when we inexplicably lost to the Giants at Lambeau in week 2 of the playoffs after going 15-1 in the regular season)

Nothing is guaranteed but it's exciting times for your Rams.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pilgrim said:

Hi everyone! I had no idea that there was an NFL thread on demonland! How convenient.

After getting back from a US trip with my American partner, I’m now a newly converted-Rams fan. As I’m not really into cricket, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a sport that I can watch while Afl is out of season!!

I wanted to reach out to any other Australia-based nfl watchers...about whether anyone knows of any good places/sites to stream game replays? I considered the NFL game pass but it seems too pricey to buy one this late in the season. Any help would be much appreciated! 

 

Go Rams ?

Welcome mate! Always good to see people getting more into the NFL and the Rams are a great team to get on board. Good times ahead on field and will soon have a stadium that will be the envy of the league! 

As for watching games it’s not easy without the game pass which is amazing if you can afford it, don’t have it this year unfortunately. 7 Mate does 3 games on Monday morning and fortunately for you the Rams should feature in a few of those from now till the end of the season. Failing that the NFL channel on Youtube is good for 10 min highlight packages of each game, last resort but it’s better than nothing. Just make sure if you don’t know the final score that you squint when you start the video because it shown at that moment! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dappa was the lone points scorer this week whilst the rest of us bombed out with either the Jags or Steelers (or both!) 

Leaderboard in the comp

6 - JV7,  Dr. Gonzo

5 - layzie,  Dappa Dan

4 - Go the Biff,  Clintosaurus,  Dee Zephyr,  DeeSpencer

3 - titan_uranus,  Gorgoroth,  Macca, 

2 - DemonDave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Big Ben with the pick to lose the game!

Quite a moment wasn't it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him throw an interception like that  

That loss could be very costly for the Steelers in terms of gaining the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.  Pittsburgh still have to play the Pats,  Saints (A) & Chargers so just winning the division will be of paramount importance for them now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Big Ben with the pick to lose the game!

 

10 hours ago, Macca said:

Quite a moment wasn't it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him throw an interception like that  

That loss could be very costly for the Steelers in terms of gaining the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.  Pittsburgh still have to play the Pats,  Saints (A) & Chargers so just winning the division will be of paramount importance for them now.

I was walking past the desk the packers and steeelers fan at work sit at, I asked the score (I usually avoid so I can 2atch but doing waaaay too much OT at the min) and they had the ball at the 15, I kept walking past, h3 yells out, it’s at the 1 yrd line, I turned around and said “He will throw an interception!”

So that happened... I actually thought he was lying to me so I walked back to see it on the screen... what a huge result.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Macca said:

Quite a moment wasn't it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him throw an interception like that  

That loss could be very costly for the Steelers in terms of gaining the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC.  Pittsburgh still have to play the Pats,  Saints (A) & Chargers so just winning the division will be of paramount importance for them now.

I was against him in fantasy, and was just sitting hoping Connor would run it in. He got that 1 yard carry bringing it to the the 1... and then that.

Some good stuff this weekend. Gee the Chargers are going well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Some good stuff this weekend. Gee the Chargers are going well. 

8 & 3 is a great result for the Chargers and Rivers is at the top of his game as well.

QB's getting better into their late 30's is becoming the norm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Welcome to the House, who’s house? RAMS HOUSE!!!

Other than Foxtel and game pass, I think mate show some games.

Game pass whilst expensive I loved as I got every Rams game plus I could watched condensed gams of others plus all the shows.

Thanks for that Gorgoroth! I agree the game pass is great, I tested out the free trial and it’s defintely a good investment. I’m more weighing up if it’s worth it this late in the season. Next year for sure!

??????

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Texans won their 8th straight...

And it's good to see a number of teams with excellent D vying for playoff spots.  They say that defense often wins out but the offense of KC,  Rams, Saints is quite something. 

The teams with the best balance are probably still the Pats & Steelers whilst the D of the Chargers,  Dallas & Chicago has been quite miserly but Dallas' ability to score is an issue for them. 

The Chargers run home isn't easy ... @ Steelers,  vs Cinci,  @ KC,  vs Ravens,  @ Denver. 

By contrast,  Houston can win out and could quite possibly snag the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC ... vs Browns,  vs Indi,  @ Jets, @ Eagles,  vs Jags

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Do we get some kind of participation award for nailing 0 tips? 

If I was to frame the odds this week there would be a few big drifters whilst the plunge might be the on the cards with a couple!  We're rapidly running out of weeks DZ. 

I will post up the games for week 13 directly.  It's 'Moving' week coming up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Wednesday 1st February 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT REHAB  Clarry, Max, Farris-White, Melky, Matt Jefferson, Jakey Lever, Joel Smith & 1 Other I couldn't place. Glad to see the Club being ultra cautious with Clarry's thumb BUT the fact he is still troubled with it is worrying (God I hate Selwood) Got there at 10.50 to see Full match Simulation Game between the Blues and the Whites. Quite clearly the Blues were the A Team and the Whites were the possibles. Some interesting faces in the white Team h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 25th January 2023

    DEMONLAND’S TRAINING REPORT Rehab Group: Lever (in runners but kicking the ball well and seems to be moving well), Max (not present), Melksham, Howes, AMW, J Smith - then later joined by the following not participating in contract drills/Match SIM - Brown, Spargo, D Turner, Verrall, Adams  Stafford was out early with Grundy & Verrall doing ruck drills.  White Guernseys: May, Bowey, Trac, JVR, Rivers, Sestan, Nibbler, Kozzie, Grundy, Hunter, Harmes, Fritsch, Laurie, Jord

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 23rd January 2023

    WIZARD333'S TRAINING REPORT I went down and it was locked out for first hour but could see through fence then allowed in. Max Gawn ran laps — it looks like a 3 to 4 week injury. Andy Moniz-Wakefield ran laps. Blake Howes was taken off late as was on restricted minutes. Adam Tomlinson loudest on track and a leader - surprised me but won't be in best 25. Jake Lever on bike and walking up n down stairs, yelling out as he does. Melky copped a niggle so ran laps but

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 20th January 2023

    TOUGH KENT'S TRAINING REPORT I journeyed out to Casey today and was fortunate enough to watch two quarters of match simulation. Here is a brief rundown of random occurrences/thoughts. First of all, there was no Jake Lever (ankle) or Joel Smith involved. AMW is still in rehab and was running strongly. It was Blue (Probables) v Red (Possibles) JvR was in blue. Ben Brown, T-Mac, Hibbo and Tom Sparrow were in red. Gus Brayshaw started at half back for blue and stayed there all game.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 18th January 2023

    DEE ZEPHYR'S TRAINING REPORT Morning all. First time at Goschs for a while, there’s a scoreboard set up which I’ve never seen here before. Possible match sim? Williams yelling out to players to get their hands off hips during drills. Gus looks fine to me. Absolutely., first two mins of match sim and his kicking is exquisite on both sides. He’s moving incredibly well.  Some observations from a match sim drill that lasted about 15-20 mins. The purpose se

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 16th January 2023

    STINGA'S TRAINING REPORT Went with a friend to watch training this morning.  They have 3 sets of temporary grandstands set up next to the rooms for spectators and get a good view of everything. Fritsch was the only absentee and J Smith was on the bike for the whole session. Everyone in their own numbers except JVR in 44,   Kye Turner is 47 and Burgoyne 33. Started off with goal kicking which has been described before. Then an agility routine where where they ducked aroun

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 13th January 2023

    REDLEGS23'S TRAINING REPORT Got to training about 9:50 & headed off by 11:30. Rehab / Light Drills: • Jed Adams • Kyah Farris-White • Will Varrall • I think i spotted Joel Smith, but could be wrong. The above doing light drills. Andy Moniz-Wakefield & Trent Burgoyne doing seperate laps / runs for the whole session. James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw & Steven May all started with the main group but then progressed to light duties / laps for the remainder of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 11th January 2023

    WAYNE WUSSELL'S TRAINING REPORT Haven’t noticed Oliver, Petracca and Hunter, just about everyone else accounted for. Petracca here! J Smith striding out in rehab. BB taking lots of shots on goal after session marking in goal square v Stafford Younger players tending to float short passes to leading forward (D Smith, 33, 39, KF-S) while Petracca, Viney, Kossie, ANB shoot hard and low bullets Harmes, Verall, & Adams doing agility, ball handling JVR stand out in te

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...