NFL

Dappa Dan

3 minutes ago, JV7 said:

I think he Panthers are the better side on both sides of the ball... Broncos D is on fire, the way Miller & Ware are going they are more than more capable of causing Newton some problems... But I think the Panthers have more options on offense. Surely this will be Peyton's swansong ? In the end I think it'll come down to the Broncos D vs Cam & the Panthers  Offense because I reckon the Panthers D can hold Peyton & the offense 

I tend to agree JV7 but I honestly thought the Pats were going to win today as well ... and then go on and win another SB.

We all picked New England here on this thread but the Broncos did play a good game - one could argue that Denver had much tougher opposition today too.

7 turnovers by the Cards today said it all - they never looked like it ... I reckon it's the Panther's time but an unexpected setback early in the SB could throw the game wide open - the game could be close throughout.

• Like 1

Denver were magnificent today, even with their run game being stuffed. Panthers were fantastic, but Palmer choked and choked hard, he made a lot of dumb choices.

For Denver to win their D need to pressure Newton which has been very very hard to do, any one know if their two safeties that got hurt will be available?

They did well on Gronk and will transfer that to Olsen, Denver can also contain the Panthers run game, which would mean the Panthers will rely on passing game which isn't their go. 

I do think Panthers will win, but I don't think it will be as easy as the cards game was.

My thoughts are summarised as:

Carolina offense 8.5/10 v  Denver Defense 10/10 - Carolina score approx 20 points

Denver offense 6/10  v Carolina defense 8.5/10 - Denver score approx 15 points 

But there's always the wildcards of:

1. special teams

2. Unexpected turnovers

3. missed FG's and missed PAT

4. Injuries - and on that point Davis is already under a big injury cloud

9 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Have they said which bone in his army is broken? I read he had surgery and was hoping to play... I've broken my scaphoid and worked and played for three months so that's do-able. Tackling was hard and hurt tho. 

Not that I've seen, but they'll plate it, put a cast over it, jab it and he'll play, but whether he can be effective I guess we will find out. He'll be ok in pass coverage and if he can 'hit' as they say, where they just spear in and make a tackle that way, not sure he'll be able to tackle if he has to use his arm/hands to hold a tackle.

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Looks like the chargers are returning to LA.

And the Raiders could end up in Vegas ... the "Vegas Raiders?"

There doesn't seem to be a lot of sympathy for the fans who lose their team ... in fact, the fans often get blamed.

The money in the NFL is just ridiculous though - these decisions to move cities often involve vast sums of potential future monies.

However, it does add a lot of interest to have a major sporting team operating out of Las Vegas ... not sure if that slogan "Whatever happens here, stays here" will necessarily apply though.

It does seem quite apparent that San Diego and Oakland will both lose their teams though (sooner rather than later) ... I often hear Jacksonville's name being brought up too.

And don't they want a team in London eventually?

Going against the grain and tipping the Broncos, i think a universal sporting law seems to be that a strong defense will help you win big games, they were able to beat the Patriots who i thought would win the superbowl, so if they managed that, i see no reason they can't topple the Panthers.

21 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

Going against the grain and tipping the Broncos, i think a universal sporting law seems to be that a strong defense will help you win big games, they were able to beat the Patriots who i thought would win the superbowl, so if they managed that, i see no reason they can't topple the Panthers.

Broncos safeties Darian Stewart and TJ Ward to have full training today. If they can be fit for the game it will help them enormously. 

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Broncos safeties Darian Stewart and TJ Ward to have full training today. If they can be fit for the game it will help them enormously. 

Absolutely! should be a good game either way! best defense vs best offense :D

• Like 2

The pro bowl is god awful. 133 players rejected the offer to attend. Teddy Bridgewater got a gig. I love teddy but he didn't deserve a pro bowl spot. I was hoping San Diego would stay leaving one team in L.A. The raiders could end up at Broadmeadows they seem that desperate to go anywhere. 

• Like 2

The pro bowl still got a 5+ rating which will probably mean they'll keep it going (at least for the next couple of years)

I took no interest in it at all and can offer no real way of finding a way to resurrect interest in it ... the real problem is that it's now been almost completely reduced to touch football. 

19 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

what time is actual kick off? COME ON BRONCS!!!!

Think Panthers will get over us, Newtown is too allusive a QB and I don't think we can score enough on offence.

Think it's 10.30 Cards and good luck. 

I've picked the Panthers but can also make a sound case for Denver winning (esp if your D reigns supreme) 

Panthers 27 - Broncos 20 

We all think the same really... If the Broncos defense shows up like the AFCC game then they are a real chance. Panthers have been getting off to fast starts all year so will be interesting to see if they can get the jump early, their 2nd halves have been fairly average lately. 

Anyone else taken the day off Monday  ? I couldn't stand not been able to watch it live! 

Also, who is everyone barracking for ? I'm a bit torn, don't really want a divison rival to win it but I would like to see a new team take it out... Don't think I can cheer for a div rival:huh:

Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JV7 said:

Panthers 27 - Broncos 20 

We all think the same really... If the Broncos defense shows up like the AFCC game then they are a real chance. Panthers have been getting off to fast starts all year so will be interesting to see if they can get the jump early, their 2nd halves have been fairly average lately. 

Anyone else taken the day off Monday  ? I couldn't stand not been able to watch it live! 

Also, who is everyone barracking for ? I'm a bit torn, don't really want a divison rival to win it but I would like to see a new team take it out... Don't think I can cheer for a div rival:huh:

I've got work but have 5 - 6 hours off in-between a couple of decent shifts (I'm hoping to watch all the game live)

I'll probably post here if I can ... I'd like to see Peyton get another win despite picking the Panthers ... keep imagining the first possession ending up in a pick 6 - wouldn't that liven things up?

• Like 1

Got Monday and Tuesday off.

If the Broncos D can stuff the run of the Panthers and Newton himself it goes a long way to winning the game.

I have thought that Manning could have a cracking game and get them over the line. For his sake and to get the media off his back over his playoff record.

• Like 1