final lists- Assistance please

jayceebee31

Can someone please explain to me how our list works.? Noticed Hawthorn have 39 in final senior list and 8 Rookies. Adelaide have-40 Senior/7 rookies,similar to Collingwood. Therefore why do we have only a total of 46. PLEASE EXPLAIN-THANKS

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...55/default.aspx

Edited by jayceebee31

This should explain everything along with the subsequent post.

The only thing you need to ignore is "now that each club has been granted 2 extra rookie spots this will change to give us a potential 48 in 2010." that was a mistake we'll still be at 46.

Edited by 1858

This should explain everything along with the subsequent post.

The only thing you need to ignore is "now that each club has been granted 2 extra rookie spots this will change to give us a potential 48 in 2010." that was a mistake we'll still be at 46.

Thanks for trying however I'm more confused- Why Hawthorn has- 1 more than us.

Thanks for trying however I'm more confused- Why Hawthorn has- 1 more than us.

Is Michael Johnston a NSW scholarship rookie elevation? I think they might get an extra rookie list spot for such players.

Edit: Port Adelaide has done the same and also has one extra on their rookie list. I think that is the answer.

2nd Edit: Adelaide also.

Edited by Keyser Söze

The bit Keyser referenced is correct. The extra 2 players Hawthorn (now) have on their total list is because of the 2 NSW scholarship players appended to their standard rookie list of 7. This means they have 9 rookies in total (7+2) giving them a total list of 48 players. Hawthorn have 7 standard rookie listed players as they have only 1 veteran listed player.

Our standard rookie list is 6 players as we have two veteran listed players. We have no NSW scholarship players appended to our standard rookie list so it stays at 6.

[standard Rookie List + NSW Scholarship Rookies ] + Main Senior List + Veterans List = Total List

Melbourne

[6 + 0] + 38 + 2 = 46

Hawthorn

[7 + 2] + 38 + 1 = 48

Edited by 1858