Shane Mumford

Mousey

Bit of action going on in here. I think Mummy would only be an option if Jamar left, and I don't think Jamar will leave.

I was thinking about this yesterday Morton, and I came to the other conclusion. If Mumsy ends up in the PSD and is the best option in there, I see no reason at all why we wouldn't take him. He's young enough to be a part of our future success, and realistically, none of our ruckmen are world beaters. Get into him I say.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geelong must have seen something to have picked him in the first place

No doubt us needing another ruckman even for the insurance

Know little about him other than what the stats show but i would bet somone at Melbourne does

I wouldnt be trading draft picks on anyone but players we consider NQR is a different matter

Now that the McLean deal has been done i think we have 3 more trades to go

This thread has some fire to it.

Mumford will most likely end up being better than Jamar, but Jamar is not a bad ruckman if that is what you require. He will not kick 80 goals a year down forward, but he will win taps outs around the ground and is a good mark.

Jamar looks likely to be a big trade target, and given the dees lust for earlier picks we could see him playing elsewhere nest season, leaving us with meesen, johnno and spencer. If this happens we chase Mumford, even at 1 mill over 3 years ( a tad rich for my liking, but there are worse contracts out there) he will be the best option going forward.

I think you will find jamar+50 go to port for pick their second round pick, something along those lines. That does leave pick 34 to trade to perhaps Geelong for Mumford, or Geelong may ask for more such as on trading ports second round pick. Hard to gauge value on players and picks, geeling do need to shed some cap space and getting pick 34 instead of losing Mumford for nothing is at least something.

I think you will find jamar+50 go to port for pick their second round pick, something along those lines. That does leave pick 34 to trade to perhaps Geelong for Mumford, or Geelong may ask for more such as on trading ports second round pick. Hard to gauge value on players and picks, geeling do need to shed some cap space and getting pick 34 instead of losing Mumford for nothing is at least something.

not a big jamar fan but he's worth more than that to us

Ok Rookie clown, How many times have you watched Shane Mumford, Thats right f%%K all !! A free bit of advice READ POSTS BEFORE HAVING A CRACK. Good night princess and have fun at school tomorrow.

Im not saying your wrong. I rate Jamar highly as well. However I have watched alot of Mumford and there is alot to like.

But I agree with most that while Mumford is good and could become very good, im a Jamar fan and I think he is about to have a career best season. I hope he does and I hope it's with the Demons.

When it comes to your argument with the "rookie", I suggest 2 things... 1: No personal attacks, makes you look like the one going to school, and 2: No need to bag him purely based on the fact he is new, for all we know he knows more about footy than you, me, and many others. He may know nothing but he may also know alot. We were all rookies once so ease up because I for one welcome some new ideas and posting every once in a while.

Sorry to have a go, just one of very few who hates rookie bashing, even if the guy made an honest mistake.

Edited by Demons 32

I was thinking about this yesterday Morton, and I came to the other conclusion. If Mumsy ends up in the PSD and is the best option in there, I see no reason at all why we wouldn't take him. He's young enough to be a part of our future success, and realistically, none of our ruckmen are world beaters. Get into him I say.

Ahh once again the PSD comes into play, good point pantaloons. If he were to get to the PSD then I can't see why we wouldn't take him. My only question is what are the reasons for a club letting a player slip into the PSD? Why would Geelong or say Port Adelaide (SB) let their player slide without getting something for them?

Ahh once again the PSD comes into play, good point pantaloons. If he were to get to the PSD then I can't see why we wouldn't take him. My only question is what are the reasons for a club letting a player slip into the PSD? Why would Geelong or say Port Adelaide (SB) let their player slide without getting something for them?

In essence, you're right. It doesn't happen all the time, but every year there's a side that can't afford what a player is asking for or being offered by another club, thinks/hopes they can do a deal or re-sign the player during trade week but in the end can't. I'd at least like Melbourne to be actively pursuing Mumford, in his ear for the rest of the week, and either have him via trade or as a likely PSD candidate.

Could be a CJ situation. The club knows the player will walk so refuses to deal with the club and the player refuses to agree to any deal anyway knowing where he is going via the PSD.

The wraps on Mummy down here in Geelong are that he will be a gun.

He's just getting used to his body know that he has become a lot fitter than he was previously - he used to be a BIG fat boy, but got by cos of his immense bulk.

There are stories about him once eating something like 25 sausages in bread in one sitting.

The guy is an eating machine, but since than he has become serious about his fitness and his football career.

Mumford could be anything... even Nick Stevens taller brother...

And sorry about that pun at the start, it wasn't intended.

Edited by Keyser Sose

In essence, you're right. It doesn't happen all the time, but every year there's a side that can't afford what a player is asking for or being offered by another club, thinks/hopes they can do a deal or re-sign the player during trade week but in the end can't. I'd at least like Melbourne to be actively pursuing Mumford, in his ear for the rest of the week, and either have him via trade or as a likely PSD candidate.

What would be your idea of a decent trade? An example is say pick 18. The logic behind getting Mumford would be the difference in him and Spencer/Messon if that makes sense? So would difference between Mumford and Spencer/Messon be more of a benefit in itself then what pick 18 would add to our team? It's a complicated thought but I don't rate Ruckmen that high so I would rather pick 18. All depends on what we would trade and if we could get him in the PSD.

Could be a CJ situation. The club knows the player will walk so refuses to deal with the club and the player refuses to agree to any deal anyway knowing where he is going via the PSD.

Wonder if Luke Ball has been rejected enough to no worry about the saints.

Edited by Mr Morton

What would be your idea of a decent trade? An example is say pick 18.

You know, I'd love to get him without giving up pick 18. One way to do this is via the PSD. That way also incurs a fair bit of shafting of Geelong and I don't know how good that is for the future trading between the clubs, but is the cheapest way for now! The other is to package 34 plus one of or a combination of pick 50 and a player such as Buckley or another we've looked at in the trading forum. I'd say the Cats will be more keen on our picks than our players, but Buckley's pace may be of some interest.

You know, I'd love to get him without giving up pick 18. One way to do this is via the PSD. That way also incurs a fair bit of shafting of Geelong and I don't know how good that is for the future trading between the clubs, but is the cheapest way for now! The other is to package 34 plus one of or a combination of pick 50 and a player such as Buckley or another we've looked at in the trading forum. I'd say the Cats will be more keen on our picks than our players, but Buckley's pace may be of some interest.

I would be happy to give away 36 and Buckley, although I could another team topping that. So many aspects to a trade it's frustrating trying to brake it down and work out the likely team.

(Press x button and simulate to friday)

Mumford for pick 36?

or Mumfored for Buckley?

Jack the Ripper or Pineapple Express?

???

I just don't rate Mumford that highly.

He deserves kudos for getting a game and holding a spot for a fair chunk of the season in a premiership winning side, but I don't think he's shown enough yet.

???

I just don't rate Mumford that highly.

He deserves kudos for getting a game and holding a spot for a fair chunk of the season in a premiership winning side, but I don't think he's shown enough yet.

I do not rate him either, would hardly say Giving pick 36 and or Buckley is rating him highly.

not a big jamar fan but he's worth more than that to us

Indeed. That's below market rates and he's worth more than market value to us, given our ruck stocks.

I do not rate him either, would hardly say Giving pick 36 and or Buckley is rating him highly.

I agree.

By the way, I don't know if this is predicated on obtaining pick 36 from someone, but we've got 34.

I don't rate Mumford either. Seems to only do as much as Blake and that's bugger all. Might be a decent pick on the smaller Sydney ground but he'd be lost on the big MCG.

Either way, if I were picking up a plodder from Geelong I'd take Lonegan for a bargain price (considerably less than they're asking for Mumford). He's a competent player, big enough to hold down a key position, very gutsy, can kick a goal and has been made to look quite a lot worse due to Geelong's style of play.

"The Australian newspaper reports the club has offered Geelong youngster Shane Mumford a lucrative three-year-deal"

Source - afl.com.au

They are talking about the Swans. Approx $1m over 3 years.

It looks as though we're not going to trade to get him (that's assuming we're interested), therefore I think he is worth $900k over 3 years and get him in the PSD.

I'm a bit concerned about this "waiting for the PSD" - there is no guarantee that top players will be available. We could miss the boat by not being more aggressive during trade week if we have someone in mind. Unless...they have got someone stitched up already for the PSD (almost an in-principal(?) agreement). If they pull of a big name in the PSD, hats off to them. If we get nothing in the PSD and find that Burgoyne goes to Hawks, Mumford goes to Sydney during trade, I will be a little disappointed.

Could be an interesting Friday coming up. Does anyone know where we can get an up-to-date list of who has what draft picks?

"The Australian newspaper reports the club has offered Geelong youngster Shane Mumford a lucrative three-year-deal"

Source - afl.com.au

How lucrative?

Wojcinski, what's his status - is he out of contract at present? Geelong's salary cap needs relief.

They are talking about the Swans. Approx $1m over 3 years.

It looks as though we're not going to trade to get him (that's assuming we're interested), therefore I think he is worth $900k over 3 years and get him in the PSD.

I'm a bit concerned about this "waiting for the PSD" - there is no guarantee that top players will be available. We could miss the boat by not being more aggressive during trade week if we have someone in mind. Unless...they have got someone stitched up already for the PSD (almost an in-principal(?) agreement). If they pull of a big name in the PSD, hats off to them. If we get nothing in the PSD and find that Burgoyne goes to Hawks, Mumford goes to Sydney during trade, I will be a little disappointed.

Could be an interesting Friday coming up. Does anyone know where we can get an up-to-date list of who has what draft picks?

I actually read that as Geelong offering him 3 years, thanks though.

If we get nothing in the PSD and find that Burgoyne goes to Hawks, Mumford goes to Sydney during trade, I will be a little disappointed.

Jake Niall:

"Trade for show, draft for dough".

How lucrative?

Wojcinski, what's his status - is he out of contract at present? Geelong's salary cap needs relief.

Wojo - out of contract. It will either be Mummy or Wojo gone due to salary cap (and as they are both OOC). Wojo is 29 I read somewhere, wouldn't touch him. Blake agreed to a 2 year deal.