• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My trade week wish complete!

Dee tention

Pick 1 - Scully

Pick 2 - Trengove

Pick 8 - Tapscott (trade Pick 18 and Jamar to Port for Pick 8)

Pick 10 - Panos (trade Garland and Dunn to Essendon for Pick 10 & Alwyn Davey)

Pick 11 - ????? (best available KPP or player)

Pick 22 - Majak Daw (trade Miller and Valenti to Sydney for Pick 22)

Pick 34 - Dylan Grimes

Pick 51 - Pass or trade

PSD1 - LJ MkII or best available player out of contract

Note: - Garland (serious injury????)

- Port will most likely have Pick 9 from Hawthorn allowing them to trade Pick 8 to us.

Add - Alwyn Davey

Gone - Robbo, Whelan, Wheatley, Miller, Valenti, Garland, Dunn, Meesen, Zomer, Bell and Pick 51 to Port for Pick 89?, ????.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the last draft b4 the Gold Coast and West Sydney arrive! So I am keen on draft picks and freeing up the list all so.

We need to trade away those fringe players who have been around for a while. They need opportunity elsewhere and we need draft picks for them. Both parties happy!

If it is the last uncompromised draft for a while then what makes you think other teams will be throwing away their early picks to take our fodder off our hands?

Face facts, our picks are solid as they stand and are 90% likely to remain as they are.

Your miller/valenti types will be traded for later pick swapping, not in the first round. And that is optimistic to think that sides want to trade with a team which has scraped together a handful of wins in the last 3 years.

Lets gets a few guns with picks 1 & 2, then lets see what is available for 11 & 18.

Still hoping Burgoyne falls through the cracks to us in the PSD. He is a freakin gun!

Dee tention; You seem to have this idea that if you offer up two substandard players for trade, the opposition will give you something of value in return, as if offering two crap players makes your offer two times as good simply because there are two of them. It doesn't- I doubt Sydney would even take Valenti for free, all he would do is occupy a spot on their list that could go to a player with some prospect of being a good player one day. Maybe we can get trade Miller, but I'm not banking on it, and he certainly won't feature in a trade for a second round pick. What's their motivation to do this trade? The fact that you want them to?

Have you seen Panos play? If so, what it is about him that makes him better than Garland? Why trade someone who has shown that he definitely has the talent to be a very good KPP (injury permitting) for a kid who might not even make it and an inconsistent, injury-prone midfielder? Being aggressive is fine, but that seems almost suicidal. And again, if Garland alone is not enough to get pick ten and Davey, how is throwing in a depth player like Dunn going to make any difference? With several promising young utilities coming through, what are Essendon's supposed to do with someone like Dunn?

Going on what we know so far, I would probably keep all our picks. If a very good 23-26 year old crops up during trade period that's another story, but I dont want to swap any of our top four draft picks or anyone on our list who'd have currency, for a Lake, Everitt, Gibson or any of the names that have cropped up so far, nor do I want to trade another established player for draft picks (as I said before it happened, I wasn't even too keen on McLean for pick 11).

Its the last draft b4 the Gold Coast and West Sydney arrive! So I am keen on draft picks and freeing up the list all so.

We need to trade away those fringe players who have been around for a while. They need opportunity elsewhere and we need draft picks for them. Both parties happy!

It's not like we get NO picks when GC and GWS come in. You always need a balance between youth and experience regardless of this being the last uncompromised draft. Why would we throw away Garland who was touted as one of the competitions most promising KPD in 2008? Sure he has had some trouble with his foot but our medicos have said he will make a full recovery. I admit that I was all for trading Jamar in order to gain ONE more first round draft pick, but now that we have got 11 I think it's fair to say we have 'loaded up' enough. I can't see us trading for more high draft picks, and I can't see us trading either of 11 or 18 away.

My wish is that trade week was already over. It's just 1 week full of crap with about 5% of the players traded worth anything. Give me the drafts anytime over this bulldust.

I agree BROCKSTAR5. Are you going to change your username?

My trade will be complete in perfect fashion when I wake up tomorrow morning to see Flash and LJ both on 3 year contact tomorrow morning (hoping).

yes i agree, worry about signing our own superstars before looking at other players from different clubs, hopefully i dream davey n jurrah re-sign and is true in the morning: :)

ridiculous, trading away all those players... esp. garland...

It will actually be easier to trade for draft picks 6 - 15 next season, as the Gold Coast will have every second one of them, and will surely look to secure some experienced players for their list... If you're ever going to get a high draft pick for some mediocre players, it will be next season... If we're going to do it, we could do it then...

Would be very upset if we had that result from trade period. Trading Garland???? My word people get paranoid. He ha a stress fracture FCS. He's not a cripple. He'll be fine. Trust me. FINE!!!!

A required player. Not up for trade. End of story.

It will actually be easier to trade for draft picks 6 - 15 next season, as the Gold Coast will have every second one of them, and will surely look to secure some experienced players for their list... If you're ever going to get a high draft pick for some mediocre players, it will be next season... If we're going to do it, we could do it then...

This hadn't occurred to me before, but it's blindingly obvious when you think about it. Do you think this could have been why Bell, Newton & PJ were contracted until end 2010?

Guest Watts=Saviour
Would be very upset if we had that result from trade period. Trading Garland???? My word people get paranoid. He ha a stress fracture FCS. He's not a cripple. He'll be fine. Trust me. FINE!!!!

A required player. Not up for trade. End of story.

Exactly. I had a stress fracture in my foot earlier in the year, similar to what Garland has, and it's healed perfectly. He's a star, they wouldn't even entertain the thought of trading him.

Some of the posts about trading etc are absolute crap. Trading all those players away is ridiculas, you can't build a premiership side by constantly trading for picks on a yearly basis, this core group of players need to be retained in order to be successful.

I want to know how we can get rid of all our so-called 'list cloggers' and one very injured prospect, and get all these bloody picks?!

Not every recruiting team in the AFL models themselves on Freo circa the 1990s.

Just resign Davey, throw 18 around, see if we can get someone in the PSD and be done with it.

A little ambitious, no? Touch optimistic on trade value of our players.

I like Majak Daw too, but we'd be fools to 'pay' forty picks or possibly even a whole draft ahead. I'd hold out until our Rookie pick 1, if we miss him, it's not a disaster, but that should be enough.

Honestly, I don't think there's much need to push for extra picks this draft, and that further trades would be more about moving players on in a friendly, career-continuing way. I had been a spruiker for 18+Miller to Carlton for 11 or something like that, but we have 11 now and still have 18, so I'm happy!

I won't declare preferances for who I think should be delisted, but in respect to your preferences list I think it's only fair that I put my dream draft out there.

It includes 2 guns, 1 bolter, 1 slider, a freak and a brother!

1. Tom Scully - We all know the story here. If we can give 4 to Watts and say he's Norm Smith, then we can give Scully 31 and say he's Barassi.

2. Jack Trengove - There's always room for one more gun midfielder. Hard at it, puts the damage on the scoreboard, known leader. Yes please.

11. Serhat Temel - Would probably be around much later, almost certainly 18, but give me the guy who has proven he can do the job in finals. To my mind the whole selection of other FF options (Panos, Butcher, Griffiths) has question marks and this guy just seems right. Big, powerful, accurate full forward.

18. Jake Fitzpatrick - The chances that he'll slide are boosted even further by our selection of an unexpected tall (not to mention the fun of shaking up the draft coverage with the first pick after the 'countdown'). Fitzpatrick was 'the next tall after Butcher' six months ago, a mid top-10 selection in a lot of books. Inconsistency and poor form will push him almost certainly this far and probably into the 20s, so I'm confident that we would be able to collect for ourselves a 200+cm ruckman with genuine potential here. There's none better this draft, let's lock it in. Unless someone wants to bank on Jamar, Meesen and Johnson filling our first ruck spot for the next ten years?

34. Troy Taylor - To quote Jason Mcartney (on about seven occassions) "He has a little bit of the Daniel Motlop about him". 188cm forward, livewire kind of deal. I like the idea of a forward line loaded with players who thrive amongst chaos and can create something from meagre opportunitites.

50. Dylan Grimes - Not rated super high it seems, but he's got all the character of his brother. Good speed, good read, decent (190ish) height, would be a worthy asset backing up for the likes of Frawley, Garland and Rivers when they aren't available, and may well continue to develop.

PSD 1 - I'm happy to wait for Rookie pick 1 for the speculative option. I'm a sentimental guy and I've already condemned another two players to exit the club (beyond those we already know about) with the picks I've used. So, unless something particularly juicy turns up for the PSD, I'll skip it this year.

So there you go, I've got my own crazy picks, and sentiments.