Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Thanks for taking the time dee-luded, I do regularly clean up and defrag.

Odd thing is my problem does not exist on other sites - strange.

The other annoying thing is when I used to sign in, I stayed in - now I have to sign in every time I jump on the site.

Thanks for taking the time dee-luded, I do regularly clean up and defrag.

Odd thing is my problem does not exist on other sites - strange.

The other annoying thing is when I used to sign in, I stayed in - now I have to sign in every time I jump on the site.

it may be how the site is communicating with your browser? or i don't know cookies or something. its happened to me a few times, but only seems to last a few minutes.

as if a glitch happens & corrects.

I use firefox

IMO Clarke should bat where he gets the most runs for us. If he gets more runs batting at #5 than #3 then that's fine with me.

thats easy to say but as the skipper its about how he effects the rest of the side.

if him falling off the order, puts the heat on less experienced batsmen, & they get less runs at the top of the order, & in particular in the first innings of our test matches; then maybe he should look at himself.

Clarke is a fine, tactically aware captain and Boof is a fine coach. I believe we've got an ideal set-up right now and support both men wholeheartedly.

What does seems obvious is that Clarke is not well liked by quite a few of the fans ... but who cares? He's not there to be liked. He's there to captain his country well and make runs. As far as I'm concerned he does both jobs very well. He's having a rough trot with the bat lately but he's got plenty of brownie points.

Clarke has just come off winning 6 Tests in a row and we're in with a show of winning a series in South Africa. He should be getting more credit but isn't.

• Like 1

Clarke is a fine, tactically aware captain and Boof is a fine coach. I believe we've got an ideal set-up right now and support both men wholeheartedly.

What does seems obvious is that Clarke is not well liked by quite a few of the fans ... but who cares? He's not there to be liked. He's there to captain his country well and make runs. As far as I'm concerned he does both jobs very well. He's having a rough trot with the bat lately but he's got plenty of brownie points.

Clarke has just come off winning 6 Tests in a row and we're in with a show of winning a series in South Africa. He should be getting more credit but isn't.

actually it wasn't clark coming off winning 6 tests. It was the test team, On, & Off field, that won 6 tests.

If it was clark, we would have won all tests in Ye Old` England. but alas, not so.

Come off it Macca. He's a pretty boy and he dated Laura Bingle!

Seriously, it's good post you have made. It's amazing how some have jumped off the side after one Test. It's been a tough summer for some and I don't mean the English.

Newlands will be a fascinating battle. A good Test of both teams and a chance for players on both sides to make a name for themselves.

• Like 1

actually it wasn't clark coming off winning 6 tests. It was the test team, On, & Off field, that won 6 tests.

If it was clark, we would have won all tests in Ye Old` England. but alas, not so.

Captains and/or coaches live and die by wins. They either get credit for the wins or their position often comes into question if the losses are sustained. That's just how it works. Lehmann and Clarke should both be getting credit for our team's turnaround.

However, having sustained losses doesn't always mean a coach or a captain loses his position ... there are numerous examples of that not always being the case. Border and Simpson's positions weren't called into question even though we didn't become a winning 'Test' outfit until '89. Winning the World cup in '87 bought some time but that's just me speculating.

Anyway, I like Clarkey's style. He's a bit different to how a few of our previous captains have been but that's ok.

He's just won the toss and we're batting ... well done 'Pup' :)

3 x t20's follow on after this Test.

Looks like we're already in that mode ^_^ 0-43 after 6 overs

Captains and/or coaches live and die by wins. They either get credit for the wins or their position often comes into question if the losses are sustained. That's just how it works. Lehmann and Clarke should both be getting credit for our team's turnaround.

However, having sustained losses doesn't always mean a coach or a captain loses his position ... there are numerous examples of that not always being the case. Border and Simpson's positions weren't called into question even though we didn't become a winning 'Test' outfit until '89. Winning the World cup in '87 bought some time but that's just me speculating.

Anyway, I like Clarkey's style. He's a bit different to how a few of our previous captains have been but that's ok.

He's just won the toss and we're batting ... well done 'Pup' :)

I'll barrack for PuP, when his transformation is more complete.

he's still got a wayz to go in my eyes.

he's caused a lot of conflict in the past & needs to continue to work on himself.

tubby is still my fav' skip. & tugga.

1/118 at lunch, Warner 75 no, shame he can't control his mouth otherwise he could be a real favourite of the Aussie public.

Plenty like him a lot despite all that. It's unnecessary, but he seems to thrive on it.

Must say, he does bring more people to the game ... maybe even a few who follow the super short version of the game

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

3/331 at stumps makes great reading as Warner answers his critics with a great century and Clarke returns to form. Hopefully, we can continue on day 2 to bludgeon the SA attach which is now without Steyn (hammy).

It's good to see James Pattinson in the team, notwithstanding that it's at Siddle's expense.

• Like 1

If ever a player deserves a century, it's Clarke after last nights gutsy effort. Battered and bruised after surviving a torrid over from Morkel, he soldiered on to be 92 not out at the close of play (well supported by Smith, who is 50 not out)

Along with Warner's tremendous century, Clarke's knock could prove to be a match winning one. All this in the most important Test of the year (arguably) Kudos to both players.

Steyn looks like he's twinged his hammy and that's bad luck for him and his country ... but, that's sport. Playing 3 Tests in 22 days was always going to test the players durability.

Advantage Australia.

• Like 1

He shouldn't really need to. He's toughed it out for years with a bad back to become one of the best batsmen and captains in the world.

People are going to hate him because he has made them look stupid. That is their problem, not his.

Absolutely. Very stupid.

Great gutsy knock last night. not sure what he has to do to get the respect he has earned over a long period and richly deserved.

And Warner's majestic innings should snuff out the doubters but it won't. Arguably the best opening batsman in the world.

Was there a bigger test for Australia than against the No 1 test side, away and after a big loss. And the class of Clarke and Warner shone through.....again.

3/331 and no Steyn for SA, Australia should be primed for the kill. The biggest risk is that the wicket becomes so benign that bowlers are blunted.

If ever a player deserves a century, it's Clarke after last nights gutsy effort. Battered and bruised after surviving a torrid over from Morkel, he soldiered on to be 92 not out at the close of play (well supported by Smith, who is 50 not out)

Along with Warner's tremendous century, Clarke's knock could prove to be a match winning one. All this in the most important Test of the year (arguably) Kudos to both players.

Steyn looks like he's twinged his hammy and that's bad luck for him and his country ... but, that's sport. Playing 3 Tests in 22 days was always going to test the players durability.

Advantage Australia.

kiss his feet macca

your devotion to some sort of 'leader worship' is frightening. he's a soft whimpish sort, leave your adualtion for a better model mate. or when clark comes out of his own fear.

kiss his feet macca

your devotion to some sort of 'leader worship' is frightening. he's a soft whimpish sort, leave your adualtion for a better model mate. or when clark comes out of his own fear.

I'm not going to engage with you if you're going to resort to these sort of acidic and insulting comments. You are so far off the mark it's laughable. My view has nothing to do with adulation or worshiping of any description.

I simply applaud good leadership and excellent performances in sport and I try not to play personalities. When it's the other way around, I'll comment accordingly.

Your hatred of Clarke is obvious and it's there for all of us to see. The truth is that you're carrying on like a sore loser - take a good look in the mirror.

• Like 3

I'm not going to engage with you if you're going to resort to these sort of acidic and insulting comments. You are so far off the mark it's laughable. My view has nothing to do with adulation or worshiping of any description.

I simply applaud good leadership and excellent performances in sport and I try not to play personalities. When it's the other way around, I'll comment accordingly.

Your hatred of Clarke is obvious and it's there for all of us to see. The truth is that you're carrying on like a sore loser - take a good look in the mirror.

Well said.

doolan looked ok.

just about all over when the best bowler for the springboks is injured and the aussies 3 /3??.

watto made to bat 6=love it

sidds =bad luck after carrying team for 4 years,but thats the way it goes.been a great workhorse

doolan looked ok.

just about all over when the best bowler for the springboks is injured and the aussies 3 /3??.

watto made to bat 6=love it

sidds =bad luck after carrying team for 4 years,but thats the way it goes.been a great workhorse

Yep, Alex deserves a good go at it. We've asked him to bat in a tough spot for a newcomer and that needs to be taken into account when we're appraising him. He's shown a bit and his shots through point and cover have looked classy.

Agree with the rest of your post. Siddle will play Test cricket again ... he has dropped a yard in pace but he should be able to get that back with all the help the modern day sportsperson can get these days. In many ways he's an ideal 3rd seamer and opportunities will come his way again (especially with the rate of injuries to our fast bowlers that's been happening in last few years)

Watto at no.6 ... I like it. It effectively means that if the selectors want to look at an Henriques, Mitch Marsh or maybe even a Maxwell, the replacement for Watson subsequently just slips into the same batting spot (or thereabouts)

We're in a great position to push for victory with Steyn out. I thought that the South Africans might have had the upper hand going into this Test but we've come out and won the 1st day quite convincingly. So far, so good.