Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

I've always thought that cricketers that elect to move and play for Sth Aust have been told they have limited options. In other words, I reckon NSW have been honest with him and said, "Phil, we are looking at our openers for this season and we see you getting (very) limited opportunities given your form....there might be an opening spot for you in Sth Aust."

It's happened to a few VICS over the years.

Its also because the Adelaide Oval is the flattest track in the country and batting on that pitch for a season boosts your average and makes you look semi decent

Its also because the Adelaide Oval is the flattest track in the country and batting on that pitch for a season boosts your average and makes you look semi decent

Is that why Bradman went there?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh no!

Kumar misses another double ton- out for 192 for the second time. Left in the 190s for the second time in 3 innings.

He moves to number two for the most amount of times above 190 (11) - 1 behind the Don (12).

My favourite memory of Brett Lee was the Boxing day Test at the G in 1999 . It was Lee vs Tendulkar (plus various other duels) . Brett took a 5er and Sachin got a ton in India's 1st innings . Lee was seriously quick in that Test .

And yet the wheel keeps on turning.......

Callum Ferguson, Cameron White recalled, Glenn Maxwell called up for Australia's series against Pakistan

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/callum-ferguson-cameron-white-earn-recalls-and-glenn-maxwell-is-called-up-for-australias-series-against-pakistan/story-fn2mcu3x-1226427141748

Class player and class bloke.

Gave his best. Cant ask for more.

Congratulations indeed.

Echo these sentiments.

On a lighter note, not many excel in Bollywood. Binga is right up there with Tania Zaetta.

On a lighter note, not many excel in Bollywood. Binga is right up there with Tania Zaetta.

I thought he had more taste.

If that talentless bit of fluff (Zaetta) can make it in Bollywood then Kyle Sandlilands and Danni Minogue should make a motza there.

I thought he had more taste.

If that talentless bit of fluff (Zaetta) can make it in Bollywood then Kyle Sandlilands and Danni Minogue should make a motza there.

Haha.

How Lee got roped into singing in India is one of the more bizarre things coming from a cricketer. But I suppose you only need 0.01% interest in India and you've got yourself a fan base....

Very amusing but no Tania Zaetta (Bollywood connections aside) in this little sing a long!!!

He was professing his "love" through song, for this young lady.......

Amrita+Rao+(26).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I watched along with 2.1 million other Australians last night the first part of the mini series "Howzat - Kerry Packers War" . I thought it was very entertaining. Particularly the confrontation between Kerry Packer and a young David Hookes. Pissa.

Here's an article worth reading regarding that time on reflection:

http://footyalmanac.com.au/?p=43653

-Gideon Haigh.

A very good read.

The second and final part of the series is on next Sunday night on Ch 9.

I watched along with 2.1 million other Australians last night the first part of the mini series "Howzat - Kerry Packers War" . I thought it was very entertaining. Particularly the confrontation between Kerry Packer and a young David Hookes. Pissa.

The second and final part of the series is on next Sunday night on Ch 9.

Thanks for the link H_T, great read. I might need to go on a search mission for Gideon's book on the Cricket War!

Watched last night as well, loved it. That bit with Hookesy and KP was probably the funniest scene of the lot. Lachy Hulme has outdone himself as the main role.

Every Op Shop in Australia must have been raided for the 70's get up, great depiction of the times.

Thought John Cornell is surely batting above his average with Delvene Delaney!

Looking forward to next Sunday night already.

• Like 1

Great to see the Poms losing the series, and no. 1 status overnight.

But really, they didn't do badly. That South African side must rank with the best ever teams.

What a bowler is Steyn!! Yet Philander is overshadowing him by far!

Morkel is good, and Kallis has 280 test wickets. Meanwhile, "Tahir Jack" is an excellent leggie, with great control and a good wrong'un.

Their batting is top class with Kallis an all time great. The Poms did well to get so close.

We'll struggle against both of them!

I'm amazed we're no.3 in the world.....and only a point behind England!

Edited by JUMPING JACK CLENNETT

Great to see the Poms losing the series, and no. 1 status overnight.

But really, they didn't do badly. That South African side must rank with the best ever teams.

What a bowler is Steyn!! Yet Philander is overshadowing him by far!

Morkel is good, and Kallis has 280 test wickets. Meanwhile, "Tahir Jack" is an excellent leggie, with great control and a good wrong'un.

Their batting is top class with Kallis an all time great. The Poms did well to get so close.

We'll struggle against both of them!

I'm amazed we're no.3 in the world.....and only a point behind England!

Aussies will beat South Africa - a 2-1 series win . Won't be easy and we'll need Cummins , Pattinson and Starc firing to achieve this . I do have my optimistic hat on though !

The reason we're so close to the top of the Test rankings is that we've started winning again since 'that' Ashes defeat . And England have struggled since attaining no.1 status .

And ......we've got a series win and a tie in our last 2 series against South Africa . In fact , if we win this series against South Africa there's a reasonable chance we'll go to no.1 in the World . This time last year we were no.5 . That 'Ashes' defeat in 2010/11 was a bad one but we've played some good cricket since then , including a 4 - 0 thrashing over India last summer .

Here's the 'Test Championship Table Predictor' .......this upcoming Australia/South Africa series is effectively for no.1 status . Pity it's only a 3 Test series .

http://www.icc-crick...t_predictor.php

Test matches in Australia this summer ...

vs South Africa

1st Test 9–13 November Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

2nd Test 22–26 November Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

3rd Test 30 November–4 December Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

vs Sri Lanka

1st Test 14–18 December Bellerive Oval, Hobart

2nd Test 26–30 December Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne

3rd Test 3–7 January Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

Btw Jack , if 'our' Hammers win the early game at Swansea tonight we'll go to the top of the table :) (temporarily of course !)

Thanks Macca.

But I am really worried about how we'll go against the South Africans.Hope you're right!

Didn't remember you're a Hammers man!

But Chelsea have already won two...and they're ahead of us in the alphabet,so won't they be above us?

Good point Jack, Chelsea have 2 wins already . We'll have to win 4-0 then ! :)

Watched part 1 of 'Howzat ! Kerry Packer's War' and agree with HT and Stinga . Memories of that time are still quite vivid . Essential viewing tomorrow night .

Oh Dear, Macca.

Not a good weekend for Demon and Hammer supporters. Lucky we're used to it!

I think we might have been getting ahead of ourselves!

A bit like Ratten complaining about winning 13 and not making the Finals!!

Yeah , no good , but my tips were a bit of 'Hit and hope' Jack . Trouble is , they're always hit and hope ! I'm a lot more confident with the Australian Test side .

2nd part of 'Kerry Packers War' was terrific . I thought they nailed it really . Awfully difficult to get the authenticity spot on , but the makers of the show did a fine job . Great viewing .

Everyone!

I had a dream this morning that one M Clarke took the most wickets for Australia in the Aus v Pak Game (00:00 EST Start).

If so we are probably going to lose... But i will collect $210... get on!