The Premiership Window Closing?

Demonland

8 hours ago, Macca said:

Well at least we agree that Flower played the corridor often

Which was the thrust of my original argument where I'd prefer it if the boundary line wasn't a friend for Langdon & Hunter

So absolutely knowing how much room you've got as a wingman might lead to using that area and then kicking 'down the line'

And I'm over seeing another inside 50 go boundary side and then get thumped out of bounds by the opposition.  As previously discussed, those outcomes often leads to another wasted inside forward foray

Collingwood on the other hand ..... 

So you see, I explain my position rather than just sounding off at another loss

And you can't change your game plan in a week.  We were stuck with that style and didn't have the forwards to carry out our plan (injuries to Brown, T-Mac*, Petty, Melksham, Fritsch**, Brayshaw***) 

And just blaming Goodwin is poor analysis.  He's not the midfield coach nor is he the forwards coach (last year that was the domain of Yze & Stafford) Nor is Goodwin to blame if the players miss easy shots at goal ... that's on the players

Goodwin is responsible for the game plan and style of play and he's got a bit of work to do.  But sacked?  With a 16 & 7 record in 2023, that's a fanciful suggestion

*T-Mac on one leg

** Fritsch not fit

***Brayshaw out effected our ability to play Petracca forward

How would he look at 0 and 6 in 2024? my  view is that Goodwins' gameplan is toast and if we are to figure in Sept it needs a major overhaul We make it so hard to attack because  the players are too defensive minded and are chained to a style Needs to be more freedom in attack we have the players for gods sake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kent said:

How would he look at 0 and 6 in 2024? my  view is that Goodwins' gameplan is toast and if we are to figure in Sept it needs a major overhaul We make it so hard to attack because  the players are too defensive minded and are chained to a style Needs to be more freedom in attack we have the players for gods sake.

With a few adjustments we could easily be 6 & 0.  You are too much of a pessimist and are prone to exaggeration

You probably need to follow another sport as the MFC seems to do your head in.  You and Wyl make a good pair ... full of misery

We are doing a lot of things right, we just need to adjust the forward connection.  And we need fit forwards

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

13 hours ago, Macca said:

Kozzie played the first half for the centre bounces against the Crows and was dynamic.  I saw enough that night to be convinced that he's good-to-go for cameo's

But I'd like him in for the bounces, not as an extractor, but for the 2nd or 3rd possession on the back of Clarrie or Viney winning the ball.  In those instances, Petracca could start as a high half forward

Petracca would blow up in 10 minutes playing that role, he's a goal square forward and if he learns to master his nerves he could kick 40 plus goals.

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

Petracca would blow up in 10 minutes playing that role, he's a goal square forward and if he learns to master his nerves he could kick 40 plus goals.

What are you talking about?  If that's the case how does he not blow up as a midfielder?  

He probably covers 12km - 15km per game as a midfielder  (like most midfielders) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

What are you talking about?  If that's the case how does he not blow up as a midfielder?  

He probably covers 12km - 15km per game as a midfielder  (like most midfielders) 

He's an impact player, does his work in bursts and then slows down. High HF's run at a clip all day, look at ANB. You don't put midfielders who can mark, out bustle and hopefully kick goals at HHF. You put them in or near the goal square and let them go to work in bursts. Watch how Dusty plays at Richmond, same same for Petracca.

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

He's an impact player, does his work in bursts and then slows down. High HF's run at a clip all day, look at ANB. You don't put midfielders who can mark, out bustle and hopefully kick goals at HHF. You put them in or near the goal square and let them go to work in bursts. Watch how Dusty plays at Richmond, same same for Petracca.

You're still not making any sense.  He might look like a burst player but he does a hell of a lot of running.  He has to, because midfielders need to get to a lot of stoppages and they are up and down the field all day

Don't be looking at his size as the pointer, that's probably where you are getting confused.  And I'm advocating stints in the forward line, not as a permanent high half forward

Besides which, if you remember, he held down the high half forward role for the entire 2019 season and never looked tired

I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about.  Has Wyl hacked into your account?  

So if Petracca plays 85% of game time and 60% - 65% on the ball, that would leave 20% - 25% forward

And he'd be doing a lot less running when forward.  Not all high half forwards are expected to do too much running

Positionally, a HHF might be placed between HF and a wing and used as a link player.  Occasionally used deeper as a goal-kicking threat.  A rotating role as such.  Especially in Petracca's case

He looked comfortable in his part-time role as a forward last season, just needs to find his accuracy (like a few others) 

Edited by Macca

3 hours ago, Macca said:

You're still not making any sense.  He might look like a burst player but he does a hell of a lot of running.  He has to, because midfielders need to get to a lot of stoppages and they are up and down the field all day

Don't be looking at his size as the pointer, that's probably where you are getting confused.  And I'm advocating stints in the forward line, not as a permanent high half forward

Besides which, if you remember, he held down the high half forward role for the entire 2019 season and never looked tired

I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about.  Has Wyl hacked into your account?  

There’s not a coach in the land that’s playing Petracca as a midfielder/HHF. He’ll play to his strengths which is midfield/deep forward. He’s 28 and he’ll likely be spending more and more time around the goalsquare from now on. It’s where he can do the most damage. Coaches don’t often rest their star mid-forward in another taxing running position that requires both plenty of running at pace and taking hits along the way. By the way you can disagree with me without being a [censored]. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

There’s not a coach in the land that’s playing Petracca as a midfielder/HHF. He’ll play to his strengths which is midfield/deep forward

So do care to explain to us why when Petracca went forward last year that he played at half forward and was often used as a link? (as well as a goal kicking threat)

For an indication of the above comment, a lot of his shots for goal were around the 50 metre arc ... or often further out where he tried to get the distance.  Largely explains why he kicked a number of points.  From even further out he often kicked to the hot spot

He floated about everywhere in the forward line much like when he plays as a midfielder but he didn't play deep forward all that often

Anyway, the bloke is as fit as a fiddle so I don't know why you have this impression that he hasn't got the kilometres in his legs

The league is full of big-bodied midfielders these days.  And they can run out games and sometimes be required to play other roles which requires a degree of running

Edited by Macca

7 hours ago, Macca said:

You probably need to follow another sport as the MFC seems to do your head in.  You and Wyl make a good pair ... full of misery

We are doing a lot of things right, we just need to adjust the forward connection.  And we need fit forwards

It’s called having a different view and opinion.
The Misery was losing to The Filth and Carlton in Consecutive weeks during September. 
The forward Gameplan needed adjustments after the ‘22 Season…..

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It’s called having a different view and opinion.
The Misery was losing to The Filth and Carlton in Consecutive weeks during September. 
The forward Gameplan needed adjustments after the ‘22 Season…..

I don't care for miserable pessimists especially when they quote me

Pouring out all their misery and bringing down the mood?  

All you ever do is whinge.  You'd clear a room in 5 minutes

And quit with your lies about how I've evaluated recruiting previously.

In actual fact, Jason Taylor recruits in exactly the right fashion and mirrors how I would go about it.  And he's been at the club for about the same amount of time that I've been on this site

So where's my conflict?  The answer is there isn't any 

Anyway, spreading lies here is against the sites rules

So you should retract and apologise 

I've never done it (spread lies) and nor should anyone else

So start behaving yourself (if that's at all possible) 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Correct he (Goidwin) is not the midfield coach, and sadly he took little notice of those coaches on gameday

This is a classic example of your lies and innuendo

You've got no proof, none.  You just made it up

Enough with the lies

If I said such a thing, I'd expect the whole site to question me for proof.  And I'd have to be able to back up what I've said

But somehow you get away with it, time and time again

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Macca said:

This is a classic example of your lies and innuendo

You've got no proof, none.  You just made it up

Enough with the lies

If I said such a thing, I'd expect the whole site to question me for proof.  And I'd have to be able to back up what I've said

But somehow you get away with it, time and time again

No I didn’t just make it up, it’s not my style to lie blatantly  

You just don’t like hearing it. 

57 minutes ago, Macca said:

I don't care for miserable pessimists especially when they quote me

Pouring out all their misery and bringing down the mood?  

All you ever do is whinge.  You'd clear a room in 5 minutes

And quit with your lies about how I've evaluated recruiting previously.

In actual fact, Jason Taylor recruits in exactly the right fashion and mirrors how I would go about it.  And he's been at the club for about the same amount of time that I've been on this site

So where's my conflict?  The answer is there isn't any 

Anyway, spreading lies here is against the sites rules

So you should retract and apologise 

I've never done it (spread lies) and nor should anyone else

So start behaving yourself (if that's at all possible) 

Years ago you spent weeks saying drafting players was an absolute Lottery, and I and others on here disagreed with what you said 

Remember…..

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

No I didn’t just make it up, it’s not my style to lie blatantly  

Where is your proof to back up your comments that Goodwin never listens to his assistants?

Back up your comments

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Years ago you spent weeks saying drafting players was an absolute Lottery, and I and others on here disagreed with what you said 

I called it a bit of a lottery because it is

You twist people's words around in such a deceitful manner

I don't know how you get away with it as you do the same thing to a lot of other people

And it's about time you got called out for your disingenuous behavior

36 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It’s not my style to lie blatantly  

Ha ha ha!

Why the need to add the word 'blatantly' 

Isn't a lie just a lie?  

So enlighten us, when did Goodwin start refusing to listen to his assistants?

And how is it that as far as can be made out, you're the only person making such an outrageous claim? 

Where's the proof? 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 16:55, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Agreed.

A no nonsense, excuse free, reality check of a post.

And on top of all that, we are completely cactus because apparently, occording to @Sir Why You Little, Goodwin refuses to listen to any of his assistants 

If that's true, we're in allsortsa

So we may as well pack it all in right now.  I mean, what's the point?  

However, there is a slight chance that Wyl made the whole thing up or was given the wrong information

Anyway, as further news drifts in, I'll endeavour to keep everyone informed

So don't microwave those electronic memberships just yet, there's still hope!

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

I’ve just booked as nice room for you @Macca and @Sir Why You Little. All this erotic chat is getting my ticker going.

Spare me please 

i don’t appreciate being called a liar and when i am, i will retaliate 

I just had a quick read of 2 fairly lengthy threads devoted to upcoming 2013 season

The enthusiasm for the year ahead was quite frankly, a little amusing in hindsight but by and large, the mood was full of hope

Many (including myself) were predicting at least 10 wins and others were talking finals (we were coming off a 4 win season in 2012) 

But 2013 delivered just 2 wins and an average losing margin of 77 points

This year, we'll be coming off a 16 win season so how is the mood?  

Reading this thread, a bit gloomy and quite a few are angry and frustrated

Some of those showing enthusiasm for the year ahead in 2013 are gloomy now

Go figure

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Where's your proof that Goodwin doesn't listen to his assistants

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Ha ha ha!

Why the need to add the word 'blatantly' 

Isn't a lie just a lie?  

So enlighten us, when did Goodwin start refusing to listen to his assistants?

And how is it that as far as can be made out, you're the only person making such an outrageous claim? 

Where's the proof? 

Proof is easy to see. The Gameplan of Goodwin is always the same… inside 50 chaos, he has not refined it past that point. 
If you think i am the only one on this board to use the word stubborn to describe him, then you are wrong.

i will not disclose sources, regardless of how angry you become  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I will not disclose sources

Rubbish

You don't have any sources

• Like 1

@Sir Why You Little

What doesn't add up is if it's widely known within the club that Goodwin doesn't listen to his assistants, how has he still got his job?

And why would the assistants not leave or look elsewhere?

Your argument just doesn't stack up and I doubt that even 1 person believes your nonsense

• Like 2