A Day In The Life Of A Demonland Thread

Demonstone

This thread and the 2014 equivalent are both pure gold.

I went back and read the 2014 one and some of the old names made the Scully and Neeld eras come flooding back

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DemonWA said:

This thread and the 2014 equivalent are both pure gold.

I went back and read the 2014 one and some of the old names made the Scully and Neeld eras come flooding back

Same.

But unlike the past, the memories of that era no longer require me to pass through the five stages of grief before I can move on with the rest of my day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, DemonWA said:

And some think the vitriol in today’s game day threads is excessive! 

It was Lord of the Flies stuff back in those days!

15 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Indeed. And @Rhino Richards would hand out bans and warnings like a over zealous parking inspector!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I actually believe that this thread was done 8 or so years ago. However, names like Saty, Biffen, Stuie, Range Rover, deeluded, Ben Hur and so forth got a guernsey back then.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:57 AM, rpfc said:

Yeah, it was ‘is the sky blue?’ Type thing IIRC.

Good to see a 2022 reboot.

I wonder if I forfeit the right to complain when a thread of me imitating posters gets imitated. My lawyer has a great philosophical brain. I’ll ask him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/10/2022 at 9:16 AM, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Oddly enough there was very little backlash towards the umpires back then on the game day threads (the team was performing so abysmally - that was the focus)

Numerous people quit the site on those game-day threads (often returning at a later date) One bloke told us he was going to barrack for Richmond!

Others were predicting 10-15 goal losses half way through the first quarter.  Nightmare times

The shared misery was another standout feature ... at one stage there were at least 30 threads all with different topics on what was wrong with the club

To this day I've no idea how the moderators kept up with it all ... it was total mayhem and the venting was at extreme levels

And most are still here ... we are a stoic bunch, Col

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Macca said:

Numerous people quit the site on those game-day threads (often returning at a later date) One bloke told us he was going to barrack for Richmond!

I remember him well. @Tigers Dayzwas his name I believe.

16 hours ago, Macca said:

To this day I've no idea how the moderators kept up with it all ... it was total mayhem and the venting was at extreme levels

Indeed. I remember one happy camper (who shall remain anonymous) stating he would spit on Neeld in the street should he pass him by. Delightful stuff.

1 minute ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I remember him well. @Tigers Dayzwas his name I believe.

Indeed. I remember one happy camper (who shall remain anonymous) stating he would spit on Neeld in the street should he pass him by. Delightful stuff.

Well his new team then went and won 3 flags but you have to wonder about the levels of real passion.  Something false about all that as those who switch teams as an adult could best be described as untrustworthy types!

Fast forward to now and obviously we want to win more than one flag with the current list but for me anyway, there is still a strong sense of absolute relief that we at least broke the long, 57 year drought

3 flags over a 10 year stretch would satisfy (I fully expect the club to keep reloading with talent long past the 5 year window) Other teams such as the Cats, Swans, Eagles & Hawks have reloaded so why not us?

To do that we have to keep recruiting aggressively with a real, workable plan

2020 might have been the first year of our window even though we didn't (but should have) played finals.  The list had been put together and it was just a matter of clicking into gear

Reckon we'll win tonight to make it 1 from 5 with 4 more to knock over to win big

On 8/9/2022 at 9:26 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

Haha not bad by you @Demonstone 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

He's rarely in poor form.

Probably moonlights fighting criminals at night by correcting their grammar and pronunciations.