A Day at the Races

Toorak

We're going to see a lot of Giga Kick as it's a 3yo gelding  The Coolmore? Rotal Ascot? The TJ Smith? 

Sky is the limit and it's unbeaten

Commanding performance and it had been running some very slick times in 1100m races ... so the form was there

Ended up getting the quinella x 150% so here's your virtual 🍺 @Mr Steve

23 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Is Ladbrokes a decent site?

I’ve been with Sportsbet and I like the bonus bets for 2nd, 3rd etc (which I think most sites do?) but outside that they have stopped pretty much everything else.

With all the offers from BetR I think the rest will pick up there game. Lads are also offering a 100% deposit match at the moment. Up to $100. What I like most about Lads is that I can deposit at the local Newsagent, no explaining the spend on the credit card to the wife. They also gave me a $50 bet which I stuck on No Compromise .

Edited by Mr Steve
  • Like 2

Durston only got into the Caulfield Cup field today but will now probably be 3rd or 4th favourite for the Melb Cup! 

Was 51.5kgs but might carry 54kgs after a penalty?  Impressive win all the same and strong at the finish of a mile and a half

Deauville Legend & Loft are the 2 though with their overseas form

@Dee Zephyr@Mr Steve@Gorgoroth

Big 2 days at the Valley!

Who do you fancy in the Manikato & Cox Plate?

Exotic for me in the sprint and I'm on at 20-1 with Anamoe in the Plate.  Maybe a trifecta in that race as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Exotic for me in the sprint and I'm on at 20-1 with Anamoe in the Plate.  Maybe a trifecta in that race as well

Haven’t looked much but Anamoe should win. 
As a roughy I might take Mr Brightside

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Haven’t looked much but Anamoe should win. 
As a roughy I might take Mr Brightside

Haven't looked much! haha

Horse racing is front & centre for me ... daylight to my next sporting interest!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macca said:

I'm liking the two down the bottom for the Manikato Macca, Best Of Bordeaux and Coolangatta.

I'm always fascinated when an international or former now in El Bodegon enters the Cox plate. Anamoe is the best horse in the country and I always like seeing the best salute. 

Good luck fellas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I'm liking the two down the bottom for the Manikato Macca, Best Of Bordeaux and Coolangatta.

I'm always fascinated when an international or former now in El Bodegon enters the Cox plate. Anamoe is the best horse in the country and I always like seeing the best salute. 

Good luck fellas.

Yes, good luck to all!

Had a saver on El Bodegon (just in case) ... the 3yo colt has been racing well against elite company in Europe and is the real danger in the race

Anamoe is in the right gate though and is the one to beat, DZ

Best of Bordeaux tonight is a real chance as is Coolangatta (drawn perfectly again)

Eleven Eleven & Roch 'N' Horse can both run bold races as well (at the odds) 

• Like 1

I believe Anamoe has now won the most Group 1s for a Godolphin horse. Cracking race i thought, the champ wins and I’m Thunderstruck and El Bodegon were huge.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Thunderstruck once again was on the charge but just 10 meters too late

Been working all day but kept tabs

Anamoe is a gun and Bella must have been good (by the call) Thunder could do well overseas as well as Anamoe.

But with the money on offer here it's more about prestige if travelling

Replays on the agenda tonight as I recorded the whole ch7 coverage!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Been working all day but kept tabs

Anamoe is a gun and Bella must have been good (by the call) Thunder could do well overseas as well as Anamoe.

But with the money on offer here it's more about prestige if travelling

Replays on the agenda tonight as I recorded the whole ch7 coverage!!

Bella Nipotina was never going to lose, I had a fair day, missed by a nostril on either oar and decided not to use a bonus bet on my blackbooked horse (like to use some bonus bets on roughies)in promise of success…. And it ran a cracking race.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Bella Nipotina was never going to lose, I had a fair day, missed by a nostril on either oar and decided not to use a bonus bet on my blackbooked horse (like to use some bonus bets on roughies)in promise of success…. And it ran a cracking race.

Always the way

I had a good day with the Anamoe collect (courtesy of Rupert/Betr) but got real lucky on an exacta payout where I typed in the wrong/right number for 2nd

Wonders will never cease but I'll take the 4 Avacado's!! (8 pineapples) ... I messaged  out to the various acquaintances and a mate came back with a 2k payout story when he thought he'd only won 200 ... typed in 100 instead of 10 on the layout and didn't realise (Singapore, months ago)

You need luck in this game, Gorg

Derby Day next Sat ... can't wait!!

But in the meantime, Sale Cup tomorrow and the Bendigo Cup ($500k) Wednesday ... exotics? Good money for the bush!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Can’t see anything less than heavy 8 tomorrow, hopefully a soft 6/7 for the cup, but doubt that too.

First time I’ll have to work Melb Cup since the late 90s, will be weird but hopefully will watch the races on my phone/pc

And I'm not working Tuesday when I thought I might have been!

With this weather we're likely to see some highly fancied runners flounder with at least a few roughies or value runners saluting

Had a few win bets but my plan is wide exacta's with an accent on value

I like 'Jacquinot' in the Coolmore, 'Yearning' each way in the Empire Rose and I'm sticking with Mr Maestro in the Derby (despite the wide barrier)

3 hours ago, Jontee said:

Mug punter here - any tips for the cup?

To be honest mate, the cup is always hard as it’s a distance that’s not seen very often, then factor in what could happen with weather and then which parts of the track may have cut up. The fav has never ran the distance, never won or placed on a soft track (soft 6 at the min). Think next best is $10.  Vow and declare is $31and it won this race 3 years ago, the Adelaide cup winner is $51

Also with such a large field it makes it harder again. Go with what pops out to you, what horse you think looks good in the mounting yard or what colours 😅

I like Lunar Flare, Smoking Roman’s and Vow and Declare are also big chances, know nothing about the fav from England I think 🤔 

so long answer no, short answer nup. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1